Pages

Followers

Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 14, 2015 The Little things (Continued from Who Am I)

Many manageable little things, if ignored become gigantic unmanageable things

Have you ever noticed that few things in life are huge and unmanageable? It is true. At least most things start out that way. All of that changes when we ignore those little things. For instance, those crafty things that are collected and put in their own categorized areas until we get to use them. Finally they are used and we are having so much fun that we don't put them away and more and more is added to our stash and where the heck did I put that die? What happened to the stamp I bought for this project? I thought I had more of this stuff! My God this room looks like the inside of the recycle bin! I know my chihuahua Fred is in here somewhere, I can hear him whimpering. Has your barbed wire collection turned into a steel cacti farm nightmare?

Don't just LOVE THE DETAILS, take care of them and deal with them. Did I mention that the person who thought the money was a gift from God was a Sunday school teacher? REALLY? Beware the world and its teachings. God's gifts are not hurtful or twisted but straight forward. They can be for our benefit but are always meant to be redistributed to others. What is for one is actually for all. Christian living is living as Christ lived. I keep saying that will be noticed but I tell you this, so will dishonesty and deceit. Which example would you rather be? There is no better feeling than having someone you do not know tell you they took notice of the way you treat everyone with respect and are helpful when they are in need even if you are not treated that way in return. Our lives are a light to those around us that we are dedicated to Him. It is humbling to be counted among His followers but uplifting in following His ways. His ways are life giving and always to be shared.  Read 2 Corinthians 5:20–6:10



It is time to say thank you for joining me on my journey but first HAPPY VALENTINES DAY


Becky from A Diamond in The Rough. Becky is a christian and very strong in her beliefs. She is a bible reader and studies daily. Her card making is excellent and reflects her beliefs in every way. Stop by and say hello but make sure you not only check out her cards but read her blog as well. Be sure to leave her a comment.


Petra from Kaartjiekreatief/Cards Creative. Petra is one of a kind when it comes to creating beautiful and very different cards. She is from South Africa. She has a style all her own. It is hard to describe her work other than to say her eye for art and creativity is unique. You will absolutely love her work. It is obvious she loves what she creates. Be sure to leave her a comment when you stop by.


Cheryl from Cheryl Quilts. Cheryl is a Christian card maker and a sweetheart. Very  talented at card making and a prayer warrior for those of us that need prayer. A very handy combination if I do say so myself, and I do. She delights in getting visitors and comments. Please do both.


Lis from Paper Maker. Lis is very unusual in that she makes her own paper. She makes cards with the paper she makes. How is that for creative? Can't recycle better than that now can you. Love Lis' cards too. They are just as creative as the paper. As with the others, be sure to leave a comment to let Lis know you were there.

Today I am sharing two cards. One that I am not completely satisfied with (and am still working on) that was for my DW for Valentines day. The second one is the one she will actually get for Valentines day. Grab a cup or glass of your favorite beverage and enjoy. (I hope)

First the unfinished card that Jill said she likes but I don't. She said it should be posted anyway so here it is. 


 I think it still needs something. The card stock, heart (Freude am Schreiben), tree die cut and Adhesive gem stones (KARS) are from a wonderful gift package sent to me by Marie of rieslingmama. The Gazebo is Spellbinders Shapeabilities. It is colored with Copic C2 and T5 inks. The corners were done with a Martha Stewart Swirling lace Corner punch And colored with Copic R29 pen. The inside is also feeling unfinished.



The hearts are EKsuccess Brands bling. I will work on it some more and post it again when I am satisfied or at least more so than I am now.

Next is the card Jill will actually get. This one turned out nicely. 


 This is a bit different than other cards I have done. I used one sheet of scrapbook paper from Best Creation Inc. called "Forever More". I cut it into four even squares 6" on each side. I matched the imaged glitter papers to best effect for front, back and inside and used 7/16'' tape to put them together. I used Dazzles Lacy butterfly stickers for a little more pizazz inside and out. 


The sentiment was created in MS Word, cut out and fastened with Tombow mono permanent adhesive. The card front and back binding is made from card stock on the out side with a strip of cloth ribbon on the inside. Tombow was used to adhere them to the front and back for binding. Just like a book don't you think? The loop at the top is gold colored string and is more or less ornamental.

The problem with this card was that I couldn't find an envelope that it would fit in so I made one.
   
The front


The Back with the die cut buttons to keep it closed and the cutout tab to make it easier to get the card out.
This is the envelope closed.

Well, that is it for today. It is time to wake up and shake the cobwebs out. Hope you had a good nap. If you'er not to groggy please leave me a comment and tell me what you think. Uhhh, on second thought, just leave me a comment, thank you. LOL. Just remember, no matter what, always pay attention to the details. You thought I was going to say "LOVE THE DETAILS" didn't you?  


Next post we may have some fun with Cherokee. He has been quiet for awhile. We shall see. By the way that picture of me in the garden is not me reading. I fell asleep sitting there after working in the tomato bed. The snoring gave me away. LOL.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, I like them both, although the second one is my fave! And we can never have too much love in our hearts and lives! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think both of them are very nice and know Jill loved the one your gave her. That gazebo on the first card is so pretty and it creates a wonderful scene. Very pretty "book look" on the second one and equally as beautiful. Love the envelope too! Cute idea with the button die.
    Hope y'all have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, I love both cards! Happy Valentine's Day to you both.

