Pages

Followers

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Thoughts To Ponder

Life without thought is the road to disaster.

The most satisfying comments received on this blog are those that tell me these comments are causing a pause and reflection. This is the very purpose of this blog. Now that we have entered the Lenten season it is even more important. Stopping and reflecting not only on the crucifixion but on how that relates to our daily walk in this life. Things in the time of Christ could be sudden and deadly. The times may have changed but the speed with which things happen has not. The speed with which information and ideas can be shared is mind boggling. What used to take hours, days, weeks, months or even years is now all but instantly available. This has both good and bad implications for our lives. One of them is the speed of living. Have you noticed the younger generation and what this has done to it. Values are different as are expectations. The "I want it yesterday" attitude is prevalent now. "You owe me" this or "I am now educated and I deserve to start at the top" mind set is more the norm. The idea that growth are instantaneous seems to be expected.

Whoa there chief. Uh oh! I think I just woke up my alter ego, Cherokee. OK! Your thoughts Cherokee. "Irish not as dumb a you look." Thanks for the vote of confidence. "Welcome! The world moves to fast. No time to think about where next footstep falls. To much rush here and rush there. Sacrifice not in mind anymore. Only what can we get. No one lives for each other anymore. Cherokee lives for others too. Maw Squall pound to pulp if I forget. She is very sensitive to others. Irish smiling. No, not beat up with fist. That would hurt but tongue hurt more. What Cherokee see in Jesus is kindness, comp, uh, comp" are you thinking of compassion? "Yes, that word. Also give life for others. Great respect and bravery." Nicely put Cherokee. "Cherokee forget to say he has great love for everyone. Do not understand hanging on tree but Irish says not hang but nail and tied to wood cross." That is why we celebrate this holiday Cherokee. He took all of our sins and Made it possible for us gentiles to be saved. "Cherokee not gentle. Me warrior." Uh, that is not what the word gentile means. It means pagan of heathen. "Cherokee not those either." No you are not. Why do I get the feeling we strayed from my theme for today? " Irish scatter brain?"
Sometimes, yes.

The point is that we should stop several times during our day and make a conscious effort to look at how we are living our lives and if that reflects the example that was set for us 2000 years ago. Do you find it amazing that even now the life of Christ is relevant? How often do YOU pause to reflect on how you are being seen as a person in this life? Are you violent or gentle? Are you taking or giving? Need I go on? Stop, look, listen to what your life says to others.

 Eph 5:1-2,25

Time to say thank you to more followers.

Nat from simplysweetstamping. Nat is one of those stamper that has a knack for doing things the old fashioned way at times. She is Canadian and like staying at home, especially when she can craft. It definitely shows in her work. My kind o home body. Drop by and say hello. As always, done forget to leave a little bit of love in the form of a comment.

Kevin from mccraftys-cards. This is a site that has got to be experienced. Kevin is a master at card making. His work ranges from ornate to very sensitive and subtle. His coloring is second to none. His artistic eye will amaze you. Be sure to give him a bravo or two before you leave.

Sammy from SammyJean. Sammy is an English dynamo. Always exuberant and bubbly. she has several sites but this is the one I usually frequent. She is a great card designer. This is someone that will inspire you I am sure. She is also a very talented multi media artist. She does some amazing creations. Visit and comment. You will be glad you did.

Viv From Viv's Visuals. Another English gem. Viv has a great sense of humor and a great artistic eye. She will delight you with her creations. She loves her soccer, sorry football. I hope I got that right or I will not hear the end of it. She is full of English style surprises and some of the neatest cards around. Be sure to stop by and leave some love when you depart. 

Today I am going to share my Valentine card from Jill. Sweet and simple. Just the way I like it.

   
This card took 2 days 10 hours 44 minutes 10 seconds to make. It will take 30 seconds for her to find me, take back the card and shoot me for saying that. I don't know how long it took but I love it for sure. By the way, she liked that print for my shirt which I happen to be wearing right now. Love you too. 

That is it for today. Hope you enjoyed your visit and also hope you return next time. From both Cherokee and me, Remember to LOVE THE DETAILS or at least pay attention to the a little.             

33 comments:

  1. A wonderful post today...I have wished more than once that things would slow down and I just said to hubby yesterday how I wish there weren't cell phones. Ha Now, that we have them, though, we think we can't do without them or I do, at least. And, I do try to be a gentle person...hope others think I succeed.

    Your valentine from Jill is just the sweetest card and wonderfully CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jim, what a wonderful post today! I so love reading your thoughts and so agree about the speed of life today...far too fast...and far too disconnected IMHO. May we all strive to pause, think, and then speak...and may we more and more desire Christ and honor HIm. Thank you so much for sharing these bloggers. I visited each one and was delighted!! Oh, you are so funny about kidding Jill about how long her card took. It's lovely, and I always enjoy paper piecing and appreciate a great plaid shirt for a guy! So wonderful that you love each other dearly! Thanks again for sharing and caring! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you so much for your very sweet words Jim!
    I have to admit things often move a little fast for my liking too. Those are the times where I find it essential to turn off my phone and bury myself in a heap of paper, ink and glue. bliss!
    And I adore the card Jill made for you. It's perfect! I find CAS cards so terribly difficult, so really admire those who make it seem so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm without words. I'm sure you know how much yours have spoken to me. Thank YOU! I love your card from Jill and can see you both holding one another in that pose.

