Pages

Followers

Monday, April 6, 2015

He is RISEN


Nothing transmits the joy of love better than a Hug. It stays with you throughout the day and sometimes the night as well. A daily hug cures a lot of problems without actually solving them. How is that possible? Have you ever had a day start out less than perfect or even lousy and then find yourself being hugged by someone and told everything will be OK? How did you feel afterwards? If the hug was sincere you probably felt less stressed. Even long distance hugs can work that way when they are from someone you love or who loves you. The problem is still there. It didn't get solved or go away. It just seems less of a problem for the moment, right? You feel reinvigorated. Think about this. How would it feel if  that hug came directly from Jesus? OH WOW, Right? I have news for you. Jesus loves to hug. Have you ever gotten a hug from someone and they told you Jesus loves you at the same time? You just got a hug from Jesus. Has anyone ever told you over the phone they love you and were hugging you right now. You just got a hug from Jesus and might have even felt it. Sincere love comes from one place. Jesus and His spirit within us. 1 John 4:8. "Anyone who fails to love can never have known God, because God is love." Those are some of my favorite words in all of scripture. They exemplify the true persona of our father in heaven and His son Jesus. Fear and dread were what I used to have for Him. For those who do not know Him it still is what they experience. When you love and hug it is a double hug not just one. That means if you hug anyone out of compassion and/or love you are hugging in Jesus' name. He is there too with the biggest hug you will ever get anywhere. I don't know of many who will refuse a hug. Do you? Hug someone today and daily. Spread a little bit of Jesus today.

A hug IS what you get when you accept Jesus into your life. It is the welcome to new life greeting. He is risen and hugs are in order.

It is time once again to visit a few of my favorite bloggers. These are a few more of those that are following me, I am  following them or both. Either way they are all exceptional artists and are worth visiting and saying "HI" by leaving behind some love in the form of a comment. 

Riette is a Christian stay at home mom who home schools her children. Way to go Riette. She creates simple and beautiful cards (often CAS) that are definitely worth a stop and look see. Riette is my most recent follower and I am honored she chose to do so. Thank you so much.

Karen Letchworth is a talented Christian who does some amazing cards as well as other things crafty. I am never sure what I will see when I visit her blog but it is always worth the visit. Stop by and see for yourself. Her creations are often very unique.

Irit is from Israel. She is the only one who does not visit my blog due to it's Christian content. That is OK. I understand and respect her beliefs. She did send an email and explained this and thanked me for joining her followers. I love her creative multi-craft talents and visit her site as I can. She is a many times published crafter and is a design team member on several sites. She is worth the visit no matter what form of crafting you do. She often includes tutorials.  You may find yourself joining her followers as I did. 

Many shout outs are given by many people and they are usually for those that are or have become a follower of the given site. Since I do not solicit followers I am not following that procedure and have included those I follow but are not following me. This is to let those that stop and check out my site know that they do make a difference and are noticed. You are appreciated. Consider this my HUG to you.

Jill and I went to the Allentown craft show this past week and bought some goodies. I put most of them away since I only got a few items and didn't actually take any photos of them. (Sorry Guys) I did buy a new stamp that I did, however, fall in love with at the TJ booth. I am a sucker for the realistic stamps and just had to have it. I stamped it as soon as I could and did two colorings of it using my Copic markers. This is the stamp I used:



 The first image was mostly just enhanced with a Copic Multi Liner 0.05 pen to bring out more detail.  Couldn't resist doing that. Smiley Face.



 The eyes were YG00 & YG41 and ears, nose, eye tear duct area and mouth are E02. 

The next coloring is also highlighted with Copic Multi liner to give some extra detail but not as much. 



The eyes are G05, The fur is YR24, the face and ears are E31 and the nose, mouth and tear duct are E15.

Both images will be made into cards but I want to do at least two more before that happens. The coloring for them will be revealed when the cards are done.

I hope you enjoyed your visit. I also hope you Love The Details. Your visits are very much appreciated. Stop again soon. Until then may the good Lord bless you and yours exceedingly.

