Pages

Followers

Thursday, December 18, 2014

December 18, 2014 Gift

Gifts come in many forms and none is greater than Love.

 observing what is written in the Law of the Lord: Every first-born male must be consecrated to the Lord

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Lk 2:23). New York: Doubleday.


I am the first born of my siblings. I am dedicated to the Lord. He is my refuge, my shield and my sword. His gifts have been many. Though I am not rich, I count my wealth in those who are counted among our friends.

Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and bear with me because this will be a somewhat long post.

It has been over 2 months since my last post. At that time there were some decisions to be made. One of them was to put blogging on hold to take care of personal needs and family needs. In that time there have been many things happening, most of which have been taken care of. Some things still need to be addressed. Jill, my DW, had cataract surgery in October and November. Her risk was higher than normal because she was legally blind without her glasses. She is now 20/20 in both eyes and the surgeon was surprised at how well everything turned out. Her eye doctor was elated and told her it makes him happy to see her results were so good. We know the Lord had a lot to do with that and we praised Him all of the way. There was a lot more going on before all of this but that is for another day.

Several of you were very supportive during a difficult and trying time and I would like to acknowledge that support at this time. Jill and I have been pretty much home bound lately and you have made our days on several occasions with personal emails and cards of encouragement. Thanking you personally has already been done but there are several individuals that have left us honored and humbled. It is very much appreciated and for that I would like to thank you publicly. I know it is not expected but your gift of giving and caring is so special to both of us. 

Mary H has been a blessing in many ways. Early on Mary was an encouragement to both of us. I know she was busy at some of those times but she still paused to encourage us both to do whatever was needed. Thank you Mary. You have been a very special and endearing angel for your gift to us.

Darnell is someone most of you probably know. As busy as she has been, she still found time to email us and send cards of encouragement to Jill. She is a dynamo extraordinaire. With all of your own goings on it is special that you thought of Jill and I and reached out both online and with cards. I think it only appropriate that I share your Christmas card as well.



Bibiana is very special to Jill and I. She is from Columbia, South America now residing in California. She has a heart of gold that is as big as all out doors. She is one of those people who amazes me in more ways than I can express. She has a You Tube site for her tutorials, a French blog, a Latino blog and is on several design teams. Yes, she speaks several languages. To say she is busy is an understatement. With all of this going on, and then some, she still found time to email us and show she cares. I would like to share the Christmas card from Bibiana. As you can see she is talented and then some.


These little gifts were included. 

 

The gift for each of us is so special and endearing to us. 

Em Fairley is an assistant pastor and someone I hold dear. Her kindness and compassion is what makes her very special. What a joy it must be to attend her church. Thank you so much for your card. It is beautiful and will be among my treasures.


I have not had much chance to talk to Em yet but hope to do so in the new year. Thank you for being so special. 

It is not possible to give a shout out to all of those that have shared with Jill and I in this post but I will be giving more shout outs in the future. There are so many special and talented people that have come into our lives. For now, Thank you for understanding.

It is time for an update to the painting. There has been a big improvement since you last saw it. There are a few more days invested all told. I am not sure how many but I would not be far off if I said it was at least 60 to 70 hours off and on. That is a little over an hour a day. Not much considering it is 2.5 months since I last posted. Here is the Update. First the colors Used.


Most of the colors were used by themselves so that when I go back to mixing them I have a better idea what may be running out. Most are finished as stand alone colors. I am sure I missed a spot here and there but they will be done when Most everything is done. Now the painting.



 It does not look like it but there is a LOT left to do. Most of the big stuff is done. Most of the small detail is not visible until enlarged. Very few of the mixed colors have been touched yet. 17 of the colors that need to be mixed are untouched. That should give you an idea  of the work left to do.

I do hope everyone is well and I pray for everyone each night after bible reading. It is hoped that all is well with everyone and all are healthy and ready for the coming celebration of Christ's birth. It is the beginning of the greatest gift we have ever received. May you all be blessed with all that matters in life, health, happiness and love. Of course that includes some of the other fineries and extras as well. GOD bless and remember to LOVE THE DETAILS.

