Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27, 2015 TRUST


These past three and a half months have been a roller coaster ride. This past few weeks have been a crash because of lost trust in someone we care about. The sad thing is it was a blatant act with a complete disregard of our request and wishes. It cost us financially and emotionally. The only bright side to this is that someone in need was helped but it was at our expense. Stress has been high and seldom felt anger was high as well. I do not like the feel of anger or the loss of trust. Forgiveness must be a part of the healing but the trust is another story. Trust must be earned. Once lost it may never be recovered. The individual involved never admits to being wrong or making a mistake, never says I am sorry and tends to blame everyone else for things that they caused to happen. There is the temper factor as well. Difficult to handle? Yes at times but overall a pleasant individual. That is why it hurt. We have come to the place of forgiveness and have not thrown the individual away. It will be a long time before trust enters again. It is better to care about someones redeeming qualities than to discard them completely over the negative qualities. Our Lord did not come to save the righteous but the lost. You and I would not have a chance if it were any other way. As for the trust, our God said "trust in ME alone for I am the truth and the light of your salvation." He is the only one whose truth and honesty are perfect. NONE of us are perfect. Judgment is not ours but HIS alone. Do not let first impressions govern what a person is like or has said or written. Carefully consider everything before you react. Be careful not to judge lest you be judged. Who is guilty if not all of us? Something tells me we are all going to be judged. 

If you love those who love you, what credit can you expect? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit can you expect? For even sinners do that much. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to get money back, what credit can you expect? Even sinners lend to sinners to get back the same amount. Instead, love your enemies and do good to them, and lend without any hope of return. You will have a great reward, and you will be children of the Most High, for he himself is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.
The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Lk 6:32–35). New York: Doubleday.


As promised, I would like to highlight a few of those whom I follow and who also follow me. I would like to take a moment to say that I do not go looking for followers nor ask to be followed. This is why those that have chosen to follow my blog are so special to me. Just because I follow them I do not ask to be followed.

Majsan  at scrapmarianne.blogspot.com is a card crafter from Sweden. She is incredibly talented. Her cards are beautifully done and imaginative. Turn on your translator though. Her blog is in Swedish. A visit to her blog is well worth the trip. Be sure to say hi and leave a comment.

Kelly at sandcastlestamper.blogspot.com is a Christian wife and mom with a very upbeat and talented card creating ability. She is very personable and loves the south Florida weather and going to the beach. Stop by and say Hi and maybe, if you like what you see, follow her blog. 

Cathy at http://1cardcreator.blogspot.com does amazing card creation work. She has not been posting as much since December of last year so if you visit be sure to scroll down and view the fantastic cards she creates. She has a new grandchild so is probably busy there. Leave a comment and I am sure you will be acknowledged. 

I have no craft to share this time around but I would like to share some photos of another of the Dupont estates with you. The estate at Nemour's out side of Wilmington, Delaware is fascinating. It is very hard to get to see and usually requires a year in advance reservation. The owners of the Inn we were staying at pulled some strings and got us in on a day or two notice. Amazing and very  much appreciated. Sit back with your favorite beverage and enjoy the tour. This was back in 2008 after Namour's underwent a multi million dollar restoration. It had just opened for the new tourist season.
The front entrance gate with its gold gilded adornments.


The Gold gilded weather vane.

The view from the driveway in front of the mansion.
 A side gate with the dates 1729 - 1796 and topped with a crown with C11 under it, gilded in what else, Gold.


Each tour guest was greeted at the mansion door and given a carnation.

The next several images are pictures taken from a balcony of the rear gardens and back garden patio.








The grounds were beautiful too.

The next two pictures are of the bell tower /pump house and a fountain in front of it.


Next are three images of some the grounds.
 




This one blew us away. A large fountain statue gilded in gold. Talk about your excess but absolutely Beautiful.


There were a few old buggies in the carriage house as well. I am not sure of the make or model of some of them.

I think this is a Cadillac


This might be a Packard.



