Note: I have opened this site to anyone, blog owner or not, to be able to comment. Responsible, civil comments are accepted. I am sharing what I find to personally bring the scriptures alive and clarify my life experiences.
In my studies there have been many surprises. I have been trying to see what the original texts say and what the words meant in that era to the people reading them. Sometimes it is a large difference from how we read the text today. One of the biggest surprises was the interpretation of words used in the original texts of scripture. [OLAM - meaning 'an age' or 'agelong'] There are other words that only appear a few times that I will not cover at this time. It turns out that the original meaning as understood by the authors was not a forever thing, eternal, but for a finite period of time. The ancients did not recognize infinity when creating the old or new testament. Instead they wrote in terms of periods of time, not always described in specific years or periods but indeterminate spans of finite time. This poses many problems such as the existence of eternal damnation. There are disagreements among different churches when it comes to this view of the scriptures. Since God created man to be subject to the imperfect world he lives in, why would he be judged as if he were immortal. Scriptures say God wants to forgive and welcome all into the family He created. The prodigal son comes to mind.(Luke 15:11-32) The father welcomed the prodigal son with tears and open arms. The son who stayed behind and did the fathers will was indignant of the father welcoming his son back home with a celebration is very much an example of the world today. If mankind is so lost why send Jesus Christ to be and example of the forgiveness of our father in heaven? The lack of eternal punishment in the old and new testament means that redemption is the way God our loving father is planning for His children to join Him. In the vision of Mary mother of Christ, when asked who will be saved she answered "Everyone." For years I have struggled with interpretations and teachings. I am now more convinced than ever that our God is a loving, forgiving father not a hateful, vengeful father bent on punishing his creation for faults that are a result of the world He created. It is apparent the suffering we go through in this world is redemptive and not a preemptive process to eternal hell fire. I welcome the troubles and tests of this life so that the next life will be with our father in heaven.May the good Lord bless and keep you safe.
Remember to "Always Love The Details."
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.