Pages

Followers

Monday, May 11, 2015

The Action

Making the decisions in life means now we must take action.

It is easy enough to sit back and get the training needed to do the things close to our hearts. It is also very easy to sit back and do nothing but train and not use what was learned. There are those that literally school their whole life away and never practice what was learned. What use is a life that is spent gathering knowledge that never is shared or passed on? What use is a life that does not allow life itself to become a part of the other lives around it? That is what we might call being a hermit. They often do not get past the personal stage of a journey in Christ. Last post was the next step, becoming a Disciple. Now we are going to become Apostles. Within that there are the teachers, leaders, organizers, prophets, prayer warriors, healers and so on. You have learned much from all of your studies and have begun to put all of it together. What now? Now it is time to become the messenger and in many cases the witness. That can take a whole host of forms. They all mean getting the word/message out in whatever way is suited to you. Most important of all is your daily life and walk. How you live, what you say and what you do will be a beacon to what you think. I have said it before and believe it completely. Your life will reveal your heart and your walk with Jesus, Holy Spirit and God. What does your life, public and private, say about your walk with Christ? If the bible and scriptures are your guide you are based in good practice. Being a good witness and messenger means when someone observes you, you are the image of Christ. Christ was perfect and we are not but every effort should be made to avoid the mistakes and pitfalls that are placed on the path during our journey. There are always decisions but they are worthless without positive action. Living as we should is the beginning. We are the example of what we share and tell others about. Anything that is opposed to that will turn others away. "Now all these things happened to them by way of example, and they were described in writing to be a lesson for us, to whom it has fallen to live in the last days of the ages. Everyone, no matter how firmly he thinks he is standing, must be careful he does not fall. None of the trials which have come upon you is more than a human being can stand. You can trust that God will not let you be put to the test beyond your strength, but with any trial will also provide a way out by enabling you to put up with it."
The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (1 Co 10:11–13). New York: Doubleday.    


It is time to say thank you once again to those that Are following me and to those that I follow. Not all follow me but I do follow all who are mentioned here. Thank you for sharing. Don't forget to leave behind some love in the form of a comment or maybe even become a follower.

Linda has a very unusual and entertaining site. She is from Montreal, Canada. If you like humor, neat vids and pictures that will give you a pleasant break from the work-a-day happenings, drop by her blog and you will be pleasantly surprised. Sorry! She is not a card maker and does not post awards or any of that sort of thing. I like her blog anyway.

Kristi is a very talented card crafter. I just came from her blog and She has posted several cards for mother's day and all are exceptional. She is a sweetheart and appreciates each and every visitor to her site. Love all of her crafty cards. Stop by, say hi and leave some love.

Jill is a Seahawk fan and lives in Oregon. I have been following her and her card making for some time now and enjoy her card creations tremendously. She is a down to earth sweetheart in every way. It is always a pleasure and a treat every time I visit her blog. Drop by and see for yourself. 

Angela is one card maker you must visit. Her cards are clean and always a pleasure to behold. I have never visited her site and come away not liking what was created. I highly recommend stopping by and checking it out. You might even want to join her following. Do leave a comment.

This post will be a sharing of two cards and an image I got in the package Jill got for mother's Day. Yeah, yeah! It was Mother's Day not doofus Day. These were included for me. I guess they wanted to avoid the kicking and having a fit because I didn't get anything. It worked didn't it? LOL

The first image is of a card sent by Em of Creative EM. Em is a pastor and also a Stampin' Up! representative in England. The card she sent for me is a very good example of her talent and creative eye. I just love the pastels in this card. I think you will agree.



The image she gave me is of a peacock. I colored it with copics and made it as close as possible to the real thing. It is a Stampin' Up! image. Loved doing this image. It will be made into a card. 



The last images are an envelope and card created by our good friend in France, Jacqueline of My Grid Projects and Jacqueline's Craft Nest.  This is extraordinary work as all of her cards are.

 The card
  

The Envelope
 
Both of these ladies are extraordinary in their talents and  generosity. Thank you both for your gifts and willingness to share.

