Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9, 2014 Perfection

Perfection is only a perceived possibility.

How does that make you feel? Perfection is perceived in the mind of each individual and not an agreed upon thing by all. It is the imperfections that make all things perfect. It is what makes us all different and perfect in our own way.


 PERFECTION. The biblical idea of perfection is of a state of ideal wholeness or completion, in which any disabilities, shortcomings or defects that may have existed before have been eliminated or left behind.

Packer, J. I. (1996). Perfection. In (D. R. W. Wood, I. H. Marshall, A. R. Millard, & D. J. Wiseman, Eds.)New Bible dictionary. Leicester, England; Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.


With that said I must tell you Cherokee will comment from time to time in my blog posts. For those of you who wonder about him, No he is not real, He is a fermentation of my imagination cause by too much caffeine which in turn causes a runaway imaginary coma. This results in a lapse of attention to detail and a blank stare which some of you might interpret as sleeping with your eyes open. Sudden movements cause awakening and not recognizing my surroundings. The left side of my brain shook hands with the right side of my brain and said we have to fix this. They worked together and created Cherokee.

In short he is imaginary and a ficklement of my imagination. 

"Forgot to mention not well." You just did it for me. Thank you Cherokee. "Welcome."

There will only be comments as needed for the images. I did not include the drawing alone since it was done over. It has changed a bit. Hah! Fooled Ya. All coloring is done with Copic markers. Here is the first image:
 (I colored the eyes because I was experiencing some bleed from the new marker. (E79))
 
As we progress you will notice that I am coloring from dark colors to light instead of the other way around. I find that by doing this I can blend and fade the darker colors more evenly and easily.

 

 Be careful to use the darker color (R01) only in the area that would be Shaded darkest. When the next shade (R00) is used, Color over the first and extend it to the next area that would be lighter than the first. Use this technique on all colors for skin tones.

The next color (R000) also is colored over existing colors and extends the shading process. Be sure to color over the eyebrows but not the lips or the whites of the eyes.

The final skin shading (R0000) will be to color all skin areas. Notice that all sharp lines are eliminated and the dark shading has been softened.
Next the lips are colored in (R83 & 85) and some eye liner (T8 & E17) added.
Color the eyebrows (T5) and add detail with Multiliner 0.05 pen. Lighten with (0) blender pen.
Add hair color (T4, 5, 7, 8) and detail with Multiliner pen. Add some eye shading (BV000, BV0000 - BV34 - C0, C1)
Finish coloring the hair with the gray markers and adding details with the pen.
Touch up where needed and it is finished.....or is it? "Looks like lady on insurance commercial." Hmmm. A little. DW wife says too much hair. "Maybe she have big head!" I can't change the hair. Copic does not erase that completely. It will show. "Start over? Not be in room with Irish if work on this one again. Maybe not just mumble next time." Wait a minute! This is my artwork. I can do what I want with it. "Delete and forget?" Nope! Used my photo editing program and Here is the final result.
If you managed to stay with us (ME) to this point, thank you. Hope you  liked the abbreviated tutorial. Not all steps are covered but the main ones are. If you know of anyone that got bored and gave up, I apologize. Complaints are handled by Cherokee. He is a ficklement of my imagination so you can guess what happens to the complaint. Remember, if it doesn't work out, laugh about it, but always LOVE THE DETAILS.
Whew! Glad that is done. Stop typing. "OK! Just Publish"

40 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job! I hope this encourages you to keep going with your drawing! Great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, turned out beautifully. I like that you added eyeliner. Sounds as if darling wife will be cast out of work area. LOL I had to laugh. Her skin looks wonderful and I like the lip job, too. I think the shading around the nose area looks great. I'm sure this took PATIENCE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finish!!!!!!!!!!! She's just beautiful and love the way you did the dark colors first for her skin tones. I'll have to try that to see if I can get it to blend better now. Great shading and her lips and eyes steal the show. She's a beauty and you can be very proud of yourself. Now, we need to see more!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really admire your wonderful work and this is no exception I enjoyed watching her evolve .......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colouring, and edited she looks even more stunning. I loved the stage when you put the second lot of colour on her eyebrows, but before you coloured her hair.
    Blessings
    Maxine
    P.S. Cherokee keep commenting ;-) I love your humour

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief, do you draw/colour for a living? Your artistic skills are incredible and I'm so envious. I'd be lucky if I could draw a straight line with a ruler!! I would have loved to have seen the pencil drawing, bet it was soft and spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's absolutely gorgeous! Wow!!! Her skin is so soft looking and her eyes are amazing. Beautiful work. Hope you keep going. You're very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love watching the step by step.. Wonderful coloring of this image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful, love the way you colour your images. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful work of Art, I love all the colour detail
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY!!!! Gorgeous! You are so talented! Love the step by step progress. You are patient!

