Pages

Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Becoming


Life is a test of our ability to adjust to the good that we must see and perform so that we might become what we never thought we could be. - A thought from my book

Getting a post together has been difficult of late. I have started walking again and that is usually in the morning when it is cooler. That is when a large portion of the writing took place for the posts. My evenings are my scripture study and prayer times. My days are a combination of taking care of whatever needs to be done and, because Jill wants to walk, more walking. Other things have also taken up the time that would normally have been used for the post prep time. This has posed a problem. The business of life is a forever and automatic must. The walking has been a commitment for several years. Health and weight loss are the prime purpose, 209 lbs to the now 178 lbs. ( In the 2 years the walking had stopped the weight was up to 190 lbs again). The blog and the messages for them is the most recent commitment but this is also one of the more important ones. This was not the one chosen by me but by the Lord. It helps to put into words the encouragement and thoughts to make us think and ponder the things we are to see and become in this life in preparation for the life we are eventually going home to. Why bother if it is so much hassle? Because it is being obedient and it is a reminder for me as well as those who actually read the message. I have noticed many who have burned out doing posts and quit altogether. Others are taking "breaks" from blogging for many reasons. For me, preparation for writing these posts is not easy. Prayer, meditation and study are the rule, not the exception. They must reflect the life we are to lead and the process of becoming who the Lord would have us be. It is ever ongoing. It only ends when we are called home to be with our Lord.

 I am going to try to visit everyone on my list of favorites in the next few days to comment and see what you have been up to, or not, for the past few weeks and months. None of you are forgotten or far from my thoughts. 

It is time once again to say thank you to those of you that have become a part of so many lives through your creative efforts. These shout outs are my way of saying thank you for bringing the joy of your art to us all. If you visit these artists, be sure to leave some love behind in the form of a comment.

 Anja is from Germany. Her artwork is extraordinary. I am often amazed at the beauty and detail of her work. It is not always traditional but always beautifully eye opening. If you want a real treat stop by her blog and be prepared to be jealous.

 Annie is a mixed media artist with great talent. She is always innovating her media and mixing her images into amazing cards and art work. I never know what to expect when visiting Annie. It is nice to know there is a surprise waiting.
 
Aneta is from Iceland. She loves working in pastels and often creates shabby and vintage, two of my favorite styles. her cards are usually very feminine and extraordinary. If you like these styles you will love visiting her blog.
 
I came upstairs the other day and found a little bit of humor sitting on my keyboard from Jill. I thought I would share it with all of you.




It is from cafepress. Someone sent it to her and she shared it with me. Great sticker fun. I hope she isn't trying to tell me something. LOL.

Before we call it a day I would like to share a card I got from Em from Creative Em for father's day.





Thank you Em. It was kind and thoughtful of you to send such a beautiful card. 


That will do it for this time around. I do not want to be MIA as much as I have been. As I said, I will be trying to go down my list and visit everyone on it. I will also try to do a post once every other week or as close as possible to that. You are all so much appreciated. Thank you again and remember to Love The Details.

24 comments:

  1. Really thoughtful and heart warming post. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful post, nice to see you about again. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again a wonderful, thought provoking post. You truly are incredible. You've touched my life in a way that is indescribable and are such a gift. I love you.

    Gentle hugs and blessings,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delight to be able to read your lovely words of wisdom, love and faith once again....they bring a peaceful feeling to my heart. Thank you also for your wonderful kind words re my work. I have only just started mixed media and find it helps me express my feelings and inner spirit in art I did not know I had...especially after I spend every afternoon with my dear dad who is almost 103, I come home and put my heart into my art. Thank you for your spiritual words of understanding life. Walking is my love too but since caring for my dad I have not had the chance to do so and yes the weight piles on....after reading your wonderful inspiring words, it is time to get my life in order...walk is good for the soul.....
    You are indeed a special person...
    love aNNie [Australia]
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been so busy lately Jim and it was lovely to just sit for a few minutes and read your post. Sending hugs from the North west of England. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring post today.. And Beautiful card Em sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha "I am very amused" about that amazing *Life is easy photo* thanks for the smile on my face :-) Also the card is gorgeous love that style. Thanks also for mention my blog with your lovely words I feel very honored.

