Pages

Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 23, 2014 The Gift of Giving

The gift of giving is presentation from the heart, transitioned through the Soul.

In recent months the journey in my life has taken some twists and turns that have brought to light the gift of giving and just how awesome and humbling it is. Truth and sincerity seen through eyes that are pure and devoted reaching out to offer self without any expectancy of return. Knowing that a piece of ones self is given and accepted with humility and thankfulness is awesome and at the same time humbling. It is proven in an act of kindness, a physical gift and especially presence in time of need. It often requires nothing more than that, your presence.

When my mother passed away I was standing at the door greeting those who were coming to pay their respects. A couple came through the door, one in a wheel chair and the other pushing her. I totally came unglued on seeing them. Her health was failing and her husband and family tried to talk her out of coming but she insisted on being there. I greeted her with tears in my eyes and she said I just had to be here and smiled. It wasn't too many months later she herself was called home to our father in heaven. It was a lesson never forgotten. That was almost 14 years ago. It was truly a gift from the heart and soul.     


Kindness and faithful love pursue me every day of my life. I make my home in the house of Yahweh for all time to come.


The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Ps 23:6). New York: Doubleday.


This post will be a fairly short one. I recently received the package from Maria. It was a very pleasant surprise. There were a lot of oo's and ah's when the package was opened with all the goodies in there. I just had to take some photos and share them with you. Here is a picture of all the things that were in the package.


I must say I was not expecting this. But it certainly came at a time when it is very much appreciated. Thank you Maria.

I'm going to try to post a very special card on Sunday. Until then, remember to LOVE THE DETAILS.


14 comments:

  1. What a blessing that parcel must have been :-). I am happy for you.
    We are going to have extended family living with us shortly - I suspect it may be a crash course in character building - your prayers will be coveted.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous package, love all of the yummy crafty goodies, have fun! Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift, how kind and thoughtful of Maria. I'm sure her lovely parcel will give you hours of pleasure. It's a real joy to give someone a gift that is appreciated, but it's also wonderful to receive something that someone has put so much thought into! Enjoy your lovely gift!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift straight from Maria's heart. A wonderful post today about giving and glad you shared your "happy" package with us. How wonderful to receive such a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy mail..........love it. Can't wait to see what you do with some of it!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very kind gift from your friend. I loved reading your touching story of your friend who took the time to be at your Mothers funeral too. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the pretties she sent. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

  7. What a wonderful "loot" package you will have fun for weeks with this bounty
    Love your message above ,lost my only brother in may and have heard many regrets on what was not done or said while he was with us , from my sisters but have seen no change in how they relate so they ( all younger ) will have the same regrets over and over...............The peace is in the memories............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jim, for the many, many gifts you've given to me and my family in the few months we've known one another. You truly are a blessing. Enjoy your happy mail.

    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Jim, I agree with Sue! Happy mail! That's what a few of my friends call it, and what a blessing indeed! How precious of Maria to have the gift of giving...and to a very special person too! Wonderful post about giving and how we are blessed by it and have the best example of giving, as we think of what God gave to us in the form of His Son, Jesus! Thanks, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking of you and Jill over the past couple of days, as I've missed your posts, and voila..here you are! The gift of your presence is most wonderfully timed; your post, absolutely heart-warming! Speaking of 'presents': WOW! Your stash has certainly grown with the abundant goodies Maria sent! You more than deserve them, and I know you'll do them proud! Blessings~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. When your not expecting it-it is like Christmas :). I love when I get goodies sent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the greatest pleasures in life, for me is to give - how great or small the gift is, is of no importance - it's the idea and the love that goes with it, that's important!!! Enjoy your lovely gift from Maria!!!!
    Keep well - so nice to have a post from you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another very thought provoking & inspiring post. It always feels so wonderful to give something that the recipient really wanted or enjoys...it makes the giver feel so special as well. How blessed you were to receive this wonderful packet of awesome goodies from a sweet person, and I'm sure she knew that you'd make terrific use of each little morsel. Some good stuff in this happy mail, you're lucky to have such a friend. TFS & Thanks to Maria too! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Irish I was touched by the story you told about your beloved Mother's funeral. What a beautiful thing she did by attending. I was equally touched at my husband's funeral. I was overwhelmed by the people who attended! Your package from Maria is full of beauty! Enjoy it my friend! Thinking of you both! Tim has been sick with a bad cold all weekend and here I am awake when I should be sleeping! Lol! Totally worth it to visit you and say hello! Big hugs to you both! Jill2

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.