                     

31 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that things turned out so well for Jill - and glad that you have pulled through a difficult time together with love.
    I am in absolute awe of the beautiful painting Jim - it is coming along so well.You are so blessed to have such a talent.
    Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim it is so nice to see you posting again, I am pleased to hear that things are better for Jill I have been keeping you both in my prayers, your painting is fabulous I look forward to seeing it finished
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you and Jill just the other day thinking that I hadn't gotten any email posts for your blog. Since I have had problems not getting my notifications, I just figured that was the problem and that I needed to try and find your blog to catch up on what was going on here. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do and if that means stepping back from blogging, then we do it. Plain and simple. I'm so happy to hear that Jill is doing so well with her eyes, how wonderful the Lord is!!! It is also amazing at all the support you both have had from these lovely people. I know how amazing and special Mary H and Darnell is! I know since DH and I started his journey over a year ago, we have had wonderful support too and blessings. Our big blessing came when DH needed a new drug to fight his cancer as nothing else was working but the meds are $10,000.00 a month for 21 pills. We were told that our insurance doesn't like to cover this medication. But our Thanksgiving Blessing came when we got a letter from our insurance saying that they indeed would cover the meds and cover them until 2099! Now I am praying for a Christmas Miracle for DH in that they pills work and can kick this cancer but good!! I am also praying for minimal side effects for him. We all have much to be thankful for and I am very thankful with everyday I have with DH. My prayers are with you and Jill as well. Now your painting is looking so amazing! Blessings and hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you and seeing all the cards your loving friends sent you . The painting is coming along nicely and it does look complete but like Rembrandt you will be following it to the gallery , paint brush in hand
    Jim and Jill I want to wish you
    A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and an uneventful 2015

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you here Jim and catch up on your news - it was so exciting to see the great results for Jill from the cataract surgery, and to know that things are going well in your corner of the world. The painting is amazing!! God is good.
    Christmas blessings to you both
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim, it is my honor to be but a small part of yours and Jill's lives. You're both a blessing to me and I look forward to getting to know both of you more. I'll drop you an email shortly. God bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear from you again and just so pleased that Jill's cataract surgery has gone so well it must be amazing for her to now have 20/20 vision. You are certainly loved by all those kind people who have supported you both. I love the painting its just looking wonderful but it all sounds like a lot of work still to do. If you don't get chance to blog again before Christmas I wish you both the most peaceful of Christmas's and Good Wishes for 2015 love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jim
    What a joy it was to see you pop up on my comments. Have been concerned what may be going on behind the scenes but glad to know that things seem to be settling down for you and your family.
    Your painting has come on a treat and I guess has given you something else to focus on during difficult moments.
    Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and happier times for 2015.
    You and your poignant observations have been missed.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that DW's eye surgery went well! You both are truly blessed! Nice of you to share your haul of cards with us that you got from some pretty amazing women! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to know Jill is doing so well after cataract surgery. Your painting is coming along so beautifully too! Merry Christmas to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, so much to be thankful for this Christmas season. I am so happy that Jill's surgery has gone so well....eyesight is sooooooo important. For whatever other difficulties you've had in your lives, I'm so hoping and praying all is well now.

    I am familiar with Bibiana and Darnell. You've received some very pretty cards from them and your assistant pastor. And, I know sweet Mary H., too.

    I haven't been on my blog as much recently. It is really more than I can do, at times. But, I love my family of bloggers.

    Your painting is looking fabulous. Oh, so much work, but so worth it. I know how you much enjoy it when you get to work on it.

