Pages

Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 15, 2014 Covenant #2

God doesn't want us to have rigid rituals with Him. In the new covenant, He is more interested in having a relationship with us.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/covenant.html#ar2bUwEou11SfY1y.99


Does that speak to you? What kind of relationship is it if God's promises mean nothing. I used to hear the statement, "promises are made to be broken" quite  a bit. Can you imagine if God thought that way? What would be our reaction if this was the way we were treated? Is an "on again off again" relationship with Jesus what you want? We do that with our relationships in this life. There could be no surety of an eternal life if God was that way. Personally, I know this is not the way it is. The whole of His promises are laid our in the living word, the Bible. Those that have chosen to follow Him are placing themselves in His hands. He in turn keeps their soul safe and provides for them. It is up to you to live the life that will speak of this to others louder than the evangelist on the podium. If you think it will not be noticed how you live, think again. The light house in this painting serves as a good example.

‘You are light for the world. A city built on a hill-top cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp to put it under a tub; they put it on the lamp-stand where it shines for everyone in the house. In the same way your light must shine in people’s sight, so that, seeing your good works, they may give praise to your Father in heaven. 

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Mt 5:14–16). New York: Doubleday.  

I apologize for not visiting many of you as much as I would like. I would like to thank all of those who have stopped and supported me with your wonderful comments. There are no words to tell you how important they are. Bless all of you and thank you.  

Now for the good works. I dare say there are about 14 hours in this at present. about 5 of that has been preparation. I was not sure of the acrylic paints or how good they were so I contacted the company and they will replace up to 6 of the paints free if I have any problems with them. They are water soluble which makes a large difference. There are 18 base colors and 22 color combinations making a total of 40 colors before all is said and done. 




The tools needed are as follows:
A tray to put and mix the acrylics in. A syringe to put drops of water into the paint for thinning purposes. A Stratford & York # 700 brush (black), a Filbert Silver Ultra Mini 10/0 brush (white), a Paint Works #1 brush (red), #2 Flat Winson Newton Special Value brush (blue). The first two brushes I purchased separately and the second two came with the kit. Here is a close up of the brush I use the most, the first one.

It gets in those small spaces. There are lots of small spaces. LOL. 




The first color was a mix of #1 a beige and #11 a lavender.




The second color used was #18 a beige. They were mostly sky and water. I had more of the # 18 left over than I wanted to throw away so I went to the second mix and added #3 a purple. This proved to be an eye strain headache. Tried to use my circle magnifying lamp but it was only good for finding the areas needing to be colored. So much for the magnifier. YAY, only 37 more colors to go. Sigh. 50% of those are TINY, TINY, TINY. I need to get a bottle of Excedrin when I go to the store tomorrow. I have a feeling I will need them. LOL.

That is the progress so far. If I don't post like this you will not hear from me until mid winter. This is not your paint by numbers from the 50's to be sure. LOL....I think. At any rate, always remember to LOVE THE DETAILS. (We may revise that before this is all said and done.)


      

23 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is a huge labour of love! Looking forward to seeing it finished! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My daughter loves doing these kind, but even the biggest she's done is probably only half the size of this! This is going to look amazing! We'll send out search parties if we don't hear from you before New Year! lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous piece of art, can't wait to see the finished result!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell it is going to a beauty. I'm sure it is slow going so winter it may be. The lady who gave you this will be so excited to see it finished, I'm sure. And, it will be a promise kept. No way are promises made to be broken, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd need a bushel of Excedrin--LOL! You gave me a chuckle about maybe having to revise "love the details"! We'll keep encouraging you--blessings, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a very strong feeling you will be super careful of what you promise going forward................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jim, you are a brave soul for tackling this project."You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!” GODSPEED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim you have the patience of a saint this looks so complicated and so intricate you are a very brave man Love and Happy Painting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very ambitious undertaking for sure, but I have no doubt that we are going to see one beautiful result.
    Happy hours of painting...........

    hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously Jim this is not child play! With this great start I can only imagine what the end result will be. Good luck with this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this will be beautiful when all done! Sorry I haven't been by in awhile, I have frozen shoulder and am trying to stay off the computer, or at least not as much. I have to go back and read your prior posts and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to keep you out of serious trouble for a while, eh? I hope you still have good vision after it's completed, because it looks like it will be a painstaking challenge to finish it! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talk about details!!! This should keep you busy for quite a while! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!!! This is some teeny tiny work!!!! It's going to be gorgeous because you pay attention to the details!!!! Looks like you will be busy for a bit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always enjoy the very inspirational prequel to your craft post. Many things to think about, and all of the things you said are exactly true. God doesn't break His promise...good thing He doesn't give up on us who do, isn't it? He promised us eternity if we accepted the sacrifice He so lovingly made for us. Sounds easy enough to accept, right? Wonder why so many feel it is not possible. Your painting intimidated me, just looking at all those tiny, miniscule portions on that canvas! I wouldn't have the courage to start the first dab of paint on it. Looks like you are making some good headway on your start though. I expect this is one effort you will have to just set a finite amount of time to work each session, and make yourself stop at a set time. Otherwise, I think you'd go blind! Good luck, and so glad you are sharing this work with us! Ya'll have a good evening. Blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Had to laugh at your last comment because looking at all this, I kept thinking over and over about how your blog is called Love the Details and now you are totally living that slogan. I am guessing you actually love this project - it is a challenge, a covenant, and from what I can see a beautiful project. Even with only the few colors you have completed - it is beautiful. Makes you really appreciate all the colors and details that God put in this world doesn't it? When I see things like this or the real thing in Nature, or even think about how our minds work to be able to do this or anything like it, I really wonder how someone could not believe in God! I love that you are keeping us posted on this project.

    I am super glad we can rely on God's promises - I am so glad He does not treat us like we treat Him!

    Hugz and I can't wait until you next progress report!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're doing great, Jim! I'm impressed so far! You definitely will need to take your time and do bits at a time to pace yourself and your eyes - and muscles and back - for all this teeny tiny detail work. We will be very patient!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. I admire you for taking this on, it is a daunting task for sure! I think I would go blind or dizzy looking at all those small spaces. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice to see your progress...it is fun to post this!
    and TFS as always your thoughts on spiritual matters! always refreshing and makes me reflect on life too!.
    hugs from sunny California
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  20. A multitude of details to love in this image, Jim, and I know you'll love every one, even if your teeth are set on edge at times! Already, we see the signs of life emerging...This painting's 'creative process' reminds me of a Noah's Ark cross-stitch (I've made several...I used to collect things Noah's Ark themed) I bought, which contained 80 different threads...oh, a fine, detailed, exquisite piece - and still not finished! The wee panda bears alone were 10 different shades of white through to grey through to black. One of these days...after I finish the Noah's Ark birth sampler for my nephew (who's already 2 1/2...).
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. So far so good. Looks like it takes a lot of work to complete this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a very ambitious project...a steady hand and a lot of patience required here! I'm sure the end result will be worth the work! :)
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. WO- this will be fun to watch you tackle this- I am thinking it may be a bit too advanced for me : ) I always love your write ups- so true, so true!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.