Pages

Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Just a Quick Post

Today was a solemn memorial to the tragedy of 9-11. It was a day of tribute to the brave as well as a day of remembrance of the innocent victims. For this reason this will be a very short post with little rhetoric, no shout outs, just a card and the images used. 

The stencil I used is a new and unused 12" X 12" size. After tracing it I reduced it to card size, slightly over 4" X 5". 


The image was trimmed and mounted on a piece of paper from my stash that was left over. Those were mounted on a piece of burgandy card stock, also from my stash. Six gems from Crystal Stickers were added, three in the upper left and three in the lower right corners. This is the result. 


Copic Colors
Eyes: E44, E13, T7
Hair: W7, W5, W3, W1, Black 0.05 Multiliner
Skin & Lips: E000, E00, E01, E21, E53, RV00
Feathers: 100, BG57, BG02, Lt Gray 0.05 Multiliner 
Leather: E35, E39
Flowers: V09, V15, BV02, E42, Y17, G17, G03, G05
Head Band: R46, E04

The inside of the card is a Native American Prayer. I am not sure where the feather is from but this particular one may have been from a happy package. Sorry I put things like this in a general baggie since my storage space is very limited.


I also created a negative image of the tracing that I think is really cool. I would like to enter this in Darnell's Challenge. (There is a typo in the sentiment that I will correct later.Word should be world.)



That is it. Hope you like the results. Remember..to..Love The Details.

19 comments:

  1. Wow this is fab your colouring is just amazing its stunning Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very fitting way to remember the day (and IMHO, much better than all the stuff we've seen on tv. But just MY opinion of course) Brilliant idea to use the stencil to create your design that you've colored so magnificently. It is just marvelous. The prayer is one we need to all read & take to heart. TFS & ya'll enjoy the weekend. Best to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love your coloring on this and the feather on the inside is just the right touch.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim I am LOVING this post, and the prayer is especially special...thank you...xx
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stencil - You are one of the only people I know who could color something like this so well. Wonderful inside. We were both channeling Indian feels/sentiments to our creations this week - how great is that. I have missed you and hope you are doing super well my friend. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tribute Lovely work.......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. You colored this image so beautifully! As always Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, Jim! Beautiful prayer--thank you for sharing it. Hope things are going well for you & Jill. Hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful prayer! There's nothing quite like a walk in the woods to draw us nearer to Him. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely STUNNING, Jim!
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jim what a wonderful card and post!!!! Love the prayer you shared too!! So good to see two posts! I hope you and Jill are well. Big hugs! Jill2

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card, good luck on the challenge too, I saw Jill entered too!
    sorry for my long absences, not much time to come and visit...but I have you in my thoughts...
    hugs from california
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy (belated) Birthday Jim - some how I missed this poignant post... beautifully coloured image, and I also love the way you have used the negative too - stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Jim, this is beautiful. And such a lovely text too.
    Love the negative too. It looks like she has a bit of a twinkle in her eye!
    Hope you and yours have been well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy (belated) birthday as well, Jim. Jill mentioned it on her blog, so I wanted to wish you a wonderful birthday month (that we share). You continue to bless us in so many ways, and I love this new piece of art. Wow, the coloring is amazing! Yes, 9/11 will always be a day to remember with great heartache, and may never forget and always cherish our freedom here in America. I love the new photo and didn't realize you were a birder. Have you ever watched the online feed to the Berry College eagles? They are just now returning to the next (mom and dad Berry), and last year was our first time seeing the eggs hatch and eagles fledge. We l earned a lot. Hope you get to visit, and they also have several times a year bluebirds too. What a delight God has given us with so many beautiful creatures. (Just Google Berry College Eagles, and they have Livestream 24/7 with two cameras.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really a stunning work of art and beautiful words, as well! One can't ask for more than that. Thank you so much for entering my NBUS Challenge #5, Jim! I'm sorry I'm so late getting to you. Playing nursemaid really does cut into my blogging time, but that's what life had/has in store for us for a few weeks and we are going with it. Thank you for your prayers! I'm pleased to say there is now slight improvement every day! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the words and the image. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.