Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Living Life

Living life is a journey extraordinaire through time and eternity. - A quote from my book

The journey through life takes untold twists and turns. In some ways it is good we cannot plot a path that is without any trials or pit falls, broken promises, disappointments or any other downside to the journey. Without them there would be no way to recognize the joys and pleasures we encounter. Surprises would not be known if all were smooth and even. Our joy would not be great if our sorrows were not deep. All things have a price that requires us to experience the opposites of everything in life, to know the depth of their experience. Sometimes we tell ourselves we can avoid those hard times. Often it is only avoiding what will inevitably be. Sometimes we dive into something because it is what we want and not what would be. What our lives are can only be controlled in part but we can live each day and be thankful we have it at all. Life not savored for the moment is not lived fully. Living for dreams we do not have, in fact may never have, is folly. The most wonderful times are the moments lived as they occur. They are precious. They will not come again in exactly the same way ever again.

Before we can begin the journey we must recognize that Jesus knocked first and invited you to join him and share your journey with him. If you accept, all you need to do is knock and he will answer, ask and you will receive. (New International Version. (1984). (Mt 7:7–8). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.  “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.It is not a guarantee of no hard knocks but a promise of life to its fullest.

It is time for a few of the people I follow. I have been lax in visiting of late but I want to recognize a few of those that I do visit when I can. Please leave a little love with a comment if you visit.

Annette is from Sweden and quite an excellent card creator. Her coloring is exceptional and her cards are very artistic and well done. Be sure to look at her previous cards to get some idea of how talented she is. Her skills are considerable.

Valerie is an artist in every sense of the word. Many of her pieces are her own work, not just stamps or stencils. To top that off she is also a very good photographer. I enjoy seeing all of her work and sharing. I think you will as well.

Janis is a cat lover from the western U.S. She has a good sense of humor and is a great card creator. She is out where all of the fires are right now and I am sure she will appreciate a visit and a whole bunch of encouragement. You will like seeing her cards and her photography.

All I can say at this time is Hooraaay. The painting is DONE.  I gave up trying to keep track of the hours this thing took. NO I will not be promising to finish another one of these. The detail in this is not readily apparent in the finished work but most of it was done through a magnifying glass. Here it is in all of its weary completeness.

            
Here are a few close up views of the detail work. The fine work is not as visible as I would like since some of the colors were so close to matching they gave me fits.

             


The canvas is 20" X 16". That makes some of the detail on it VERY small. Straight lines at my age are very difficult so there aren't many to be found. LOL. Was it worth it? You decide.

One more thing to share. Jill and I passed our 52nd wedding anniversary the end of last month. This is what I gave her as a rememberance.


This is the saying:


The tree has a carving in it. Here it is.


I hope you enjoyed your visit. My days are full and so is my heart. Your are all ever in my heart and in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for your visit and my God bless you all.

Remember to always Love The Details.

16 comments:

