Pages

Followers

Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 18, 2014 Crucified

Today there is no quote or comments. I would like to share a bit of poetry I wrote and placed in my personal journal of inspiration. It is in the Library of Congress and copyrighted.

Crucified

"Old man! From Whence do you come?

"I come from 70 times 7000 yesterdays
of happiness and  Sorrow."

"Old man! Where are you going?"

"I go to the memories of tomorrow's
 forever where death has died and life is born."

"Old man how are you called?"

"I am peace in turmoil, hope in the 
hopeless and love in the lost."

"Old man! What do you want?"

I want to go blind and see, deaf and 
hear, mute and speak, die and be born,
cry to laugh, but most of all to find 
love the lost in days past."

"Old man! Have you found what you search for?"

"I have found a beam and a cross beam,
three nails, a hammer, a crown of thorns 
and a lance that await me. When I meet 
them my love will be there."

"Old man! When will this happen?"

"In the measure of a breath already 
forgotten as a memory that has not yet 
happened."

And then the old man was gone. 

 This poem is copyrighted and is in the Library of Congress Of The U.S. It may be copied to share with friends but my permission is required for any other use. This includes publication of any kind in any medium or for any other use or purpose not approve of in writing by me. Thank you for your cooperation.
                                                                        
That is a tribute to our crucified Christ. Now we can get to the post for today. I used the image "Crown of Thorns" from Our Daily Bread. I used the larger single image since I am generating my sentiment in Microsoft Word. Here is the image colored. The images were all processed in PhotoImpact software. 


The image was colored using Copics. The colors are: Skin E11, E41, E31, RV000, Ro1, V20, BV01, BV11, R46 - Hair E57, E59 - Crown E49 - Eyes E57. I fussy cut the round circle with the colored image to 2 7/8" in diameter. I the colored the background halo with Copic Y000. Next I took a photograph of lightening from and unknown origin that I had on my computer. (I know it was free and no copyrights or restrictions or it would not be on my computer. I am anal about that sort of thing.) I cut it to 4" X 4", scanned it and inserted into a word document. I set the word document size to 4 1/8" wide X 5 5/8" high, added the sentiment then printed it on card stock. Now it gets tricky.


 I took the Image and affixed it to the lightening image with Express IT tape being very careful to keep the image aligned vertically. Instead  of Velum I used 3M CG3460 overhead projection transparency film. This film has one side that is textured for ink jet printers. I scanned the partially finished card and flipped the image horizontally in Impact pro. I then imported it into another word word document and sized it to the EXACT measurements of the original. This is the critical step. The film now looks like this. 

If this is done correctly everything will match up. The next thing is to fasten a sheet of card stock to the film with the rough side facing away from the card stock. This is done so the printer can see there is something there to print on and tohelp keep the film from sliding out of position. I printed the image onto the transparency and put it over the image to see if it all matches up. Actually it took 4 tries before it was sized properly. I then cut it to the size of the base image.The  transparency must be flipped horizontally to do this. It now looks like this.



I cut Express IT tape in half and used it to affix the the two halves together VERY carefully. Everything must match up perfectly. Before finishing the last side I put a few small dabs of glue along the dividing line between the picture and sentiment to keep them together and flat. The two pieces must be as one to have the effect desired. To finish the card I took some of the grungiest 3/8" brown ribbon I could find and fastened and trimmed it with  Express IT tape. I also put one strip of the ribbon over the dots of liquid glue to hide them. The result is a card that is brighter and 3D in many ways. The eyes will follow you when you move the card. Cool and eery at the same time. This is the end result.



The borders were meant to look like aged wood. I think they do. I made sure the bruises and precious  blood are part of this because He bore them for us. This image was done with frequent breaks. It is hard to color through tears. There was much hesitation about doing this card. It was a labor of love and an emotional experience as well. I am not sure I could do it again with this image. I hope you like it. It really does not look like it does in person. Thank you for stopping. Have a HAPPY EASTER and LOVE THE DETAILS.


 


19 comments:

  1. It sounds like this was an extremely labor-intensive creation, but it turned out beautiful! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this ODBD image, and been afraid to buy it, because I knew I could not do justice to it. I am awed by your skill with the coloring. You've really done a labor of love with just that part alone. It is so very moving. Then I'm reading about the transparency technique, the sizing, the combining of the lightning print with the stamped image...and this is totally a WOW factor. I hope you have some good challenges to submit this one too, as I think it is the best you've done that I've seen yet. (and that's saying a lot too). I'm so glad you shared this with Blogland. It is impressive. Happy Easter to you & Jill. And hoping that all is going very well too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Love the lightening in the background and the way you achieved all this with the transparency technique. Awesome card! So very elegant looking.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,I knew your Easter post today would be thought provoking-and your card matches it perfectly :)It was indeed a labour of love for you with much time and thought gone into it,and obviously much emotion.
    Best wishes to you both this Eastertime xxx Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your poetry. You really have a wonderful gift for writing. You've chosen the perfect image to work with as we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ this coming Sunday. Fabulous work and so happy to see it in the blog world this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Easter time! TFS sharing this post with all of us.
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jim, you did a wonderful job with this! Have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your poetry and your work of art. Both are beautifully done.

    Thanks for the powerful inspiration!

    Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a work of love Jim, and I am sure it is way more dramatic IRL!! Your words are provocative too - once again they made me think {the brain cells get a good workout when I visit your blog ;-) }.
    May your Easter be blessed
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool poem - didn't realize you were a poet as well. Such a talented guy. Love the coloring and special effects you did on this image. Wonderfully thought out like everything else you do! TFS all this and everything else you share. Happy Easter! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning! This is truely a work of love. Thank you for sharing this.
    The poem is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very brave to work with this amazing image. A true labour of love. Beautiful poem too.
    Easter Blessings
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post Jim - Happy Easter to you and your family - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sweetie simply stunning, Happy Easter huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing your Easter experience - a work from the heart. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jim/Jill, just popping by to enjoy this wonderful card yet once more, and also to say Happy Easter to you both. I'm sure it is by way of being a very special Easter to ya'll. I'm so glad & happy. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belated Happy Easter, Jim! Between time with family (exponentially special!) and sporadic internet, I've fallen behind in commenting, but I'm here, in a state of marvel and awe, admiring your heart-touching post and card. The image you've created is powerful (blinking away tears powerful), and the labour of love infused in creating the card impressive. Words are limiting in explaining how this has affected me, so I'll stop talking and sit, in silence. You already know the impact...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  18. You reflect Christ back to all of us so beautifully!!!! You bring tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Truly enjoyed your poem. It's in the Library of Congress? I'm intrigued... And again, your patience while creating your very moving image of Jesus. I, on occasion, cut and paste with the PC too and never get it right on the first try!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.