Pages

Followers

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Healing and The Spirit

It takes move than a good looking body. You've got to have the heart and soul to go with it.
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/epictetus119454.html?src=t_health

     The above does not mean that what resides inside is not beautiful. What resides within is often far more beautiful that what is seen on the outside. 

     As many of you know, I am involved in a prayer ministry both on my own and with a prayer group. Prayers of all sorts go into my “One Day At A Time” prayer request book. It is a book acquired many years ago for the purpose of writing a journal. The title of it is apropos for the purpose it serves today. Once a name is entered into the book it is never canceled, erased, removed nor ignored. As long as I am able the book will be prayed over. As many of you have professed, problems never go away in this world. They are ever present and ongoing. This should tell you that being remembered in prayer should never be discarded. Prayer is lifted up each and every day for those in the book, It is rare that a day is missed or forgotten. The book even goes with me when we take a vacation. 
     Years ago someone said to me that if your body was not taken care of you could not go to heaven. Ridiculous! If that were the case then would heaven receive anyone? These bodies are conceived in a world that is passing away. They are part of it in every way. These bodies are also the place where the spirit that is us has come to reside. The spirit that is us will survive when the body returns to dust. I see it as a temporary dwelling much like an egg shell or cocoon where we can mature and grow to be what God intended us to be. The spirit should not be reliant on the container it is in but the container is reliant on the spirit within. We are spiritual beings in a mortal home to learn the will and ways of God in a way that will preserve that spirit eternally. (Psalm 42:1) Healing of the body is important for the mind but healing of the spirit is paramount to the life we live today and the life yet to come. Often when the spirit is healed the body is also healed. Sometimes it is the other way around but often both are involved. (Jn 7:37) We are passing through this dying world on our way to our spiritual eternal home. Growth of the spirit can bring peace in an embattled existence. Jesus is our example for that life. He has shown that the death of this body is not the end but the beginning. That does not mean taking your own life but living in the spirit until you are called home. This body can't go there but when the spirit arrives in the next life there will be a new, perfect body awaiting us. Do not let this world and this body discourage you from growing the spiritual person within. You are a spiritual being in a mortal body. 

The image I have chosen to share today is from Coloring for Adults. It was downloaded from Pinterest. I have searched for the image but cannot find it. Considering the shear volume of images on this site it is assumed to be there somewhere. At any rate, the face and hair are all I colored. A stunning image to say the least.             

Eyes: B0000  Skin: R0000  Hair: E42  Lips: R81

     The colors used were minimal but the results were anything but. I pray your days are bright, healthy and spirit filled. Remember to always Love The Details.

6 comments:

  1. Your colouring is really fantastic, it looks like a photo. Keep up the good work with your prayers!
    Have a good day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent post Jim and totally agree with all you wrote in this post. I am looking forward to the day when my spirit has a new body but until then I will continue work on my spirit. I love the idea of your prayer book and think I will take that cue from you and start one myself! Thanks Jim, I have missed your posts.. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to see you here again Jim, and to glean from your wisdom, and to know that my name is still in your book - I am so reliant on God and the prayers of others during this grief journey.
    We have a new pastor, and what a blessing he is, and what powerful teaching we are receiving on prayer!
    Love your colouring - it is amazing and has really enhanced this beautiful imnage!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious words, as always, my wonderful friend. Miss you.
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Jim, and thanks for another wonderful post. I totally agree with your thoughts about how we are passing through this world and that sometimes God heals us physically and sometimes not. But eventually believers will be whole and completely healed when we are in Heaven with the Lord. Praise God for that! Thank you also for your prayer ministry. It means so much to me to know that you are praying for me and for the many I've shared with you. The coloring book image you colored is beautiful! What a beautiful woman and lovely coloring. It's exquisite! Blessings and hugs to you and Jill! Cheryl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring to bring that amazing work of art to life, Jim! Beautifully written post, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.