That is it for this post. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and thank you for stopping by. I will be spending the next day or two trying to catch up with as many of you as possible. Remember to always LOVE THE DETAILS. May the Good Lord Bless and Keep you all Safe and Healthy until the next post.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful post again today! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another challenging post Jim, with loads of food for thought, and application :-). The cards are beautiful too. Looking forward to seeing how you use the peacock image on a card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations Jim and love the work displayed...xxx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jim :)
    Thought provoking post today.I do indeed believe that we lead our lives according to our beliefs,and the values that were instilled into us as children within the Christian faith.
    I try to lead a good life,to help and support others whenever i can and i sincerely hope that i have passed those values onto my child-i think you are so right that your life will reveal your heart :)
    Cards are beautiful-love the peacock,gorgeous colouring!
    Have a happy day Jim,
    hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring of the magnificent peacock Jim. They are such regal looking birds and you have captured it brilliantly. Enjoyed your post as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and positive thoughts, many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cards you have been given are beautiful Jim and your colouring of the peacock image is brilliant, it will make a stunning focal point for a card!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards and wonderful coloring of the peacock. I especially love the music-themed envelope too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Jim. Your coloring on that peacock is outstanding and simply sensational! WOW! So beautiful AND so real looking.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know my thoughts on the written part of your post. I totally agree. It's not often, as you know, that I'm lost for words, but twice now in a matter of days you've had that effect on me. You've colored the peacock absolutely beautifully! Thank YOU! You're such a huge blessing in my life.

    Love, hugs and blessings
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three beautiful card and I love the envelope ......I totallyy agree , why learn if you are not going to PIF......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  12. you were spoiled...but you deserved it...happy for you. these cards look so pretty, the peacock is wonderful
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful coloring of the peacock image. Thanks for visiting my blog . Love the cards that you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always Jim, I'm behind in my commenting. And as always you have posted a thought provocative post!! I truly believe that we should live life by the Lord's example. I think the way we lead our life reflects our love for the Lord. I always try to love everyone even the ones who have wronged me. I can always forgive, not so sure I can always forget, but it is the forgiving that needs to be done. The Lord always forgives and we should too. That card is just beautiful that was sent and I love, love how you colored that beautiful peacock image. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed the inspiration of this post. Was going "uh-oh" on the bit about the training & not doing anything with it. I fear I am guilty of that with my card classes & videos, I look, intend, then don't do - and forget what I learned. So good that you reminded me of this. We also know some of the perennial scholars. We need to remember that even though we don't realize we may be observed by someone, our actions speak much louder than our words. So very thoughtful & insightful. I'm glad you didn't have to pitch any hissy fits over Jill's Mom's Day goodies too. So loved the beautiful cards you shared. That peacock is gorgeous too (just got that from SU - good example of buying, not using!) I can imagine the time & thought it took to select all those fantastic colors. Will try to get back & visit some of your recommendations. Right now, off to visit your earlier post and make sure I don't miss any good words! Blessings and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, what beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous post I always enjoy reading them. What fabulous gifts these are amazing cards such talented ladies just love the peacock your colouring is just perfect look forward to the card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there Jim - I do love how you have coloured in that gorgeous peacock - they are the most amazing birds, those colours ... wow!!! I also think it so nice of you to post the other two cards from friends, you're so right about them being talented!! However it takes one to know one Jim! I had to smile about your comment on my post about your squirrels, 100 you say - blimey I thought I was hard done by and we only have two ... and I've named them both! Oh well, when I see them again I'll tell them about you and that they should mind their p's and q's or I will send them elsewhere!

    Big hugs to you

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful post as always Jim :-) That peacock is beautiful!!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What amazing artists these women are!! I love Em's beautiful blue blossoms, so dainty. And the detail in Jacquelines card is quite extraordinary!! Love your colouring of the peacock, so vibrant and precise....gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Jim, and once again thanks for sharing your thoughts and words of encouragement! So right about how important it is for us to live for His glory and to shine His light! Thanks for sharing the blogs...off to visit some now! Hugs to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a wonderful and inspiring, beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another wonderful and thought provoking post my dear friend! And how kind of you to link to my blog and so many others over the past months. I love your coloring of the peacock! So pretty! Love all the cards you shared - so inspiring! Blessings and Hugs! Jill2

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.