    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely cards Jim, but I prefer the second one! Bet your wife loved it!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Jim, I always enjoy reading your blog posts, and I agree with Jill! You needed to post both cards...each one is lovely in its own right! And you made them for her with love...that's the best part of it!! Love the gazebo...very pretty, and I love the corner punch too (have that one myself, and I do know where it is...hehe!). I love the second card too with the beautiful corner flourish, and what a clever idea for the envelope! I am humbled you mentioned me and my blog and trust that I glorify Him in all I do. Yes, prayer is so powerful, and I've been reminded far more this year of its value in drawing me closer to the Lord. Sending hugs and love to you and Jill, with wishes for a snuggly Valentine's Day evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Honey, for the great card...and, of course, the box of chocolates. You made my day very special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jim for the shout out! :)... Wonderful post today and fabulous cards you created. I love how you did the buttons for the back of the envolope, very creative.
    Well I just came in from shoveling 14 inches of snow, yes I measured it :).. We are getting slammed here in RI & MA. But glory be to God, Spring is almost here, I can smell the flowers and fresh cut grass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a Blessed Day for Valentines Day! I could not sleep sitting up and with a leg crossed- I think my husband could though! Your cards are both quite lovely- the gazebo die is so pretty, and I love the corner and middle of the card dies that you can see inside and out. Your 2nd book card is also wonderful, and love the envelope with the tab and buttons.
    Please keep my parents in prayers- Mom had a little stroke and is having memory issues- blessed to only have that problem the balance is much better. Dad is now 'legally' blind, so one little thing will put us in a whirlwind of moving them out of their home......
    Thanks for a great write up- always enjoy stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous post Jim, I like both of the cards, I like the die cuts and the corners on the first one,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post Jim as always! Spied something over at Jill's blog - you did good! :) your cards are just wonderful - truly brings truth to your "love In the details" in card making, too :) blessings! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jim you are so right about tending to the details - my craft room has a stash that needs to be packed away.....
    Love both your cards - and that they were made with love means all the more - especially to Jill.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Jim, hope you and your DW had a lovely Valentine's day!!!! The cards you have made are both beautiful and surely DW loved her one as much as I do!!!! And yes, I did pay attentions to all the lovely details on both cards!!!
    Thank you so much for your kind words on my cards and for the link to my blog, Jim!!! I know you know exactly how much I appreciate that, hey!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thought #1: Thought you would know after all these years to listen to Jill. She's right! It should have been posted, and I'm glad you listened! Do you need more training in learning to remember your wife knows where-of she is speaking?!!!! :-) Seriously, it's a fine card, and you should be proud of it. Glad you shared it. Thought #2: Did you peek in my craft area? What you wrote, describes me to a perfect T! Details are in cleaning, returning to where each item belongs (so that it can be found next time...I need to learn & relearn that myself!!) Also enjoyed the rest of the thoughts on treating others with respect & kindness, cause you never know who is watching how you behave. For sure, One is! The One who really should matter. Good post, and I KNOW you folks had a fine V. Day. Loved both the cards ya'll shared, and that envelope is most awesome. I can't do envelopes for shucks. So I'm really impressed. Between the step cards and the envelopes, ya'll got it all cornered! Hope you're both having a good day, being cozy if it's snowy. God Bless, and TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure Jill would love any card you made her and, of course, these are beautiful. I love the paper on the second one.
    Looks as if you really worked hard in that tomato bed.....oh, how I love fresh tomatoes out of the garden. Problem is, I have no
    garden. I have much too much shade.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful post! And as always one that makes me reflect! Your valentine cards are beautiful and filled with love! I love the pretty gazebo and that lovely paper! I hope the day was filled with joy! You and Jill are such a wonderful couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I love both cards also! The corners are awesome! That inspired me to try something! I'm on my phone and maybe limited to what I can see, but where are the tomatoes??? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jim, Hope you & Jill had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I know she loved the gorgeous card you gave her--very artistic! The other one has lovely elements & will be fun to see what else you do to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You said: "Have you ever noticed that few things in life are huge and unmanageable? " I often find myself saying "How do you eat an entire elephant?" "One bite at a time." That's how you get past the huge and unmanageable bits. I really like the gazebo scene--that tree with its woodgrain look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are very special and I adore the custom made envelope with the buttons. And of course the contemplation photo I just love.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jim, I'm finally getting caught up! lol I love the crafty stuff you spoke of, it is easy to let it get out of control and clutter everything up. I find if I clean up after each project then things stay clean, but if I don't, it can become a disaster before you know it. I don't work well in chaos. I need to be organized in order to be crafty. And I suspect most of us do too. I so agree with you on the beware of world and it's teachings. It is so easy to get led astray but if we make every effort to live as Christ lived then we are on track. We will always be a sinner so we can only try to live as Christ did. Kindness doesn't cost a thing, and like you said you want to be seen for the way you treat people. At least I want to be! I have to agree with Jill in that you should have shown the unfinished card. In my mind it is beautiful and I'm sure in Jill's eyes it is too. I also love the card you gave her-beautiful. I really love how you did the envelope too, clever idea with the faux buttons to keep the flap closed. Will have to remember that! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the first card! I find it quite exquisite.I can't believe you don't like it. However, we are our on worst critics.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.