Pages

Followers

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fear

Aaron Paquette painting: Ready For Ceremony aaronpaquette.net
Blog: http://www.aaronpaquette.net/?page_id=440
After researching and finding the image to be a painting for sale it has been removed to keep from copyright and intellectual rights infringements. I have included the page where the painting, Compassion Warrior, can be found so you can appreciate the artist and his work.

Quote from the above mentioned painting:

"I won't fight You,
But I will get educated
Honour the old ways
And walk the good path

I won't fight you, but I WILL
overcome your fear with deep
compassion.

I AM A WARRIOR

The native Americans are very spiritual. The words on the painting mentioned above are appropriate for many reasons. It is usually caused by the unknown but sometimes by the known. Being a Christian does not alleviate fear but at the very least should temper our resolve to stand up to it. We are believers of the the unseen and the mysteries of our God.  Jesus said to him: "You believe because you can see me. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." (The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Jn 20:29). New York: Doubleday.) These words have imprinted themselves on my very being. Many of those around us have questioned and even turned their face away from the God that created us for no more than the inability to touch some material object or the inability to physically hear a voice talking to them. I for one would find it frightening to hear a voice booming from apparently nowhere. What makes our God so amazing and real is His ability to talk to us through His spirit to our spirit. It is often mistaken for our own thoughts or conscience when it is the soft voice of the spirit guiding our way along the path we travel in life. Why a warrior? The fact that voice is heard and recognized at all creates the willingness to respond to it and face the unknown. To do that without compassion would be impossible for most, including me. Deep compassion will overcome any fear even unto death. A warrior does not hesitate to give all. This blog exists because of that small voice. Talking about God openly is scary when you are basically shy and retiring. It has also lead to a prayer ministry. Commitment? Very definitely. Worth it? Only God can ultimately answer that but personally YES. Are you a warrior? If you believe in Jesus and God then you are a warrior in some capacity.  If you are insulted for bearing Christ’s name, blessed are you, for on you rests the Spirit of God,   the Spirit of glory. (The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (1 Pe 4:14). New York: Doubleday.) There is nothing special about me other than a willingness to step out and declare the word and to pray for every soul no matter their belief. I am a WARRIOR. 

It is time now for getting out the spotlight and shining some light on some very special people. All of YOU. You may not be following me but that does not mean I am not following you to some extent. I do apologize for not commenting much of late. Several things have taken up most of my time preparing for scheduled things coming up. There is still much to do but they are coming to the point where I can visit more often. I will visit anyone who comments no matter what the schedule here might be and comment on your blog.

Judy (aka Princess Judy). Yep, you read that right. Says so on her blog name so it is right. Judy is a very talented and funny blogger who loves cats. Her Kitties even moderate for her when she is busy. Quite entertaining. If you visit and are not smiling when you leave it's your fault not hers. Be sure to drop a comment before you leave.

Dawn. I follow Dawn on ODBD and love her designs and the way she uses them in card making. Her choice of colors is often striking. Her coloring is beautiful as you will see. Love her cards. Leave a comment before you leave. She appreciates it.

Charlene. (Char) Char does some pretty and unique cards that I enjoy visiting to see. Visit often and maybe follow her if you like what you see. She has a 1 year old granddaughter that is her pride and joy. I am sure you will see a few of the pictures from time to time. Char loves when you leave comments.

I had a birthday recently and would like to share two cards I received. The first one is from my dear wife Jill. These cards are always special.



I am just a bit biased because it is from Jill but can you blame me? Thank you sweetheart. Love the card.

The next card is from a special friend, Em from Creative EM. Love the scene she chose to do the card with. Excellent coloring too.



Thank you so very much Em. The card is beautiful.

That is it for today. I will try to visit whomever I can in the near future. Thanks for visiting and remember to always LOVE THE DETAILS.


   

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Jim, another happy birthday (belated). We can never have too many good wishes! And, what a great post about fear. We have no fear without Christ, and may we continue to remind ourselves of His Word and be guided by His Holy Spirit...that still, small voice in her hearts and minds. How precious that Jesus left us with the Holy Spirit to guide us through God's Word and his prompting. May we remember this during the hard times...that we surely all must go through...for His glory! What beautiful cards, and I did see Jill's on her blog. It's beautiful, of course, and I love how she made the waves. And Em's card is beautifully colored. I love that image and wish I had gotten that (but, I have lots...ha!). Blessings to you and Jill, and may God continue to bless you. And I hope life settles down to a slower pace soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very few leave me speechless, but you've managed it. Again. Thank you!!!
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your link at Charlene's, so was reminded to pop over for a quick visit. So glad I did, as it's always good to have some inspiring thoughts here near bedtime. I agree that we as a nation have seemingly disavowed our Creator...keep taking Him out of everthing. And the state of this country surely shows that too. IMHO. But He hasn't forgotten those who belong to Him. I don't have to understand 'all of it' to believe it. The faith would not have survived the years it has, were it not true. Belated Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing your wonderful cards with us. And thank you for the prayers for our sweet Brenda. Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim - wonderful to have you blogging and sharing your faith - I love the verse that includes "Perfect Love casts out fear!" (1 John4:8) This has been a comfort and strength to me on occasions. I too struggle at times to recognise His voice, but sometimes one just has to 'faith facts' and leave the outcomes to God.
    Blessings
    Maxine
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post. Love the cards you got, and especially the one from your wife, the sentiment says it all! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't visited in so long (too long) and lookie! You have a new handsome photo of yourself on your blog. The real you! Thank you for the kind words about my blog. Dio the kitty was just telling me the other day it has been too long since I let him be a guest columnist. Happy belated birthday to you and thank you for sharing the lovely cards you received. Both show such calm relaxing scenes. Great post and inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jim
    Just catching up as been a busy gal.
    So pleased you have finished your painting. Seems to have been a real labour of love but so worth it.
    52 years for you and Jill, wow! Here's to another 52 and what a beautiful gift and sentiment.
    And then a birthday. What terrific cards you got and I hope you had a wonderful day.
    Love your new picture........handsome boy!
    With all good wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and happy birthday such wonderful cards you are a lucky man love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday Jim! I hope it was a good one, and by the looks of it, you got some really nice cards! Your new profile pic is a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jim beautiful quote, reading and lovely cards...AND I just adore your photo, it's a charming and gentleman photo...
    My dad is still hanging on Jim, so prayers are always appreciated for his peace....love aNNIe xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the quote Jim and wish you a belated Happy Birthday, I think the cards you received are beautiful! Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday, Jim! I was just over at Jill's blog and saw her card and post. I'm sorry I missed your special day and I hope it was just that! I wish you many, many more!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alles, alles gute (nachtraeglich) zum Geburtstag!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.