(Matthew 19:23-24 & Mark 10:25) I have watched when well to do individuals have done things to to add to their coughers at the expense of others or donated sums to the church to be held up as generous in the eyes of others while looking down on the less fortunate. They expect others to be of service to their family when they have made it clear anyone they perceive to be less well to do than they, are nothing. It is rare that the well to do are willing to have compassion on the weak, impoverished or the needy. I also know that there are those that sacrifice much to do for the less fortunate among us.
(Matthew 19:16-32, Mark 10:17-31, Luke 18:18-30) I don't know what being rich feels like other than with the things that are owned. Most of that would be considered "junk" by others. I guess I am a pack rat since I keep what might be useful to repair something later. In this way I am rich. None of those things are so important they cannot be trashed or given away. I have often used some this "junk" to repair things for others. Very few in this society that are wealthy would willingly give away all they own to the poor or needy. It is usually what they see as overage or wealth they have no immediate use for that they will donate. It is the poor widow that gives her last penny that is truly blessed. (Mark 12:42-44) I wish I could say I have always been free when it comes to alms giving but I cannot. The Lord gives freely to everyone, Saint and sinner alike. If we gave according to the way He gives to us there would be little to no starving or destitute in the world today. I do not wish to be wealthy since I am not sure I would give all or most of it away. I see those who win the lotteries who, in short order, spend it all on trivialities and are left in worse shape than before their lottery win. I consider myself rich in ways that being wealthy cannot provide. Take stock of where your wealth is and count the blessing you have been graced with. Remember Job and what he lost. It could be you that experiences the loss of everything with no guarantee of any of it being restored. Blessings are the Holy Spirit, Jesus and God in our lives. They are eternal.
May the good lord bless and Keep you safe.
Remember to "Always Love The Details."
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.