Pages

Followers

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Easter almost is Here

Did you know that Jesus loves you? This is the time of year that for most Christians is a special time. It is a time of reflection and renewal. Why renewal? Because the cross has brought new hope to us. Did you know that Jesus loves you? Christmas is important to be sure but THE most important holiday is Easter. Without Easter there would be no hope for us sinners. Our lives would end with the death of our flesh. Did you know Jesus loves you? Jesus was willing to make the sacrifice and endure the suffering because His Father in Heaven wanted Him to suffer for our redemption. He took it all on himself to redeem us from our sins. He had the heart of His Father in heaven. Did you know Jesus loves you? Look back over what was just said. Is there a past tense in Did you know Jesus loves you? There is not. Did you know Jesus LOVES you? That is a VERY positive and NOW statement. I know it is hard to wrap the mind around it but just because He died 2000 years ago does not negate it. I don't know about you but when I call on His name and the Holy Spirit I know I will be answered. It may not be what I want but it will be answered. If it were any other way we would not see miracles happen or prayer answered. Chance? Luck? Maybe for the unbeliever but not for me. I do not believe in such things as chance or luck. I for one believe that He died for me and I DO believe Jesus loves me. Many things happen in life that can rattle that belief but it does not change the fact that Jesus DOES LOVE YOU. Yes, that unlovable, cantankerous, stubborn, rebellious sinner is loved. Who do you think he died for? It wasn't for the pious or the perfect. It was for you and I. Do YOU know Jesus really does love you no matter what? Well, He does.

 23 With me in them and you in me, may they be so perfected in unity that the world will recognise that it was you who sent me and that you have loved them as you have loved me. 24 Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, so that they may always see my glory which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 Father, Upright One, the world has not known you, but I have known you, and these have known that you have sent me. 26 I have made your name known to them and will continue to make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them, and so that I may be in them.

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Jn 17:23–26). New York: Doubleday.


Now comes that time give a shout out to those I am following and to thank those those who have jointed me to celebrate the journey in life and crafts. 

Cecy Medina Is very talented Latin senorita. She is a card and mixed artist. I thoroughly enjoy visiting her to see what she has made. You never really know what she will come up with so be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. While you are there Don't forget to leave behind a little love. 

Centellazul is another Latin senorita. She is from Mexico and quite talented. Her cards are a delight. They are always well done and her artistic eye is excellent. Stop by and give a look. You might find yourself pausing for a better look at her creations. Please visit her comment section and leave some love.

Kimberly is a gem of a card creator. You never really know what to expect when you visit. Her range of creativity is excellent. There are times when she hints at her humor with her cards. Stop by and try to catch the different ways this artist expresses herself. You just might be surprised. I know you will like what you see. Leave behind a bit of love while you are at it.

Today I am going to show you a bit of that Kimberly artistic talent. I commented on a card she did that I was very impressed with. She then sent it to me. I can honestly say it is even more impressive in person. It is simple but very elegantly done. Here is the card.




 The subject matter is very dear to me and it is one of my treasures.

   
(The top pearl sustained some discoloring in our wonderful U.S. Mail.) The detail is absolutely perfect on this card. My photos do not do your card justice. Impressive and it is an honor to get this card. Thank you Kimberly.

Since this is the last Post before Easter, I want to share My favorite poem I have written. (It is copyrighted and in the Library of Congress so please do not copy and claim it as your own.)



CRUCIFIED
             
                                              "Old man! From whence do you come?"
                                              "I come from 70 times 7000 yesterdays
                                               of happiness and sorrow."

                                              "Old man! Where are you going?"
                                              "I go to the memories of tomorrow’s forever
                                               where death has died and life is born."
                                              "Old man! How are you called?"

                                              "I am peace in turmoil, hope in the
                                              hopeless and love in the lost."

                                              "Old man! What do you want?"

                                              "I want to go blind and see, deaf and
                                              hear, mute and speak, die and be born,
                                              cry to laugh, but most of all to find
                                              the love lost in days past."

                                              "Old man! Have you found what you search
                                              for?"

                                              "I have found a beam and a cross beam,
                                              three nails, a hammer, a crown of thorns
                                              and a lance that await me. When I meet
                                              them my love will be there."

                                              "Old man! When will this happen?"

                                              "In the measure of a breath already
                                              forgotten as a memory that has not yet
                                              happened."

                                              And then the old man was gone.


Remember to LOVE THE DETAILS. See you after Easter. Have a wonderful Holiday and God Bless you all.




               

35 comments:

  1. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! I am without words and you know that is very rare. Grin.

