Pages

Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Betrayal

Note: if you were having trouble following please try again. I have reset the "follow" and "email" gadgets.
This is a subject that has deep meaning to me. Growing up there was not much meaning to this word for me. I never had many friends or "buddies" to hang out with. I was shy, wary and unsure of those around me. I was poor, skinny and standoffish. I was teased a lot and made fun of by most of my peers in not so flattering ways. It was hard to find things to do when no-one wanted anything to do with you. Those that did have time to hang out were the troublemakers. They were only temporarily in my life. As I grew older and began to find the Lord things began to change and I did find a few that were to become my best friends. I also met a couple that accepted me as a friend. They helped me open up and I begin to trust people more. During that time I had a cousin that became a close friend as well. We enjoyed one another's company and did many things together. That all changed when My cousin was in need of a place to stay and the couple offered him a bed and place to stay which the couple inquired if I thought it was OK and I thought it was OK. I trusted him and I trusted them. The very first night he and the wife of the couple slept together. Her husband left her the next day and would not speak to me or have anything to do with me. The wife later offered to help me with "my problem" since she was a trained counselor. That was mostly to make her feel better about herself and place blame elsewhere. My life was in turmoil and trust was no longer something I had for anyone after what happened. Her husband was one of the very few that ever spoke up for me when others ignored me. That was destroyed with this incident. I have forgiven the people involved over time. My only wrong was trusting people and not the Lord in this case. The first trust should always be in the Lord. He is the decision maker in our relationship. The human heart will betray trust if it is not first in the Lord. (Mark 7:14-23) Life is neither fair nor unfair until people become involved. At this point, rest assured, we are tested and refined. Anyone who believes in the Lord will experience this. Love conquers all and forgiveness becomes a way of life. 
Today another Moontear image.

The Copic colors used are:

That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless and Keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a tragedy that betrayal was - and forgiveness is the only antidote that truly heals, but at times even that is a painful journey that takes effort and time and strong resolve. Only with God enabling us can we totally forgive.
    Beautiful colouring Jim - you are an inspiration
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havi ng a hard childhood is not a good start in life, as I well know, but I think it somehow makes us stronger. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad and heartbreaking experience for you, Jim, and for all those who chose to get involved. We are all broken people, and we will stay broken until we accept Jesus into our lives. I can't begin to recount how knowing Him has made all the difference in my life when it was going astray.
    The drawing is lovely!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you went through this. You know I know how that feels, even closer to home.
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. God has blessed me through you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding coloring on this and a powerful message too. So many of us grew up with the same issues. I do love seeing your work and am thrilled that followit is finally coming into my email instead of Gmail. Easier to not miss your work this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible coloring on this! Such a sad message too since so many of use grew up the same way. Thankfully we become adults, find God and things work out. I hope that followit continues to notify me in my email instead of Gmail since I don't use gmail. I was happy to see your notification today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I was surprised to see that you posted this...

    but I understand now. I know how hurt you were at the time that this happened. I can see now that the hurt was even deeper than I thought.
    Life does throw curves doesn't it? You know that your wife is not as good with the written word as you are... But know that I keep praying for you that the hurt goes away. Love You...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who was lucky enough to be loved as a child carries a great treasure within them... a hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colored image is just nothing short of amazing and beautiful. I'm glad you can release the pain of that bad experience and move on from it. We are always being tested and I found that finding the strength to forgive enables me to move forward and let it stay in the past where it belongs. May you have the peace of mind you deserve.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.