Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 1, 2015

January 31, 2015 Who Am I

All that you are I am.

Do you have a phrase that you both love and hate? I have several but there is one in particular. It is "But for the grace of God there go I". It is true in one sense. Without Him I could not exist nor would it be possible to strive to be sin free. On the other hand, what a gross case of judgmental audacity to imply someone is better than another. That includes self. We were brought into this world with every sin, every possible tendency and fault of every other person that ever existed. Quite a paradox, huh! Want proof? Have you ever been brought to the point of saying or thinking you would like to kill someone for something they did to you? Or how about, I got an extra twenty cents in my change at the grocery store. It must be a gift from God. REALLY????? Give the twenty cents back because if you don't you just stole money from the store and cashier. She may have to make that up at the end of the day. Give it back even if it is a penny. Do you ignore "Do not touch", "Do not handle" or "Do not move" signs? Do you hold grudges? Do you get even? Should I go on? Didn't think so. The flip side to this and the reason for the statement is not that one person is better than the other but realizing you have been given a chance at redemption by changing the way you perceive things and how you act on events in your life. If you are invited to a party that will have 40 guests and you volunteer to bake a cake will you bring only half a cake to the party or the whole cake? I know someone who would and does bring half a cake. How self centered and crass. The "I and Me" must become the "You and They" in your life. There is only one place that "self" cannot be compromised and that is your salvation. This is the only place where self is number one. To get there means removing self when you are around others. Christ became a servant when dealing with others and became the example of what we are to be. We are to be the example of Christ working in our lives but always mindful that "all that you are I am but for the Grace of God." 

Listen closely to my words, be attentive, understand what I am saying. Does the ploughman plough all day to sow, breaking up and harrowing his ground? Once he has levelled its surface, does he not scatter fennel, sow cummin? Then he puts in wheat, millet, barley and, round the edges, spelt, for his God has taught him this rule and instructed him.

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Is 28:23–26). New York: Doubleday.

I will be dealing with this further in the next post.

Time to introduce you to a few more of my followers. 

Benzi from Benzy Stamps. Brenda was one of me first followers. She is a southern gal with a huge talent for card making and could be a poster child for southern charm. Stop by her blog and say hi.

Maxine D from Kiwime's Kreations. Maxine is from New Zealand. She is a Christian crafter with a flair for the imaginative and always has a fresh take with the cards she creates. Give a look and remember to leave a comment.

Teresa from Crafting All Day Creations. Let me tell you that if you like vintage you will love Teresa's cards. Be sure to drop by and ogle her work. You can tell it is a labor of love.
While you are there be sure to tell her how much you like her creations.

This post I want to share a few Hubble photos with you. The pictures are available for download at the Hubble picture album. God's glory is awesome. 


M51 The whirlpool Galaxy and it's small companion NGC5195 in the constellation Canes Venatici (The Hunting Dog).
The "M" stands for Messier and the "NGC" is for New General Catalogue.
NGC 5128 (better known as Cenaurus A) The two lobes or jets coming from the top and bottom of the galaxy disk are what are known as radio jets from a very active black hole at the galaxy core. Beautiful but deadly if you were in that galaxy.
 NGC 1300 is barred spiralin the constellation Eiridanus (The River) 
This is a general idea of what our home galaxy would look like if we could see it from afar. Our galaxy would have more arms.

NGC 1073 in Cetus (The Sea Monster) 

This is another barred spiral. It is considered to be an archetypal type barred spiral.

A nearly perfect ring of hot, blue stars pinwheels about the yellow nucleus of an unusual galaxy known as Hoag's Object. This image from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope captures a face-on view of the galaxy's ring of stars, revealing more detail than any existing photo of this object. Notice the apparent second ring galaxy in the far distance between the ring and the core at the one o'clock position. Fascinating!

 Galaxy NGC 4314 (Hubble View)
NCG 4313 in Coma Berenices

The ring is composed of hot new young stars. It is enhanced to show them more distinctly. 

Arp 148 in Ursa Major (the Great Bear or The big Dipper)
Arp 148 is the staggering aftermath of an encounter between two galaxies, resulting in a ring-shaped galaxy and a long-tailed companion. The collision between the two parent galaxies produced a shockwave effect that first drew matter into the center and then caused it to propagate outwards in a ring.

I hope you enjoyed my short tour of the wonders of my long time love affair with astronomy. The beauty and wonder of God's creation is mind blowing. It does not matter if you don't understand the jargon, just enjoy the beauty of the object and images. Thank you for joining me and allowing me to share the wonder and truths of our Lord.

Until next we meet, Remember to LOVE THE DETAILS.

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and beautiful photos of God's creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jim! Once again you have challenged us with your words and amazed us with these incredible photos! How anyone could believe this all happened as the result of a big bang I will never understand! Just incredible!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim
    Hope all is well with you and Jills eyes.
    I must admit, it is a phrase I use but not in the context of thinking I am better than someone else. I use it to illustrate how grateful I am sometimes when you see some of the sad things that happen in this world.
    Stunning pictures.
    With all good wishes
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous post and pictures! God sure does beautiful work, doesn't he.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your thought provoking, inspiring words and images. God bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise words and comments and those pictures are amazing. These pictures are great representations of the power of God. Beautiful! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - the battle with the unrepentant "I" - it's not known as 'putting the flesh to death' for no good reason, and I find it an ongoing battle!! Wonderful images - yes our God is awe-inspiring in His creation. Thanks for the 'shout-out' Jim :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoyed reading your post today and when I see photos like the ones you've shown today, it gives me chills. There is no way to comprehend this vast universe God put into place.
    Thank you for the kind words about me today and I continue to enjoy your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will tell you I enjoyed the details on those images such amazing color and spray would love to do with a brush .
    Your inspirational writing has me thinking AM I?? No I am not well maybe
    t
    There are surly things I will can be working on improving........Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a gem Lis. Thank you for your comments. I can't imagine you being surly. We all need to work on improving.