    Love, hugs and blessings
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and beautiful card, I like the cross
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your lovely card and have a happy and blessed Easter! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this meaningful poem with us. I so enjoyed reading it. You have such a talent and what an honor it is in the Library of Congress.
    Kimberly's card is just beautiful and perfect for Easter.
    I want to wish you and Jill a glorious Easter as you observe the resurrection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yes, I know Jesus loves me!! I've always know that Jesus loves me. He has always been by my side from the time I was a small toddler up to know and I know He will continue to be by my side. I call out to Him in times of need, I thank Him for the many blessings He gives me. Does he give me everything I ask for? No. Why some may ask, simple...it is His will, not mine. He always has a plan, I may not understand it, but I know he will always take care of me. So I backslide? Oh yes! Not because I want to or not because I don't have faith in Him, but because I am human. I make mistakes. Does Jesus still love? Yes he does! My faith may wobble sometimes, but one thing I will always know. Jesus loves me no matter what, He is always by my side and when those burdens get to heavy, He helps me carry it. Oh yes, my Jesus loves me and everyone else! I love that beautiful card that was sent to you by Kimberly, so stunning and white on white cards are some of my favorite. I love that beautiful cross and the pearls on it. Great poem you have written Jim! This would be beautiful framed and hung up. You are such a good writer and how awesome that this is copyrighted and in the Library of Commerce! I love it! Have a Happy and Blessed Easter Jim and Jill!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am overjoyed it is loved and cared for! Your poem is wonderful, your insights something to behold , from our home to yours, my family to you both, may you and Jill have the very best Easter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful write up- I love seeing the Old Testament thru the New, and am always amazed at how God could not bear to let Abraham sacrifice Issac, but then goes thru with the sacrifice of his own Son...for us!!! I love Easter too! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post! I really like that card that Kimberly sent to us...and your words and the card go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post,, and Yes, I KNOW that Jesus loves me. :).. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the lovely message about our Saviour's love! And I think we should also remember that "Because the tomb is empty, our hearts are full." I love the clean simplicity of this lovely card. With best wishes from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card you shared is very beautiful, Kimberley is very talented and generous! Wonderful poem! Wishing you and yours a blessed and peaceful Easter.
    Chris
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a moving post a wonderful poem and a fabulous gift the card is stunning .Happy Easter Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful poem Jim, and a beautiful card - and I treasure the one you sent me last year!
    God bless
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the wonderful Easter inspirational. When I have time I am visiting the artists you honored here . "Canadian Spring Break set me back with company needing to escape the winter.....Have a Blessed weekend................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your post dear jim; We in latin america we celebrate from palm sunday...all week long is a holiday and very sacred week! we say in spanish "Feliz semana santa"= "happy holly week", because it is ALL week, from palm sunday, holy thursday with the ceremony of washing the feet, we visit 7 churches that day, then good friday. very solemn day and sad, on saturday special meals and then big celebration on sunday and even on monday next day. NO hunting eggs! this is only american anglosaxon!
    I know ceci and centella they play at my TBT challenge!
    hugs jim
    bye bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly a stunning card--how wonderful to have it in person as we approach Easter. Wishing you & Jill a blessed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning card!! Its so peaceful and serene and has such gorgeous detail. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi jim wow this Easter card is seriously stunning and the cross looks beautiful!
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jim, oh I am so happy you found my new blog again, for a while there I thought you just did not want to keep in contact. I just love this card and so lovely to receive it...you are truly lucky.... I have a lot of belief and power in prayer and look forward to going to Church on Easter Sunday...mainly for my dad who is now 102 and an amazing religious man...sadly he is unable to join me....so I go for him and see him later in the nursing home....take care my friend.xxxx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful poem and very heartful writing. Yes this is my favourite time of year. So much to be grateful for.
    The Lord bless you.
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, and a very inspiration post. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my Jim this is breathtaking! Such a beautiful post too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning card and such poignant words. This is one of my very favorite times of year and so much to reflect on in times of trouble, that trouble really ins't trouble at all if you have that faith! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Jim, I am finally getting around to reading your blog post!! It's so beautifully written and such a wonderful message of Christ's finished work on the cross...for me! And, yes, God loves ME! What a blessing and gift! Wishing you and Jill a blessed holy week as we approach Good Friday and then celebrate Resurrection Sunday...what a joy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The card is beautiful, intricate and simple all at once. Wishing you and Jill and blessed Easter.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  26. The card is just lovely, and sure to be treasured. Great poem too, and here's wishing you a joyful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very elegant card. Just right for the occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved your poem Jim, very soothing after a hard day....thank you. What a delight to have received such a beautiful card, I think it's gorgeous too. Wishing you a very Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  29. WISHING YOU AND JILL A VERY BLESSED EASTER.....................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  30. Again here to wish you a wonderful Easter Time!!!
    sending warm wishes from California
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jim... I'm sorry I don't get around to blogging as often as I like... I always am so inspired by your posts!!! Your words reflect your heart which reflects the love of our Lord Jesus! Thanks for always sharing your heart and for sharing this lovely card which is also a lovely gift!!!

    Happy and blessed Easter to you and Jill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Have a Blessed Resurrection Day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Jim
    Sending warm thoughts to you and your family for Easter.
    Your friend has sent you a beautiful card and your poem is very poignant.
    Enjoy your day.
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Jim
    Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter with the knowledge that He loves us no matter what.
    Just adore Kimberley's card. It is so elegant with the sparkle and pearl accents.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous Easter card! I love the sparkle! I hope you had a lovely Easter! Ours was really nice. It's very rare to have my husband home on Easter so it was a special treat to go to church together and be all together on Easter!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.