  1. WOW! You finished it and it's AMAZING! Maybe the details aren't evident but they all blend together so perfectly! You done good my friend! And what a lovely gift for your lovely bride! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every second you spent on that painting was worth it! WOW! Sensational and so detail. I wish I was living in that home too. It's just absolutely beautiful and you did a wonderful job on it. A treasure!
    Your gift to Jill is so pretty - and priceless too. Hope y'all had a wonderful anniversary and have many more to come.
    Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. 52 years of amazement and blessings! Congratulations to both of you - not many people get to say they have been with their love for that long :) Dh and I are going on 30 years - may we be as blessed as you! Your painting is out of this world amazing! I would love to know the hours, LOL. It's so colorful and fresh and vivid - like looking out a window and seeing it IRL . Magnificent work!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God to see you around again, and congrats on your anniversary, that's a long time to be happy together. Your finished paining is wonderful, well done on sticking to it. Thanks for the shout out, too.
    Have a good start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim-I for one would not have liked to have seen my life journey mapped out in front of me,because i know If I had known at times what was to come in my life I would have indeed turned and taken a different path for sure,that would have led me to a different place and would not have given me the opportunities that I have had and would not have let me meet the people I have been lucky enough to meet along this path :)
    WOW!What patience you have,and what a work of art!Beautiful :).
    Your gift to Jill is beautiful,and what heartfelt words-congratulations to you both,52 years is an amazing milestone together.Love to you both.
    Nessa xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim it is good to visit you again - love the painting, i think it was worrth the work - the waves are amazing. Your word of wisdom remind me that "if we fail to plan, we plan to fail!"
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jim, this is one of the most beautiful posts ever! First of all, congratulations to you and Jill in celebrating your love for 52 years...praise God! What a beautiful saying at the bottom of the photo, and how precious that the tree is carved! Sigh! Love is beautiful! And what an absolutely gorgeous paint! Congratulations, and it's exquisite in every way. The details are amazing, and it must be breath-taking in real life. Ah, and I love the thoughts you've shared about life. So very true, my friend. Without the ups and downs of life, we've be like robots and not know the depths of sorrow compared to the greatest heights of joy. And it's all God's design for us. Yes, trials are hard, but oh they draw us closer to Him...and that's true Joy! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post today...I love it. Sending hugs and love to you and Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a romantic the detail in the tree and the verse shows how much you love her...Your gift to Jill stole all the glory from the finished painting which is beautiful <<<<<<<<<<<<<Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your link at another blog where I was commenting, so it was easy to skip over to enjoy this beautiful post today. First, Congratulations on (1)the 52 anniversary (2)finishing this awesome artistic work. It truly is something to behold, and I can just guess how happy you are to say "Finished". It's well worth all your efforts & is a masterpiece. I'm with Lis, that your 2nd share stole the show, and the poetry grabbed at the heartstrings. How very well put for the lives shared this long. I'm sure some tears were shed when DW read this. Also, enjoyed the thoughts shared at the top of the post about sorrow & joy. Each is in every life, and how much would we appreciate the Joys, if we didn't have some of the sorrows. And yes, no promises of an easy life, just an eternal one. Glad I saw the link - which made me come visit. Hope ya'll had a grand holiday weekend. Blessings to you both..and again, big Congratulations. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a post so much to read and all fabulous. Well that painting really was a labour of love but what a masterpiece to treasure you should be very proud of yourself its just amazing. Yourr anniversary words are just perfect and 52 years is certainly a great achievement in this modern world Thank you for sharing such special things today love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow! Once again you've left me speechless. The painting is beyond stunning, so is your gift to Jill and the words of the post.
    Much love, hugs and immense blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, the painting looks incredible!! So much detail and perfectly done. Was so interesting seeing it being done in stages, really makes me appreciate your talent and patience. Your anniversary present to your wife is wonderful, what a beautiful saying and love the carving in the tree. You two truly must be a match made in Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish that everyone looking at this could see this in real life. It is amazing. I KNOW how many, MANY hours this took you to do. And how you actually used a magnifying glass and teeny tiny paintbrush to use this! I've always known that you had more patience than I do. This project really proved that! Thank you for the nice words that you said...Love You much...Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jim what an AMAZING accomplishment this beautiful painting is! I love the detail on the water and lighthouse and trees etc! I am so impressed! And Congratulations to you and Jill on 52 Years together! What a true blessing it is to be able to share a lifetime of togetherness through all of life's joys and trials! May you have many, many more years together! God bless and keep you both!!!! Hugs - Jill2

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neither of you look old enough to have been married 52 years--a huge congratulations & wishes for a very blessed year! Such a wonderful remembrance--I know Jill treasures it. I had to gasp when I saw the finished painting--oh what an amazing job you did, Jim! I could never have taken on such a project & I totally understand you saying never again, but I'm voting that it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job with the painting. Straight lines are overrated LOL. Congrats on 52 years. Now that's an achievement!! Love the remembrance picture. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.