    Merry Christmas to you and Jill and I'm wishing a wonderful 2015 for you both. Tell her I said so in case I don't make it to her blog......so much to do and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you and Jill are doing well and that you have been uplifted and encouraged by the Lord and the friends He has sent your way. Your painting is looking gorgeous! Have a very merry and blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeepee! You are back...I am so happy for Jill's surgery and her fantastic recovery!!! and for you to be back...I am sending you BOTH BIG HUGS and we will be in touch for sure! thanks for the lovely and thoughtful comment! I am happy to see that Darnell and Mary were in contact too!, love those ladies too!
    happy holidays my friend!
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jim. A Very Happy and Healthy Christmas to your goodself and Jill. Wonderful that her surgery has been such a success. I do hope that the other issues you refer to are resolved as positively. Your painting is looking excellent and uplifting - it will bring a smile to any viewer I'm sure. May 2015 have great things in store. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much for the sweet shout out, Jim! That was not necessary. It's my pleasure to send you cards and keep you kids in my prayers! I know you'd do the same if your feet were in my socks. Thank you, too, for sharing the progress on that extraordinary painting! I can see you have a lot of the minutia left to do, but the body of it is formed and gorgeous! Take your time now that you can relax and get back to it. You are going to be so proud of your accomplishment, as are we all! Merry Christmas to you and the winsome and fully-sighted Jilly Bean!! All the best to you in the new year!! Big hugs, Darnell (Honest, I haven't been in the figgy pudding! It's just that I finally finished all my cards and I'm a bit punch-drunk over it, wheeee!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I've never been called an Angel before (other things, but don't think Angel was one of them!) So thank you for that. Truly, I did nothing. Did lots of praying & thinking, but I'm equally sure that so did plenty of bloggers that follow J&J. I'm just so thankful - for both of you - that all things turned out in God's Blessings. For sure His Hand was upon the doctor & Miss Jill too. So thanks for the (unwarranted,but much appreciated!) alcolade. I pray that both of you will have a Merry Christmas to be remembered and will be able to enjoy it with those you love the very most. God Bless and Hugs to both of you. TFS - Oh yes, the painting looks finished to me, but when I enlarged it, I think I see where you need to add some other colors. Need I say it is turning out just Fab-U-lous? Well, if I do, then it IS!!! Your eyes must be so tired after a session of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was so good to see you had visited my blog. I'd been thinking about you and wondering how you and Jill were doing. I'm so glad Jill cataract surgery went so well. It must be a real blessing to be able to see clearly again! Your painting is really coming along. I can't wait to see the finished product! I wish both of you a very merry Christmas full of the love of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good hearing from you and seeing that you are coming along wonderfully with your painting. Also that you and Jill are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wishing you a mery Christmas. Love seeing the cards you received from friends. I also think Bibiana is an amazing gal :). Your card is beautifully created, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL art and a wonderful post. Thanks so much for the words you have shared here, and also for stopping by my blog to say hello. I pray that you have a wonderfully blessed Christmas as we celebrate the birth of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords - our Savior, Jesus Christ.
    Merry Christmas!
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    P.S. You're most welcome ANY TIME to stop by and share your lovely art in our weekly challenges at Word Art Wednesday www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - it's a great place for fun, fellowship and sharing art with a chance of winning some really great prizes!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful that Jill's surgery was a great success! Love seeing how far the picture has come. It is really gorgeous, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jim that's good news I'm very pleased for you, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely elegant cards. And the painting is looking fantastic. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Jim, what a blessing to read your blog post! I continue to praise God for how wonderfully He has restored Jill's eyesight! Truly of God! And your painting is absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to see it completely done! What a true work of "heart" and labor of love! Wishing you and Jill a blessed and joyous Christmas! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Jim and Jill, so happy that your blog brings so much encouragement, to and from you. May your New Year be blessed with new eagle adventures soaring new horizons discovering the good works that He has prepared for you before the foundation of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  27. happy new year 2015! may all your wishes come true, good health and lots of love with jill and family around.
    thanks for all your support and thoughtful comments through the 2014, I look forward to the new year with you...best wishes
    and warm hugs from the USA feliz ano!!! bonne annee!!!
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  28. May you have a wonderful New Year..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year Jim and your family! Blessing !

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a beautiful painting, I'm wishing you and your family a Happy New Year.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Jim, so nice to hear from you again!!! I have also been very busy with everyday life and have not spend a lot of time at my computer since beginning of Dec, so I have only seen this post from you, now. As always I have enjoyed my visit here and I am so glad to hear that Jill's surgery went well!!!! I hope that by this time things are looking even better!!! I hope that you had a blessed X-mas time and I would love to wish you a wonderful 2015!!!! May this be one of your best years ever and may the loving Lord bless you every day!!!
    Your painting is looking amazing!!!! This is such a fantastic project, Jim and I Love all the Detail!!!! Have fun and enjoy!!!! I really admire what you are doing with the paints!!!
    Have a super day and hugz to you and Jill!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.