    Perfection...um....we won't go there. :-) Have a TERRIFIC Thursday!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is a wonderful portrait, which you brought life wonderfully with your amazing shading and colouring. Thanks for the step by step. Lol love your split personality.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lady on the insurance commercial never looked this good and she's annoying anyway! lol The beginning photo posted yesterday reminded me of Jill and I was certain it was her but you fooled me good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful!!! Love the step by step pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous thanks for the tutorial so helpful the finished image is so special just loved the build up Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a great artist, Love the coloring and expressions you captured on this portrait, Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so good love the step by step instructions! have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning how you have transformed her step by step! I was amazed by the beauty that was revealed step by step as you added the layers of shades and colors to her, much like our personalities when you get to know someone. Your finished piece is stunning, thank you for sharing how you got there. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job. Love the eyes! The first bit about perfection was just what I needed. I am working hard with myself with this. But I am slowly coming to the point that I am exactly as I should be and that's a good feeling.

    Have a lovely weekend
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked seeing the photos of this as you added colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, thanks! You made that easy to follow! I love the image! I like how the image comes to life as you progress with each step! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful result, great step by step illustration of how you got there!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your colouring is amazing and the finished picture looks stunning! Thanks for sharing your talent - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just found your very interesting blog and so decide to join your following. I will be coming back. Christine n

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for your visit and comment in my blog.
    Your blog is amazing.
    Urška

    ReplyDelete
  26. yThis is truly expert and the woman is gorgeous! Looks like me! Okay, I'm delusional. Jim, You do great stuff with copics, and thanks for the tutorial. I love looking at it but probably won't take on a monumental task such as this anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow--I'm amazed, Jim! I don't even attempt coloring people, but I love seeing what can be done by people like you. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You did such a great job with this image Jim! Wow. If I did a tutorial showing my coloring you would bust out laughing or shake your head and wonder - seriously. Love the comments on perfection. You have so many strengths on both sides of your brain. Hugz to you and Jill! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful!!!! I love how you softened the coloring with editing program! You have created a masterpiece! Quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this tutorial! I need to try this for skin tones!!!! Your prose as always makes me smile! As for perfectionism I always say it doesn't exist and what a boring world it would be if it did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You certainly made her come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know I am saying "Oh Wow" as I scrolled down each picture. That is some fantastic shading & blending. I'm still awed that you did the sketch, then colored it to perfection. I don't know what Insurance lady she resembles, but she is one beautiful lady. The hair looks so very realistic - which is often hard to achieve I think. But the skin tones, even down to the lipstick and eye shadow...gosh - this is just phenomenal. Not enough accolades for the drawing and perfection in coloring too. She looks as though she is just about to speak! As usual, enjoyed the thoughts of the beginning post. We don't have to worry about perfection here at our house!!! TFS & have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is amazing! Not too much hair at all. Wish I had that much hair!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful vibrant face, thanks for sharing the progress:-)
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so much for sharing the progression of your work with us...I think she turned out beautifully!
    Also, thank you for your kind comments on my blog! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great photo spread - your skill at shading is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing the details. (And here's to ficklement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like the abridged tutorial, quick and easy to understand. I too go darkest to lightest. It gets a better blending that way I think. Is that not the approved way? Are we renegades foraging our own way in this crazy world?!

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMGorgeous, Jim! Watching this initially 'flat' image come to 3-D beautiful life was a such a treat; a journey into your creative process! Your gifts and talents are amazing; inspired, inspiring...While the final image is incredibly stunning, its the one that shows us the coloured in lips and softened shading that takes my breath away. At that point, the 'transformation' of breathing life into your image becomes so evidence. In awe, Jim...absolute awe!!
    Blessings~c

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.