Pages

Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

IT IS PERSONAL



The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
Joseph Campbell

http://www.brainyquote.com 

All we do in life is an example of who we are and what we believe in. In the last post that translated to hugs. Hugging is about as personal as you can get. There are far too many things involved with who we are individually to attempt to get deeply into what is personal. Instead we need to be aware that what is personal to you or I may or may not be the same for someone else. Where am I going with this? The better question is, “what do you consider critical in selecting a friend?” Can your “magical” connection be influenced with what they consider personal? Are you able to see the whole person and accept them as they are? In our relationship with God and Jesus do we allow doctrine and semantics to get in the way of a true and “personal” relationship. Why do you think Jesus came to help the lowly and down trodden instead of those who were not in need? Each of the people He helped had made a personal connection and had a relationship with Him. Each experienced Him and knew Him in a personal and unique way just as they themselves were unique. As in life, a relationship cannot exist for long if it is stagnant. If a relationship is based on how alike the participants are, it will not survive except as a “mutual admiration society”. Differences in the way we perceive someone or in what Christ means in our lives is not going to to be the same for each individual. Mark 8:34 - He called the people and his disciples to him and said, "If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross and follow me." (The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Mk 8:34). New York: Doubleday.) Following Jesus is not dependent on anythings but the love of Jesus and acknowledging his sacrifice for us. How we share Him and what He means in our lives is all that should matter to us. It is a personal walk and a personal experience. No two are alike.

It is time once again to acknowledge those I am following and those who are  following me. If I haven't gotten to you yet that is because I am following over 150. Couple that with me being a terrible typer and I may even be slow to visit as well. Thank you one and all for your support. You are the reason I am in blog land. Be sure to leave behind some love if you visit these crafty folks.

Karen is from Tasmania. If you like clean and simple you will love Karen's cards. Her cards are not always simple, per se, but they are always clean and beautifully done. Karen does some excellent work and puts a lot of love into what she creates. Go visit and see for yourself.

Tracey is a CAS card creator of amazing talent. I am always amazed at her vision of subject matter. She does a fantastic job of coming up with different designs and keeping it interesting. On CAS cards that is amazing. Check this blog out and leave some love behind.

Jacqueline Is a very talented Christian card maker. She has a second blog that I also follow. The first blog is where she creates her cards from scraps. Beautiful work too. The second blog is where she makes inchies cards. You must see them to to know why I am so enamored with her inchie cards. Very special talent. Stop by and see for yourself.

Thank you Ladies for your gorgeous work and sharing your talents with us.

The cards I made for todays post, Yep, I made a pair of cards, are special. The first one is something I have done from a stamp purchased last year at the stamp show. It is an Impression Obsession image.
      Copic colors used: E07, E13, E23, E57, B02, B04, C3, C4, RV 11, RV13, Y08, R46, T2, G3, YG07, YG09, YG17, YG93, YG95.

The black gems are KARS and were part of the goody pack sent by Maria from http://rieslingmama.blogspot.com/. 

The second card is mostly die cuts. The envelope was done as well. The die cut is from Memory Box and is called Fluttering Corner. 


The envelope is from Maria as is the card stock. Thanks Maria.The color of both is not true because the actual color is light lavender.


I am not sure but I think the lace is from Martha Stewart and is an edge stamp. The sentiment is Sweet and Sassy. It is a Cory Ten Boom statement. This is closer to the actual card stock color. 

Hope you like the post today and always remember to LOVE THE DETAILS. May the good Lord bless and keep you all until the next time.

   

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, and coloring, and beautiful thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and colouring.
    Gr Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a profound post so much to think about .Two stunning cards I loved the stamp great colouring and the pretty second card Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jim, I always love stopping by and reading your thoughts! (And I think you are an excellent typist!!) I so agree that it all comes down to Christ...alone! I love your post today, and your cards are beautiful, each one! Thank you for highlighting these blogs...I shall pop over and visit them, my friend! Hugs to you and Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly card/envelope combo is just stunning with the pastel lavender and white colors! Great coloring on the first card, and that really is a beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this post is absolutely beautiful. Thank you, my precious friend.
    Love, hugs and blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful coloring on that first card, Jim! Hugs to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards Jim, each so different! I love that image on the first and you coloured it so perfectly. The second with the die cuts is beautiful, the details of the butterflies is breathtaking! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post and gorgeous cards, Jim. Your Copic colouring is awesome. And love your thoughts.
    Sorry for not being able to visit you often. Need to catch up with my friends in the blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful post and I enjoyed reading your thoughts. Loved both the cards you have here,the first being my favourite though. Nice stamp and coloring. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw your link at another blog, and zipped over to see if you had posted. Whee, yes you had! As always, inspiring to read your thoughts. I agree on so many things you have said that I couldn't express as well..especially that we belong to Christ by accepting His sacrifice. 'Cause we sure won't with our pitiful efforts! Lots to think about in the way you say things. Of course IO is one of my fav stamp companies, and I like the kind of image you've used on this pretty card. Impeccable coloring...great presentation letting that image take the focus. Also loving the way you've used the wonderful dies on the envies too. Hope all is going well. Just caught up on my commenting so off to photo & post. If I can get the chance, will try to visit some of your new friends. Best to Miss J, and ya'll have a wonderful afternoon. Blessings & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you here again Jim :-) You have a great perspective on life and faith, and I enjoy, and am provoked to think, from your writings.
    Lovely card and envelope - I really like how you have used the die to decorate the envelope to match the beautiful card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely inspirational post, Jim! Your cards are absolutely stunning as well! Beautiful Copic coloring on the first one, and your die cuts on the 2nd card are so pretty!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a nice comment! You are a real gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jim, you are very sweet with your lovely comments about my cards and you have totally made my day! I love all your cards as well:) Thanks for being a lovely blog friend - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot agree with you more! Your inspiration post strikes the heart strings! I love your watering cans, so brightly painted and that quote from Corry ten Boom is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing and have a lovely day, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post and such lovely cards your colouring is amazing too :)
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jim, your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are outstanding, Jim! You know I'm always agog over your coloring and it's fun to see you rocking the dies, too!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful post Jim! I love the sentiment! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post Jim and beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. stopping by to say hello...both cards are great, love the sentiment an on the 1st and on the 2nd the die cut of course is my favorite...hope all is well...big hugs
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card and envelope Jim .
    Hugging is not such a great thing if you have RSD Luckily I have it only in my limbs so if careful and knowing a light hug is possible but few and far between .I always enjoy reading your posts .............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Jim,i am so thrilled to see that you are still making your lovely cards,and sharing your wise words of wisdom :)
    Thank you for stopping by my new Blog to say hello-I am so glad to be back crafting(and blogging)again i have missed it and look forward to catching up with all my crafty friends again.
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love those Memory Box butterfly dies, they are so dainty and yet have so much detail. And they look gorgeous just on their own!! Your colouring of the IO image is spectacular and just love the colours you used. It really looks like its been painted to me, which shows how fabulous your Copic colouring is. I hope you have a lovely week and get to fit some colouring in here and there!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your wisdom is always inspiring Jim! I tend to be drawn to people who are the underdogs. I hate seeing someone being mistreated because they aren't pretty enough, or popular enough, etc...I also hated when I was a kid when another kid would tell me to not play with someone for whatever reason. That made me want to play with that person even more. I guess I kinda' pick friends who I can relate to and they can relate to me. Although I love people, all people, but there are some that I'm drawn too more than others. Your cards are amazing Jim. I love your coloring and I love those dies you have used. Thanks for being you Jim!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.