      Blessings
      Jm

      Delete
  10. Oh, Jim, thank you for the wisdom of God you've shared and the challenge we all need daily! And I love the photos of the vast universe that God and God alone created. Oh, what a marvel! Praise God for His amazing love and mercy that He's shown us in sending Christ...for us! Warm hugs to you and Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jim,
    what a great post and those picture are amazing.
    This universe and the world is just so amazing.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jim, you are such a wise man and have a wonderful talent of writing!!! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and having one still for a moment to think about all the important issues you always write about!!!
    The photo's are amazing and truly shows how great God is!!!

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What awesome photographs! God is great! I've enjoyed catching up with you Jim. I so appreciated your kind words when my Dad passed. Those words warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello my dear friend>..first of all thank you so much the lovely valentine's that I received from Jill and yourself so touching ...then those photos are stunning...specially my husband will love them as he works in that field...
    big hugs
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wise and wonderful words -- I love the thought provoking you create when I stop by for a visit and refreshing of the soul :) A few months ago, my son (10) and I were at the supermarket and found a shopping cart next to us, abandoned with a 24 case of water underneath, obviously forgotten. We returned back to the store and told the manager that we found the cart with the water and wanted to make sure that if the buyer should come back, that it was there for him/her and his reply "Why on earth are you bringing this back? Why didn't you just put it in your car and keep it? Everyone else would have." I was more than shocked and as a Christian first, and example to my son second, gave him the laundry list of why we did. He just shrugged his shoulders - but as you say, it's what is expected of us. Who knew!
    Thank you for the beautiful pictures and the inspiration - as always :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know what I want to comment on first--your words or your photos. The photos first because they show us just how and insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things. Also, there is much more out there than we know or could even fathom to know. As for your words, more and more people are breaking the "little rules" thinking it doesn't count, but it does count! If you discount the little things soon the little things get bigger and bigger. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your usual thought provoking post. I'm with you on the "There but for the Grace of God". That is one that comes to my mind very often, and especially when I see a homeless or down on their luck person. Could be any one of us...except for Grace. Fun to see that we're sharing some friends. I'll have to check Teresa, not sure I know her. Loved seeing the galaxy photos. So amazing to see these awesome creations. Now you have some superb images to use on cards - would make stunning backgrounds in some hands (not mine! but somebody's). Hope you folks aren't getting this next snow I'm hearing about on some of the PA blogs. If so, take care, keep warm, be safe. And thanks, as always for the thoughts. Happy Sunday & blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always your words cause me to pause and reflect....and to look at these words in a whole new way... " There but for the grace of God go I" has always come to mind when I see someone facing a hard road or very difficult circumstance. But I have learned in the last few years that it is these very difficult roads or struggles through which God produces growth in my soul! I have learned that angels surround us when we desperately need the help - your friends, neighbors, and perfect strangers become God's hands in the world to lift us and carry us through! My spirit grows and I am forever changed!!! Thanks for sharing God with me through your beautiful posts! His creations is miraculous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. God's creation is amazing!! Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament sheweth his handiwork."
    Thanks, Jim, for your post and fabulous pictures. Borne out of difficulty, your words point us toward our redeemer and savior, Jesus Christ. Our family has been in severe upheaval since last summer with no end in sight. Still we trust Him. Thanks so much for your challenging insights.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. God is the best artist. Great post, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow--didn't realize there were so many great photos from the Hubble available--thanks for sharing, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous post Jim! I love the pictures, god Is good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow. Amazing how they all resemble organic forms in a way - even an embryo. Thanks for sharing, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a thought provoking post Jim and one that I enjoyed. So much to think about, so much to fix, but easier if you take the me and I out of you and they. I so enjoyed the pictures of the Galaxy. So amazing to view God's creation! So now I'm off to do some pausing and reflecting of my own. Thanks Jim, I always come away from here doing some serious thinking. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Jim. I haven't been in blog land much the past few weeks and was catching up with my friends. I see you haven't posted since the last time I visited so I read you post again. The words meant something different to me today. You are so right about the way we think about things today. I hear people all day long saying things like "this money I found was a gift from God" or "they deserved that punishment - it was from God." A friend of my daughter's basically cheated someone and later said the fact that the other person didn't realize it was a God thing. I am trying hard to make sure I don't think or act like this - it is easy thing to creep into your life with just little things like pennies and then it gets bigger. Very wise words my friend and very though-provoking. Happy Valentines Day to you and Jill! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Back -- trying to catch up! I love this post- you have great writing skills : ) Also really enjoy the pictures and links.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These pictures are awesome, thanks for sharing, have to go back and have another look. They are magical to look at.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.