The above two are without a doubt Rolls Royce.

I am not sure of this one at all.

I hope I didn't bore you too much. I should have a card or something better to share the next time around. I am honored to have you stop by and visit. I will not be sharing the painting again until it is finished. We are down to the nitty-gritty tiny detail now.
I am going cross eyed at times but it is getting there. YAY!!!!!!

Our snow storm did not live up to expectations, Thank the Lord.
We only got a few inches of the pesky white stuff. 

I will be visiting those of you who comment for sure and any others that I find time for as you post your wonderful creations. I have been trying to get to those that I have not visited for awhile so be patient, I will get to you. That you for understanding. Until then, remember to LOVE THE DETAILS.

24 comments:

  1. Sorry y'all have been having a rough time - and hope it all gets better now.
    Beautiful photos! Love those old cars and would love to ride in one someday.
    I'll check out the links too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read about your friend letting you down. It's very hard to cope with the disappointment and anger when someone you care about abuses your trust, but as you pointed out none of us is perfect. you have forgiven this individual, hopefully in time you will be able to forget the disappointment.
    The photographs are beautiful, wonderful formal gardens but the tranquility of the bridge over the lake? river? is the best!
    My husband would love those vintage cars!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos and I had to show hubby the old cars he loved them ..sorry to hear you have had an horrendous time lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to here of your trials. But that is how we grow, yes! Yes, love that is from the Lord, holds no record of wrongs, but we still use wisdom when dealing with one another. :) I have been in your shoes many times, and each time the Holy Spirit told me to except the wrong, I do and I have been so blessed over the years because of it. That does not mean I do not use wisdom pertaining to those who wronged me. For blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy. And one wrong or fault is not greater then another when standing before the Father.
    Fabulous photos, love those gardens and vintage cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound very hurt
      It is showing that you are as disappointed in your inability to see the inner person as you are with your friend .
      Trust is hard to recover but we are not the judge .
      Walk lightly my friend .....Lis

      Delete
  5. Jim, I'm so sorry that you've had such a rough time, my friend. As always, your post has touched my heart in ways that words can't describe. I'm sure you know what I mean. Holding you both so close in my heart and in prayer. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I haven't visited for a while - I really must try harder to keep up with my commenting. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos, and how lucky you are to have seen the glorious Estate in real life.

    I do hope your recent problems have now been resolved, and all is calm . Sylvia .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you've had another rut in your road, Jim. It does seem as if our well of forgiveness is always being tested and people do continue to disappoint us even when we reach the age where we think these things should no longer be happening! You are a good man not to end the relationship over it. Thank you for sharing your new followers with us and your tour of the Estate! Since I may never get there, I appreciated your fabulous photos! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jim - I hear what you are saying - to forgive is at times a process that oft times needs to be repeated, more than once... Trust, as you say, needs to be earnt. This life is a journey for us all, and we all have our rough patches, and at time we also skin our knees - you are so right about judging!
    Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos - it is wonderful to see how the 'other half' can live!!
    Blessings, and may you know the Peace that passes all understanding.
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jim, thank you for sharing your heart in this post. I am touched (as well as saddened), but I continue to pray for you and Jill during this difficult time. Yes, we grow through the hardships, and it's during these times that we cry out to God...and He hears us and comforts us. And my favorite passage in this regard is 2 Corinthians 1:3-5, and I know He will allow these sufferings so you can continue to comfort others with the comfort He gives you. Praise God. I love the beautiful photos you took and agree at the extravagance. But what a wonderful reminder of the beauty God has even here on this corrupted earth. Oh, what a joy heaven will be...our real and eternal home. Thanks again, dear friend, for sharing. And warm hugs to you and Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been away from my blog for over a month and finally returning today. I'm sorry to hear about the lost trust in someone you cared about. But, it is wonderful to see you have not thrown that person away. Forgiveness is a powerful thing and gives your mind peace.