                  

26 comments:

  1. So, so true, my precious friend.
    HUGE hugs, love and blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, he is risen, he is alive and we are forgiven, we could ask for no more!! Beautiful Cat I like the stamp and your colouring
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! And you already know how I feel about those kitties! They're awesome...Here's some more hugs for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that image too, Jim - I am a cat fan at the best of times, but he is glorious, and you have coloured him beautifully. Thank you for your article on hugs - it is very true.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image- and fun coloring. I love hugs and love your write up. I know your featured bloggers- so much talent. And, Irit does not comment on blogs...been on DT's with her, so don't feel bad! Hoping you had a fab Easter- we sure did- beautiful mass and had a great day with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cat stamp Jim and great colouring. Really marvelous, love it.
    Greetings, Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post Jim its so true. I love your new stamp what a fab cat he is almost regal the King of the Street!!. Your colouring is just gorgeous look forward to more . Love and hugs Carole x .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a wonderful Easter Jim, love the colouring and adorable stamp!
    Hugs, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right Jim...No one can have too many hugs! Your cat stamp is gorgeous, you've made a great job of the colouring!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww this is just the sweetest - I'm a hugger! 3 out of 4 of my kids are too Lol! Beautiful post and kitty paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had I been there would have fought you for this stamp .I like that you used it right away MY craft MOTTO is " It is not mine until I use it " then it can be put away.......................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful wonderful stamp! WOW! That cat looks so real. Love your coloring on both too. The green eyes just make me want to reach out and give him/her a big hug!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! What a beautiful cat in both versions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Playing catch up as usual Jim! Love this stamp - and you've coloured it beautifully. Smiley Face indeed!!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Weather here has improved a little of late (thank goodness) and I have even managed some time outside with my cup of tea enjoying my beautiful view down the valley below... and I have been kept company by 'Princess Daisy' - our neighbor's VERY elderly cat who bears a striking resemblance colourwise to your creation! Happy Days to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHat a great cat image, and you've colored both versions beautifully! It was indeed a great find at the show! (one of these years I might get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Jim, you have hit upon a good subject today! Yes, hugs make everything better without the problem being solved. Amazing isn't it?!! But a hug really does make it better! I've been hugged by a nurse that I didn't even know, but her hug made me feel better. She was guided by the Lord to give me a hug and it was just what I needed when we got some bad news about hubby. Just on the 31st of March, the nurses, and staff came out to hug me because they knew how upset I was at the chemo center and even though they couldn't change the outcome it gave me peace these hugs did. Why? Because as much as they were from these people, the hugs were also from the Lord, He guided these wonderful God fearing people to hug me from Him. And it did make me feel better! Hugs are very powerful, we have an ability to help make people feel better and all we have to do is give a hug. Isn't that amazing?!! Our one granddaughter gives the biggest, tightest hugs. I just love getting a hug from her. And believe it or not, you can give hugs through the internet. I feel hugs from you and other commenters all time! And I can't even begin to describe the feeling it gives me. It's wonderful, it's like getting a hug from the Lord because He has sent you to give it to me and me to give it to you. Wouldn't it be grand if we could start a ripple effect just by hugging one person and then that person hugged another person, and so on and so on?!!! I'd love to give the world a hug!!! And here's a hug for you and Jill, Jim. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliantly coloured image Jim....I too believe in a hug comes from the heart....I am a huggie person but not everyone likes it...sadly..xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hugs always make everything better :-) I love what you did with the cat, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful image Jim. Both came out wonderful. I am a hugger.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Jim - your colouring is wonderful - those green eyes are mesmerising.
    I agree with your thoughts on Hugs Jim - a genuine hug can lift your spirits on the darkest of days.
    I am definitely a hugger, particularly when I see my 5 grandchildren!


    Sylvix

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great image and beautifully colored!! Thanks for the spiritual inspiration also!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jim, I always love reading your posts and especially love this one about hugs and our faith in Christ. I'm a hugger myself, and I love giving and receiving them. It sure doesn't take much to share a hug in Christ's name! And I love your beautiful kitty with the color oh so perfect! Those green eyes capture me! Hugs to you and Jill, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jim! When I read your posts I think... nothing more to say, just so special and everything said in a nutshell! For me, kindness and gentleness are aspects of 'love' and I find them mostly in my husband, too - He loves Jesus so aren't we lucky to know a Savior who led us to the beautiful Love of the Father! Have a happy, huggy day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a beautiful job on a tricky image. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Jim, how to even go about coloring this amazing image... well done.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jim I loved this post! I love hugs... giving and receiving! So thankful for the hug we received from our Lord! TFS! Your kitty image is amazing and I love how you colored them so differently! Beautiful!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.