Pages

Followers

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Winter BRRRR

I don't know about you but it seems the older I get the faster time seems to slip away. Hindsight almost seems to come before the event. LOL. Hibernation might be in order with all of this white stuff that is accumulating outside. It is quite a change from when we were young. The snow glistening while building snow forts and even working in it was a fun time. Now it is more comforting to sit inside and look at it and reminisce on what it was like back then. Those memories were happy ones for the most part but the past is gone. Today is here to be lived and, no matter what may be happening, there are memories being made. Retrospect is a good thing if we learn from the life that went before. It has often been stated that " If only we could be born with the knowledge we now have." The problem with that is the knowledge would not be connected to a life lived or a memory lived within that life. In other words no wisdom would be available to make that knowledge come to life. The whole of the book of wisdom in the bible is directed to living life and seeking wisdom. Knowledge is the beginning and wisdom is, hopefully, the end result. There are no shortcuts or magic potions to make that happen. Learning from living is the most complete teacher of knowledge. Living is the wisdom part of living and learning. Without both, neither are of any use. 

Sounds easy doesn't it? It isn't! If only we could bottle everything we experience just before we are called home and give it to someone to drink to preserve the life within it! That would not work either. The process of gaining knowledge, absorbing wisdom from it that can be passed on is an ever present, ongoing process. It is never really finished. The nice part is that it is already written down for us. It is called the Bible. There is a life guide and wisdom for living already there for us and it was all hard won and preserved. This does not release us from living life. It only works if the life you have right now is experienced in the here and now. Life is ever changing as are the things we experience in the here and now and going forward. The Word of God in the Bible is our guide.

I have a card to share that was sent out in December. It is a rather special card since it is not what you might call traditional. The image was designed by the craft shop owner that Jill and I love to frequent when we are able to make the trip to Ephrata, Pa in Amish country. The image was given to me and was perfect for making the card. Sorry folks she is Mennonite and has no computer. I don't know if she does mail order.



 I cannot find the menu of colors used. The crown is made from die cut glitter paper pieces from my stash, the die is Spellbinders Antiquities, and the blue gems are are from Coastal Stickers. The red gems are taken from  two heart embellishments that Maria F. sent in a gift package. The burlap and black card stock is from my stash. The sentiment was created  with Microsoft Word, (NOT and easy task), fussy cut and everything was attached with Sookwang tape. Here is the inside.



This is a Cottage Cutz Christmas die. It is delicate to say the least. It took three tries before it could be die cut without tearing it. Fun! Jill has a gizmo that I ran the die through to put the sticky shtuff on the Sentiment. Worked pretty good but I still had to clean the excess off to attach it to the inside of the card. More Fun.

That is it for now. I hope to have an image finished by the time of the next post. It is a full 8.5 X 11 card stock image. Until then, God Bless and remember to Love The Details.

                                  

15 comments:

  1. Our white stuff came and went after about 3 days Jim! Lovely card - and a lovely image. You're right you know - I am sure the clock is going at double the pace it used to - the years are just passing by and it often makes me wonder what I have contributed to this life.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, really something different. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and peaceful image! Love your card and that crown is just the right touch. Sensational!
    I'm slowly trying to get back in the swing of things so will be back soon.
    Hope y'all are staying warm and safe.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post love reading them this card is so so different and what a beautiful thing to receive you have complimented it so well a fab design. Hope you are both keeping warm just watched all the snow in the USA on TV Keep safe love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful - both in prose and the creation of this most unique and glorious card! I'm sure it was well received at the craft store. Have always longed to visit Amish country. I read so many Amish themed books, I guess I have to settle for that gift :) blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jim, I always love reading your thoughts in Love The Details. You are so right that we are born and then live, gleaning knowledge as we live. Hopefully, we are brought up to know the Bible and learn to read it and find out what life is really about and how to live for the Lord. Oh, that we would focus more on living in such a way as to have people want what we have. And may we also leave a legacy of faith and hope in Christ. What a beautiful image of the Christ child, and I love the card you've made with it. Yes, I imagine you worked hard in Word to manipulate that curved sentiment. But it's perfect, and I love the greeting die inside! Stunning, and I'm sure the recipient loves it! Warm hugs to you and Jill, and may you stay safe and warm inside! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see you again Jim, and I enjoyed reading the thoughts you have shared. While you are cold, we have just had our hottest day so far - 30.8 oC, with the note feels like 34 oC!!!Very hot for us.
    Love your card, and what a beautiful image!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable post Jim and love reading them...a great comfort in my heart....x
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to hear from you
    your writing send me back
    I lost a friend who had a gift in music and was helping me with piano he one day said I wish I could package my gift and hand it to you .Now he is gone and I don't know a tenth of what came natural to him......Lis
    When hee passed I lost so much ..Lis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello IC (and Jill). Been wondering how ya'll were in this storm front. Saw some pics of areas of your state, and while it was pretty to see, also scary to think about all that snow laying on things that can break, or cave in! So hope you folks fared well. Enjoyed (as always) your thought provoking post. Some real wisdom contained in your words (and plain to see you've lived enough to realize the truth of what you wrote). No way can we pass along any scant wisdom that we acquire through living, but it is encouraging to hope that someone - sometime - might benefit from our experiences (hopefully if just our kids). But that's not what was meant, or we'd not have the things going on - in this wicked old world. Mankind just does NOT learn from history, obviously. But we can't change that, and it's all in Someone Else's control. Again, good to see you commenting & know you're ok! TFS & Blessings. Oops, forgot to say - I liked the card! A very sweet image, and like the burlap addition. Good work with the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious words, as always. Thinking of and praying for you both during this beautiful but pain in the butt weather.
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your words were very poignant to me. Before my dad passed away that was his regret--that all his knowledge and wisdom would die with him. The Christ child image is wonderful and you've done your usual spectacular coloring, shading, and making it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jim, what a wonderful post! I used to love winter and all that came with it, but being older, more decrepit the cold and snow has lost it's appeal. Don't get me wrong, I love watching it from inside the warmth, but don't like shoveling it anymore. lol The cold just makes me hurt and the older I get the more of a sissy I get! I also love your thought provoking thoughts. As always they make me think. Life does have to be lived in order to learn. Oh yes, we could learn the easy way some of the time, but how many do that?! I used to tell the boys and still do sometimes, that if they have learned from their mistakes, then they weren't mistakes they were lessons. Hopefully they learned from them! The Bible is the perfect book to live by, and a lot of us try too. But we are still "sinners" and we sin without trying sometimes. I know I do. But I try to do better each time and pray for God to give me the wisdom to live life the way he intended for me too. It's not easy, nothing worth doing ever is! But we keep trying. I love, love the card! It is the perfect Christmas card and what Christmas is all about. I dislike when people are just about the gifts, the commercialize parts of it. I wish all people would go to church on either Christmas Eve or Christmas day and feel what you feel when you go to listen to the word of God. There is so much magic feeling in going. Same with Easter, heck if you go regularly you will feel it all the time, but for me for some reason it is just amazing to go at Christmas. I do go all the time though, well unless the weather prevents me like this past weekend. lol No mass for any of us in the path of the storm. Love, hugs and blessings to you and Jill! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was thinking of you and Jill today! I hope you are both doing well. Your words about wisdom and life are so true. I hit 50 years and wish I knew so many things sooner but you are right that wisdom comes from our lives that are lived with all of the joys and sorrows that mold us spiritually! I know that you and I understand this especially when it comes to the loss of those we love most. Sending my love to you and Jill and the family and remembering you in my prayers. May God bless and keep you! Jill2

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your post today, isn't it so true! And your Christmas card is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.