Pages

Followers

Friday, May 22, 2015

Sacrifice



With Memorial Day here in the States just a few days away it seems only fitting to transition my talk today in this direction. After all it is in the same vein as the last several posts and appropriate in every way. Memorial Day is a day of remembering of all of those who gave their lives in service to those of us that remain behind. It is also for the living who have sacrificed so much to insure the continuation of the freedom we take so much for granted. That includes the military, police and fire personnel who are daily putting their lives on the line for all of us. At times even the ordinary citizen steps forward to do the unexpected and puts others before themselves for the greater good of all. Flight 93 is a prime example of that unprecedented valor when they realized what was happening and chose death rather than allowing that flight to reach its target. There are many heroes out there that are never recognized as such because they are still alive. They are without question heroes since they chose to take the path that put them in a position of being or potentially being in harms way for the health and benefit of others with no thought to their own safety. Just because they were not tested does not make them any less the hero. No matter how they are serving or if they are private citizens I salute you. You are the unsung heroes to all of us.

"Put yourselves to the test to make sure you are in the faith. Examine yourselves. Do you not recognize yourselves as people in whom Jesus Christ is present?—unless, that is, you fail the test. But we, as I hope you will come to recognize, do not fail the test."

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (2 Co 13:5–6). New York: Doubleday. 


Remember that all of the disciples and apostles were true to the calling and the ethic that all the teachings and examples of Christ are that we should forsake ourselves and be aware of the need of others. Just about all of them died in one way or other and all for the sake of others.

 
It is time once again to say thank you to those that follow me and that I am  following even if they are not following me. If it were not for all of you I would not be doing this blog. Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us.


Tammy is a military wife with a young boy that loves baseball. She has her hands full with this bundle of energy. She makes some awesome cards for us to enjoy and her talents are easy to see in her craftiness. Be sure to stop by and leave her a comment which I guarantee she will appreciate.

Janeen is a prolific card maker. It always surprises me that someone can do that many cards and not repeat or run out of ideas. Visit her and leave a bit of love by commenting on some of her crafty creations.


Janis is a cat lover. If you like thinking out of the box or are a cat lover you will love this crafter. I like her crafty style and humor too. she always includes a cute cat image and saying in her blog. If you visit, leave behind a b it of love with a comment.


I have a duo of cards for you that were done with the peacock image from last post. I know, I know there was only one peacock. I did a second one and turned both of them into cards. They are both done in step cards, one side and one center. First the center step card.



Both of the step cards a my design since they needed to be adjusted for the image and how I wanted to use them. My thanks once again to Em Fairley of Creative Em for this image. Love Detailed images. The papers are from Once Upon A Time Stack Mat and Old World Stack Mat. The peacock was colored with Copics: RV02, RV11, RV17, Y08, YG07, YG23, YG41, G03, G16, B02, B06, B29, E34, E59, E70, T0, W2.  The sticker embellishment on either side of the image is from Stamp on it stickers.

The Next card gave me fits since it is a side step card. Again the design is mine and that is for me to drive myself crazy trying to get the effect I wanted. It was only partially successful. The side image was actually an image from Digital Tuesday that had to be duplicated and colored with Copics twice as closely as possible so they matched.They were then cut to look like one image when the card is lying flat and unopened. (Should have taken a photo of it in that position but didn't.) That mostly worked but not completely.

 

Not sure where the tag is from. The side sticker trim is from Peel Offs And the sentiment is from Momenta.

Peacock Copics are RV02, RV09, R27, R35, R39, B0000, B02, B04, BG07, G16, G17, G46, YR23, YG99, E93, W0.

Side step image is: RV02, RV09, R27, G46, YG17, B32, E07, E49, E57, C1 and C2.

Here is an elevated photo so yo can see the rear image actually goes into the valley.

 
My photography is not the best with this card but hopefully you get the idea. It does look much better in person.



Thank you one and all for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will join me on my next post. Remember to always LOVE THE DETAILS.

20 comments:

  1. Oh yes, our Lord surely is the greatest hero!!
    Love your cards Jim, and the way you have made the side step design 'yours' :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! You've done it again... I'm lost for words, not only because of what you've done with the images, but also the written content. *Whispers* you're such an incredible blessing in my life and all whose lives you touch.