    Your photos are gorgeous and thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find that life's lessons offer challenges and growth...giving us power and wisdom. I so enjoyed the pic-tour-ial... such extravagance... it's mind boggling and beautifully elegant. Thanks for sharing Jim Be well and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a trying, hurtful time Jim. Yes, once trust is gone it is very hard to get it back, but we do have to forgive but we don't have to forget. I'm sorry that this person did this to you and Jill, but I am also glad to hear that you didn't throw them away. Sometimes it is hard to get past the hurts we have, but it sounds like you and Jill are doing just that and moving on. You know know that this person can't be trusted so you can be more guarded without sending them out your lives. I commend you for coming to this conclusion and for taking the high road. I love your pictures of the DuPont Estates, it is so beautiful! Loved the gardens and the old cars. Looks like it was a great visit/tour!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see you put up a post, but sorry to see you have lost trust in a friend. Very difficult to go through that, but sadly, it does happen. Not just with friends, but sometimes with family as well (ask me how I know that?! No don't!). But as you say, you can only pray to find forgiveness for whatever hurt you. I know that our Lord says to turn the other cheek, but I also don't think he meant us to be stupid either!! But it's good that you can still see the redeeming qualities and perhaps move beyond the disillusionment. Anyway, I did enjoy the lovely tour. That blue sky was just breathtaking. Of course lovely grounds, and how fortunate were the ones who could enjoy that while they lived there. How wonderful that they were willing to share it later with the public. My DH would love those old cars. Hmmm...perhaps I can persuade him to visit one day. So thankful ya'll didn't get the 'blizzard', always better to prepare & not need it, than vice versa. Ya'll take care. Best to ya both. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, Not bored at all! I love the photos!!! We have been to the Biltmore House in Asheville NC but not since our kids were born. I am ready to go tour Namour's now!!! :) Thanks for sharing about forgiveness and not judging. I am sorry you had to go through the experience. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is always difficult when trust is lost, especially when it is someone close to us. I pray that you find peace and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the tour through the Dupont Estate. So much excess and fabulous things to look at. We had some Duponts at our wedding. Hubby was impressed. Alas, not *that* Dupont though. I chuckled over the fancy ornate gates with what looks like low stone fences. All those pools and ponds and greenery! That spitting turtle fountain.... wow! Didn't know turtles could spit so far. Definitely no Yugos in that garage! Wonderful old cars and kept so well. Nope, no one will ever be touring my home and ogling my "estate." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about the tough time you've been through, Jim!! You are such a wonderful person to forgive and not end the friendship!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your amazing photo's of your visit to the estate!! What a lovely place!!!
    Have a great day, Jim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jim
    Oh dear, trust is such a fundamental thing in friendship (and family too) so hard to build but so easily destroyed.
    I suppose that you can at least take comfort that you helped someone, even if inadvertently, and that you did what you thought was right.
    Thought the pics were your place for a moment lol! Forgive my ignorance from across The Pond as I haven't a clue about the Duponts but they certainly have great gardens.
    Best wishes.
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry you had a bad experience with someone you previously trusted. It is hard. I have been there. Your scripture is perfect and one I lean on often. Great pictures - what a pretty place. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well goodness, those pictures are lovely! What a beautiful place to stroll and visit and enjoy the splendor of God's green earth! Lovely indeed :)
    And a big thank you for the sweet words - it's always inspiring to visit you and see how you are sharing His words with us in the lovely way that only you can! My daughter has been so very, very sick - my online time limited and I've missed so much of 'blog land' and posts. I'm glad I was able to spy this post in the very least and treasure your friendship!
    Blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear you and Jill have been hurt and been through a difficult time lately. It is hard to trust someone after they've hurt you so...takes a lot of time and prayer.
    Your pictures are beautiful, what a gorgeous location! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful you were able to see the mansion--love seeing pictures of places I'll probably never visit in person! Sorry for your difficult experience & thank you for the reminders. Made me think of my dad who could always see something good in a person even when most of us saw only the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry to hear the difficulties you have experienced. I agree, trust must be earned. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.