    Love, hugs and blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world does seem to be spinning too fast and it seems like patience is a thing of the past. It is a good thing to pause now and then throughout the day and remember Jesus and his teachings. Love the card and Jill probably did spend a lot of time on it. Her love shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sammy too LOL!! I totally agree with how fast things go Jim but when I'm stressing out I tend to go for a walk and just look at all the lovely countryside I'm so lucky to live around and breathe it in..or go make a mess in my craft room :) Fabulous card Jill has made it's really lovely huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 days 10 hours.......who cares! She made it with love and I think it's grand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already told Jill when she posted this card - but it's absolutely perfect in every way! You're a very lucky guy to have such a talented and loving wife.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, love Jills card. That simple design and image say it all.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jim, you always put a lot of thought into your posts and they are always meaningful. I love the card Jill created simply beautiful :) Thank you for noting my blog in your post I am going to check out the other blogs now :) Your blog is a very inspiring place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great CAS card Jill made for you with some fun paper piecing too! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Jim - well thought out and provocative post - Yes, the younger generation is almost totally "me, mine, and NOW"!! So sad. As Christians is it our responsibility to evaluate our lives, and so few do, least of all on a regular basis.
    May God bless you
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, and always good to share your thoughts. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pleasant to read your thoughts, Jim and that Valentine's card from Jill speaks volumes! I was really struck by it - it radiates the love it took to make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soccer??? SOCCER???? Isn't that something you wear on your feet????? lol Oh no that's socs isn't it! (Sorry about the real bad spelling - but you get the point!)
    Hello Jim from a very cold and snowy north west of England!
    Am hoping your weekend was as blessed and enjoyable as mine.
    This is a lovely card and I'm sure you enjoyed it whilst you got to look at it.. no doubt now it has been re-cycled for something else... good for Jill I say!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Jill made, a world of thoughts in the one image. Great post today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely clean and simple card Jim and i love the paper piecing!
    Hugs, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I enjoyed reading this and I too wish the world would slow down at times but I am just as guilty as the next person for being so "busy" and "wanting things done now" :-) Thanks for the reminder to stop and breathe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clearly a work of love from Jill--such a neat Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your right, in my line of work I see the entitlement attitude of the younger generation and it's sad. All the texting and video games are not conducive to learning how to communicate person to person either! I try more so in the last few years to evaluate my life and what kind of person I am on a daily basis :-)

    I love your posts and your card is so cute!! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  21. Working at a junior college I get exposure to the entitled want-it-now attitude way too often. You want to yell at these young-uns all those cliches-Rome wasn't built in a day, stop and smell the roses. Sometimes I find myself impatient at things and have to stop and ponder, where did that attitude come from? EEK! Love the Valentine card and that printed shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well said, as always, Jim, well said! Thank you for sharing the card Jill made you! It speaks volumes and I love everything about it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, Jim, your words of wisdom is always such a pleasure to read and have me thinking of what you said!!! What you have said about the speed of living these days and the younger generation, is so true!! And I can just hope that others see me as a gentle and caring person!!
    Jill's valentine card for you is so sweet - love that shirt!!!
    Have a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful post Jim and I agree with your words - lucky for us that in our crafty community we are all supportive and care about each other:) I also love the gorgeous cas card that Jill made for you - perfect! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jim thank you again for this wonderful food for thought you have shared with us here. It is so true that life has become more about quantity than quality and more about the 'me' than respecting others. You have hit several nails on the head here. Absolutely love the CAS design and the paper piecing and that snazzy shirt.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  26. wonderful card and so sweet comments and history, love it
    hugs
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jim
    Lots been going on at The Pond so not much self pondering been done (please forgive the pun lol!)
    You do provoke thought and that's a good thing.
    The Valentine is just perfect.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my this is a very though provoking post Jim! Yes, today is all about instant gratification with a lot of the young people leading the way. They feel like we owe them and they don't have to do anything. I struggle with that a lot! I want to shake these young people and wake them up. lol Even sometimes my own kids who weren't raised that way. The young people today live in a world filled with technology that gives them everything at their finger tips. Good in some ways, but very bad in other ways. I have always gotten good comments on my boys, so hopefully we've done something right in raising, You just never know, but you always hope so. This is the perfect time of year (lent) to take time out during the day to reflect on ourselves to see if we really are living the way we should be. I have always tried to treat people the way I would want to be treated and the way Christ treated people. Is it easy all the time? No, there are times I feel I have a black heart and I know that is the devil trying to get in. It is then that I prayer harder! If you would hear others talk about me, you would think I was a Saint, but I am not. I struggle too and don't always "love thy neighbor". I try to, but my black heart takes over sometimes, so I fail at times and have to ask God's forgiveness for my thoughts. It is usually from the people who have wronged me. You know, that has already been addressed by you when someone did you and Jill wrong. It's no always easy to forgive. But we have too. Jesus forgave us our sin's so we have to forgive too. Some people are hard to love, but we have to keep trying. Thanks Jim, you always make me ponder and question myself even more than I already do. But that is exactly what we should be doing. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful post Jim! This fast world we live in makes it ,I think ,even more vitally important for me to instill good values in my son. Turning off screens and being outside with nature and helping others who are less fortunate so they understand the world and have gratitude for Gods many gifts! I pray every day that I can succeed and it is hard with this instant gratification society we are now living in! Love Jill's card for you! Blessings and hugs!!! Jill2

    ReplyDelete
  30. As always, a thoughtful, insightful post. Cherokee must be so puzzled at the way we live our lives today. Most of us don't set him a very good example. But...all things in Christ's time. I tell myself that every day. It's all in His Hands and His Will be done. Loved the sweet card. I'm guessing the check shirt was paper pieced, and love it! If it was hand colored, I am mightily impressed at the time it would have taken to do all the 'checks'! Blessings, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely post Jim and that you for sharing Jill`s card with us, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card captures 'love' so beautifully, I don't know what else to say....its simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I always enjoy reading your long reflective posts. I love that you give shout-outs to other bloggers as I have found some new talent to enjoy that way. This card may be simple, but it sure says a lot. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.