Pages

Followers

Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13, 2014 Knowing

Even if something is personally experienced, all experiences are unique to each individual.

In a universe that is full of differences and change is there anything that is without exception? Yes! God's love. That is the only thing that is never changing. All else is wrapped in vagaries. We all age and we all have our issues whether physical, emotional, mental, relational or what have you. Seeing so many of our friends with problems and loved ones that are seriously ill is heart breaking. It is also part of life. Every incidence is different no matter how much it is identical. Our experiences are a strengthening process. It is a place where a kind of common ground is reached to allow the heart to understand what only the heart can understand. The ability to feel the hurt, the emptiness or grief of loss let alone the power of love is only possible from the heart. Because you experience these things only means you can understand what someone else is going through. It does not speak for the uniqueness of their situation or condition. Only they know what they are living through unless you are living through it with them. Even then it is still unique to each as two separate lives and individuals. It is the feelings and the emotions that you can connect with and experience with someone. It is where bonding, comforting, sympathy and many other things including love happen. I know God loves us. He is the connection to and of the heart. Without that connection there would be no hope. Without it we cannot exist. Without it everything would count for nothing.


My dear friends, let us love one another, since love is from God and everyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. Whoever fails to love does not know God, because God is love.

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (1 Jn 4:7–8). New York: Doubleday. 


I would like to amend this post to acknowlege that I have won the "Cherry on Top" Giveaway at Kristi Schurr's blog, Paper Creations. She will be redesigning her blog with more content and tutorial videos. She expects to begin about the beginning of the new year. Stop by and see her work and share some comments with her. You will not be disappointed. Thank you for the gift certificate. It will be put to good use.


I have done some painting but not as much as I would like. There has been some progress though. Here are the colors used.





Some were used by themselves and some in combination. Some were very thick but not completely dried out. A drop of water or more to hydrate the paint. Here is the current progress of the painting.



As you can see it is coming right along. The cliff area will be pretty much done with the next update post. This represents the largest numbered areas. From there it will be harder. Hope you like it thus far. 
That is it for this week. Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment it will be appreciated greatly. It is also a sure way to get me out to look at your current creation and I will comment. I love returning the courtesy.
Remember to LOVE THE DETAILS.    

35 comments:

  1. It's coming along really well, and I marvel at your patience and how exactly you are working! Have a great Sunday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim this is a wonderful work you are creating. Praying for you and Jill during this time - may you know God;s peace that passes all understanding.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really starting to take shape! Those cliffs are looking gorgeous already.
    I just started a pretty big project myself, but it's nothing like this! I also can't post anything about it on my blog yet, as it's a design team piece, so will have to wait until the 1st of October. (If I can get it finished in time!)

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is coming along wonderfully Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking just beautiful - and all that wonderful detail!! It's really starting to take shape now and can't wait to see the end result.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - it is looking great! This is going to be gorgeous Jim! Love your post - it comforted me. I have had something on my mind for a few days - and this helped me put it in perspective better. Thanks. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With each step you take with this creation the love shows through just a little stronger................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. This painting is looking amazing Jim and I can't wait to see the next update! There is so much detail in this painting and you almost make me want to try one myself-yes I said almost. Maybe one day....It is going to be so stunning when you get it all done. Loved your post too-so inspiring! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jim you have done so much of this detailed painting! Great work so far. I understand it is your birthday today--so happy birthday and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Painting is coming along great! its stunning Jim and happy belated birthday huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Jim!!!...
    did you got my e-mail? I bet you will have a wonderful day with Jill...hugs to both of you on this special day
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Happy Birthday, hope you have a beautiful day! Love how this is coming along too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Jim, happy, happy birthday!!! Wishing you a year filled with all that makes you happy!! Hope your day is wonderful!!!

    I saw on Mary's blog that you and Jill are going through a difficult time - just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and God will be there by your side all the way!!! Hope things will be better soon!!!

    Your painting is really progressing now, hey!!! So nice to have these regular updates to see what you have done. Can't wait to see the final painting!!! What you have done so far is really amazing!!!

    Thanks so much for a very lovely post again!!
    Enjoy the birthday and eat lots of cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    And thanks for the kind comments on my blog, I very much appreciated it.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your painting is coming right along. Isn't is amazing how all the parts make a perfect whole? Happy, happy birthday, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jim, I appreciated your message in your post today so much. Yes, God's love is the one sure thing in this world....in MY world! Things might be falling apart, loved ones making heart-breaking choices, circumstances pushing us in scary directions, but God love is constant. I bank my entire existence on that sure fact.....it is the only sure fact. It is THE message of the Bible. We see the temporal, He IS the eternal. His ways are higher than ours. What a comfort, even when times are difficult. Thanks for the encouragement today. Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like how the sky is looking now some of the foreground has colour. Looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Jim! Hope you and Jill are having a wonderful day today! Those brownies sound good and the pink roses are beautiful!

    Thank you for your inspiring words, yes, God is Love and He never changes! I'm thankful I have God in my life and I know He will always be with me no matter what comes my way! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jim, thanks for following my Blog :) I hope you have a great Birthday! congrats on you Win too, a fabulous little birthday extra ;) I love your painting and can't wait to see it finished.. I also read your words with interest, it does one good to take a little time out to reflect on Love, thank you for facilitating that for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jim
    Hear its your birthday, so here's to a happy one for you!
    That painting is coming on a treat. You have such patience and a steady hand.
    Reading a couple of comments above, it seems that you and your dear wife are going through something a bit tricksy at the moment? I hope whatever it is, that it will soon pass and I'm sure that your steadfast faith will help you through.
    With all good wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday, may God bless you richly today and beyond

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just saw on Darnell's blog that today is your birthday...Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day and get to eat lots of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well goodness, Happy Birthday. That sure sneaked up on us, didn't it? Enjoyed the post, and it's very appropo just at the moment. Hope that today was a good one at your house. You are making great headway on this picture, even though you say it's slow going. Actually you've accomplished quite a lot. It's really beginning to take a great shape in the colors & defining the different sections of your scene. I can imagine the browns & grays in those cliffs took quite a toll on the peepers too. You will have a completed masterpiece here before you realize. One little chunk at a time. TFS & once again, Big Happy Birthday. Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm sorry I'm a day late in wishing you a very Happy Birthday Jim!! I hope your special day was wonderful!! And you are moving right along with this fabulous painting! I get excited to see the progress, I think because your working on it you don't see the progress as I do, and it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely post my dear....and so very true! Thinking of you and Jill today and had a moment so wanted to pop over here and say hello! Blessings to you both! The painting is coming along so well! I will look forward to seeing your next installment! Hugs!!! Jill 2

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to you!!!!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!
    Happy Birthday dear I.C.!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
    And many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :) Jill2

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Belated Birthday Jim. The painting is coming alive with color. Be well Carole

    ReplyDelete
  29. The painting is coming along nicely! My eyes would have given out by now if I was painting!
    BTW, happy belated birthday! I'm sorry I haven't been around and missed your special day! I hope it was a good one and you did something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your painting is lovely, what a truly amazing God we have that as our creator He gives us the gift of creating as well. I cant imagine what He has in store for us once we met in Heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I am so sorry I missed your special day. Hope it was filled with happiness and love. May you and Jill have only better times waiting for you. Your work of art is really coming alive.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  32. So fun seeing the progress of your painting, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Belated Happy Birthday, Jim! Hope your day was amazing and sending your wishes for the same each and every day of the year (and beyond!) to come! Your painting is progressing beautifully; the touches of lavender catch my eye!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.