    By the way dear Jim, my name is Anja not Anjas, the german way to wrote the genitive case. Anjas Artefaktotum would be In english separated by a semicolon Anja's Artefaktotum, but not in german, you kow. I hope it is understandable expained?
    I wish you a and your loves a blessed evening. xox Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it isn't easy to fit in everything we want/need/ought to do Jim, the time goes past so quickly and we're all so busy! It can be difficult to get priorities right but you're definitely right to keep up the walking...health is so important, without it it's more difficult to do anything. Those of us who enjoy good health and mobility (I'm talking about myself here!) tend to take it for granted while those who have it know how important it is.
    Thank you for finding the time to share your inspirational thoughts...love the sticker!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Jim, it's always a joy to see "Love the Details" pop up in my inbox! Yes, I say...there are some wonderful and thoughtful words there for me...us! Thank you. And I so agree with your about this life and time...priorities and discipline...and obedience to our Father. I so appreciate your sharing your heart and thoughts with us. I love transparency in my relationships, and I have it with you and Jill. What a beautiful card from Em (before I forget)! Ah, I think as we age, we learn (or discover) how much we truly need the time with the Lord...the quiet times when we are sitting and reading His Word or as we walk. They are becoming more and more precious to me, as we talked about just enjoying His presence this week during our small group. It's the greatest gift of His Holy Spirit...along with His Word. But one day, we shall go home to our true home with Him, and oh what joy it will be! In the meantime, however, we are to glorify Him and enjoy Him while we are here. So glad to hear you and Jill are walking more and shedding the pounds you want. Thank you for sharing the links to these bloggers. I shall visit them. Hugs to you and Jill...love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post Jim I enjoyed reading it,that is a beautiful card you where sent, and I had to laugh at the Life is easy sign as it is so true
    Best Wishes
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good to know that others are as busy and that priorities have to take hold . Happy that you find time to pop in when you can
    Jills' humorous piece rings true ..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cherish times that I have alone as I can focus on talking to the Lord. Whether it is walking, washing dishes, or just sitting quietly ready the word, it is my favorite time. We have to take this time do focus on the good Lord, it helps us to focus on what is truly important and that is the Lord. I truly think if we take time for the Lord, everything else falls into place. I love that you always pray, mediate and study before writing a post. It is your deep thinking and prayers that make your posts so thought provoking and causes me to look at things (me) in a different light. You will probably never know how many lives you touch with your posts Jim, but I am sure it is a lot. I know you always touch me with them. Thank you for that! The Lord has given you this ability to reach out and teach us all and I'm am in awe of you! So you post when you can, but you keep the focus on the things that are right for you too because that is what makes you who you are. The card you were sent is just lovely!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another wonderful post my friend. And the walking is so important! I am proud of you. I am working on doing the same and making it a priority each and every day. It is hard. Life continues to challenge all of us. God gives us grace for the journey. You are part of that grace for me! You and Jill are such beautiful spirits! Blessings and hugs!!! Jill2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jim,A thought provoking post as always :) Life is busy,we all have times where we have to make sacrifices to fit everything in.
    When I returned to Blogging after my illlness and surgery I was determined to only post when I was able,without a schedule to follow-and to devote more time to the things that I enjoy in my life,without ever feeling guilty that I should have been doing other things instead.
    I still comment of course,but don't get around to comment on Blogs as often as I used to,I now spend that time creating instead-which makes me happy,and gives me a feeling of achievement when I have a finished project :)

    You should post when you are able,without any worry or pressure,I certainly would not have come back to Blogging if I hadn't have changed my mind set,I am glad I am glad that I am doing things differently the second time around-life is for living :)
    Hope you have a good week,love to Jill too,Nessa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So enjoyed hearing from you. (Like you, I don't always get around to visit my favorite people. Just trying to keep up & sometimes I get real lazy). Enjoyed reading the post, and you & DH sound similar with your early walking. I don't "DO" early, and now that it's hot, I have been really bad. Congratulations on dropping the weight, you are to be very proud of your efforts...cuz it ain't easy to lose weight! DW & I sound like we have similar personalities too! Loved the beautiful Father's Day card you shared. The simplicity of those wonderfully shaped feathers were brilliant using the sparkle of the gold paper. Loved the design a lot. I got a peek at an earlier post, so I'm scrolling down to see what those pictures were. Best to both of you, and congrats on the 53 yrs. It doesn't ever get 'easy' though, does it? Takes a lot of compromising & looking back, it's been worth it. At times, we weren't always sure it was, but NOW we know it was!! Life was different in 'our day' though, you made promises before God...so best you work hard to try to keep 'em. Blessings & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to hear from you and I always love reading your terrific posts always leave with lots to thinks about' That card you were given is so pretty a beautiful design a very talented lady. Jill's clip was such fun and made me smile. Hope you are both well take Care love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  17. take care of you, blogging can be tiring sometimes...lovely card received
    warm hello from California
    Bibiana!
    Current #TBT Challenge at my blog: "Any shaped card"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful post Jim. So glad you have been walking with Jill - such a great thing to do together. I need to do something like that and fast! Your comments are all spot on - especially the quote from your book. Love the little thing that Jill left you - I have the man in sketched form - it always colors up so well! Many hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm delighted to have received one of your visits, Jim! Your motivation is so encouraging and your kindness is a beacon of light. That's a wonderful life accomplishment and reflection of your love of God. I hope you and Jill enjoy many more years of walking together and finding balance in all of life's blessings! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jim, sorry I have been slow to reply, but I have been out of town - it is at times a battle to balance our craft time with our other pursuits, responsibilities and hobbies, but I am glad to see you here again, and imparting your thoughts as well as sharing your crafts. Thank you for your recent visit and comment.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jim I've loved reading your post it's very inspiring and I have been finding it difficult to find the time to blog too. I'm glad your enjoying your walking too.
    What a very pretty card! I hope you have a lovely week and take some time for yourself as that's important too :)
    Hugs
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jim, So glad you included me in your blog browsing. I've been thinking of you lately. We have to get on a consistent exercise program--you & Jill are encouraging me! Such a lovely card you received! Take care, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such a unique way with words and one can always tell that your posts come from the heart, are so well thought through and the result of prayer and meditation!!! It is always such a blessing to come here!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the heartfelt words LOVE LOVE LOVE the coloring ..Sorry I am slow getting to you I broke my leg four years ago and a plate was put in Infection set in this year they felt I could loose the leg . I had emergency surgery on Monday I am not springing back like I did four or even two years ago but I am here right now and I still have a leg PRAISE THE LORD,,,,,,,,,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.