Pages

Followers

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014 Patience

The reward of patience is not in the here and now but in what is to be.

Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself. - Saint Francis de Sales

All things worth having are worth waiting for. A road is not paved with out first preparing a foundation for it. Life is no different. Whether we notice or even see our lives before us progressing matters little if patience is not a practiced exercise. Anything gained without patience will not be worth anything if not prepared properly. Life is especially so. Our artwork is one of those special areas that requires patience to learn and there is always a time of preparedness before creation begins. Many of you have expressed the thought that maybe you should have more patience when doing certain projects. In reality it often takes many tries to get a creative project right even when you have great skill and experience. "On the other hand the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trustfulness, gentleness and self-control; no law can touch such things as these."

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Ga 5:22–23). New York: Doubleday.


This will be a very short teaser post. I am not commenting right now but will return when my project is finished. I have long wanted to do an image from scratch. I have tried before but always failed miserably. The cave painting mentioned in the last post would be a good example of the kind of results attained. I have already decided on a drawing and still have to work through a few problems. but it is getting there. I am including the drawing in this post but nothing else. The hair is missing since it is the toughest part to do and I have not settled on and style as of yet. 
A side profile would definitely be easier to do but would not have the same effect in my opinion. I am currently on my third attempt.The first, first stage, attempt is shown here.


Not enough of a tease? OK here is the final sample. After all I don't want to totally give away what she might look like. This is the third stage of coloring. It will give a very slight hint as to what she will look like.



 Well, as promised, a very short post. Remember, always Love the Details. I will post again when the project is finished.













15 comments:

  1. It's going to be a beauty!!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful already :) Your shading is great! My granny used to say that the hardest part about patience is the waiting! It took me years to figure out what she was saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have no patience!!! Hurry up and finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. You are definitely skillful with that pencil. Can't wait to see the next stage. You are also very brave!!! I think it will be beautiful. Thanks, as always- for insightful post. Very apt in our world today (and good reminder to me as well). Tx for the prayers for our blog friend, and if all of us are sending prayers upward, a miracle could be given. The fact that so many in Blogland can pull together for a common cause is something of a miracle too, & hope things are going well for the 2 of you also! And that 4th of July was a good holiday for your family. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sneak peeks have piqued my appetite for more! I'll join those others who are inviting you to 'please, hurry up!' Truly, we are waiting patiently, while you create, with patience, for what will be a most gorgeous finished project. These initial colourings are already magical....Blessings~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jim you blow me away with your drawings I can't wait to see the end result :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be patiently standing by and sure it will be worth the wait. It has taken me many years to learn to be patient. Not perfect, yet, but still working on it. MUCH better than I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I know who this is just by the mouth :) NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely lady! Can't wait to see her finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your wise words about patience - it is something I am gradually cultivating. your lade looks intriguing.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am missing out on some of your posts I don't see how to follow by email............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like I previously commented, you are patient! I think I am backwards in the patient department. As I have got older I am less as I would have thought I would have been more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I certainly have to work on patience- it was not inherited : ) Thanks for your beautiful write up- and I also love the painting. I have the worst time coloring from dark to light....I am taking a class and learning light to dark, then back dark to light. I am learning alot- just need more hours in the day : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your lady dart work always brightens my day! I learn something each time I visit as I am a crafter but not much of an "artist". Love seeing your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You drew this? It is amazing! Your talent just goes on and on!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.