Pages

Followers

Monday, October 19, 2015

Compassion

     What would I say that would mean anything if I had not first begun to live the very words I am speaking? ãcopyrighted

From my book of poetry, prose and reflection.  

In recent months there have been many things that have happened to cause reflection on this phrase. Life is more than just a series of happenings and situations. All too often if it does not conform to what we want or expect we pass it off as unimportant or inconsequential. Everything in life has a purpose. Nothing is without a cause and effect. Dropping a stone in a pond has a ripple effect on the water. Living and breathing has the effect of changing the course of everyone around you and in fact the whole of the world. When we come into the lives of others that life is forever altered and will never be the same again. There is a ripple that goes from one to another and another and another until it has had an affect on every person in this world. It is always amazing to have someone come back and express that you have changed their life or given them strength or hope where there was doubt or despair. In the prayer ministry there are many lessons to be learned. Not a day goes by that Something isn't experienced. Everyone on my prayer list is important. Everyone's need is felt. Every need is prayed for. Every answered prayer, every joy, every sorrow and especially every loss is felt. Our lives are forever linked in the spiritual awareness of everyone being special. God is not partial to one over another. All are equal in receiving His care, love and His correction. He constantly calls to all His creation to Him. His compassion is greater than all of ours put together.  

This post is also a celebration of the changing of the seasons. We have had our first frost and the trees have begun to change in earnest. I have a card to share but that will be for the next post. Right now I would like to share some of the color in my area. We have not had a color display in this area like this for some years.

This first tree is a neighbors Cedar. I don't know the exact genus but it is Fascinating.




I do believe it has always looked that way. Not sure if was trimmed or not. Just love the way it looks.


Again, a neighbor's tree. It is a brilliant red orange.


These three trees are at a school I used for my vantage point. It is the highest locally that I could walk to, about 2.5 to 3 miles away.

Th following images are what I took from my "high perch".






I am sure some of you are experiencing even more color than this. I love the color but I am not happy with what will soon follow. Winter!!!!

I hope you were not bored too much. I will have a card to share and maybe some art work of some kind. Until then, remember to Love The Detail.


          

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful words Jim - words to read again and again and ponder their depth.
    Love the autumnal colours you are experiencing - we do not get colours like that where we are - but spring is looking wonderful this year :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS photos! We just never see anything like that down this way and it's beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words to read over and over. They are of great comfort to me in particular, thank you Jim.
    Your photos are amazing the colours of nature given to us by our Creator are to be cherished. We are into summer here in Australia and the this month and the next are storm months where I live, hot, humid and great swimming weather.
    ..♥

     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}
    hanks again for the words of comfort especially after losing my loved Hero, my dad.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, those pictures are stunning! We have a handful of trees in the area, and they do look lovely, but nothing like this!
    and I'm with you on the winter thing... Not a big fan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim the colours are just beautiful and I am so glad that you are enjoying them once again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful views, Jim! Autumn is my favourite season, I just love those rich colours :) Fortunately where I am we don't get the following severe winters, just rain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry it's taken so long to get to your post, Jim. Things have been crazy busy here. Nothing new there. Grin. Once again your words and photos leave me speechless, but I will say that without any shred of doubt that you, my amazing friend, have changed my life and indeed are an incredible blessing in it.
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jim. Hope all is well there, besides the glorious fall color! I just love this season. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing beauty in your pictures and in your post. Thank you again for connecting with me. I like your blog and will again visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, how wonderful nature is, hey!!! Thank you so much for sharing these lovely photo's and as always your words of wisdom is such a pleasure to read and think about!!!
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post, Jim, that I read earlier this week but am only now getting to visit you directly. I so appreciate your thoughts and agree about our seasons of life. What stunning photos of the changing of season to fall. You certainly live in a beautiful area, and I'm so glad to see these photos and know that you are enjoying a beautifully colored autumn! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely post as always and such beautiful photos amazing colours nature is beautiful Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mother nature sure knows how to "paint" in autumn. My absolute favorite season. Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing colors...
    "- what is the ghost's favorite fruit?
    - the BOO-berries :)
    Happy Halloween!!!"
    hugs
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been busy didn't get to o open this post until today and it is soo timely

    We don't get these colors in Florida and in Nova Scotia where I stem from it would be exactly like the photos you show
    I don't miss it but doo enjoy the photos...................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super photo of you on your blog, Jim. Thanks for sharing this beautiful Fall colors - the vineyards come very close to this beauty at the end of October here in France. Definitely something to celebrate - how awesome is our Creator!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know I love these pics...It's a shame that most of the leaves are now on the ground. I'm happy that for now (at least) I seem to be able to post some comments...Computers are great...(but they can also be a pain can't they? smile)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.