    So much love, huge hugs and many blessings,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words on my blog and the shout-out here, Jim. That was an unexpected and wonderful surprise.
    Wow....your peacock cards are awesome! Very special designs to go with the exquisitely colored images. They turned out marvelously.

    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, you're amazing to me...your work, your words, your tenderness...the way you see the world....you are a true talent and blessing!!!! Keep on inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic peacock cards. It is so important to remember those who gave everything to keep our freedom. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely post Jim our forces certainly do a very hard job and they are all amazing in my eyes. Your cards are stunning that really is a fabulous stamp the colours and your designs are perfect, you have clearly put a lot of thought into deciding on those designs. Enjoy the weekend Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two stunning cards Jim... the peacock image is so beautiful and your colouring is amazing, must have taken you ages. Both designs are lovely, would be difficult to choose a favourite!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOTH of these are absolutely STUNNING! Great side step cards and your coloring on the peacock is just sensational. SO beautiful! Love both of these!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work with the images and such lovely words huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images and beautiful words today :)
    Gorgeous colouring-and beautiful cards,
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your posts today Jim! I have always been amazed by the people from 9-11. The professionals amazed me and the citizens amazed me at their selfless acts of courage and bravery. That was a dreaded day for all Americans but we also found out what Americans were made of! I was so proud of our country and the people she holds. I was so proud of our first responders and later I would be proud of our military soldiers, especially my own soldier. It was a hard thing for a mom to hear from her son saying he was leaving but couldn't say where he was going and that I wouldn't hear from him for a long while. I knew where he was going and my heart dropped like a rock. My husband and I watched the tv day and night for word that the war had started, with dreaded feelings. My son was 19 then. It so bittersweet, I was so proud of him, but so scared for him. But then my MIL said to me that he could get killed here at home just as easy and she was right. So I put some son on many prayers lists and I turned it over to God. Did I still worry, you bet I did. But my son was good at keeping in touch after that first deployment. He kept in touch then too, but camps and phones weren't set up like they were after that. There were scary times but he would always call and I would always feel better after talking to him. Yes, he was injured, but not like some soldier where injured. I can tell you that prayers and the good Lord kept him safe and brought him home each deployment safe and sound! Our military past and present sacrifice so much for our freedoms, it just awes me that their families pick up the slack of not having their other half there a lot of the times. Even when my son is home, he isn't home. There are always training for a month, schooling, etc...that takes them away from their families. I'm just ready for my soldier to retire and be home with his children and wife. But thank God we have men and women like him, because this isn't a job that just anyone can do! I know I would never have the guts, stamina or courage to go in places that our military has been. I could never see what they saw and be ok. I don't feel our military gets enough help for all they do for our country. But I know we have an amazing military and I am so proud of them all, past and present. Yes, we all need to be ready for when we meet our maker, and I have faith that I am ready anytime that the good Lord is ready for me. Sorry Jim, I didn't mean for a simple comment to turn into a book!! Shame on me, but I am passionate about our military soldiers. lol Have a wonderful Memorial Day reflecting on this country and her amazing people! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think its very easy to forget about all those that made our present day possible. I don't think we do it on purpose but are all so busy with our lives that it disappears into the background. That's why these days are so important and I hope they always happen, all over the world. We recently had our ANZAC Day (Australia New Zealand Army Corp) and remembered those from the 1st World War 100 yrs ago. I've never really thought much about it before but having the medals of two great uncles who died in Gallipoli and having my children involved in remembering them, made it a very emotional day. Lest we forget. And before I forget, your peacock cards are absolutely stunning!!! Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are really beautiful, Jim, and so are your words!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Both of these cards are just awesome. Beautiful image and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are lovely! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Jim! Love the vibrant peacocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning centre step designs, both so colourful. Also thank you for reminding us to bless those unsung heroes amongst us.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW beautiful peacock Your messages are always inspiring and I like how you respect your followers with a note on their profile Thank you for being you .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing card!! Thanks for the inspiring message!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.