Pages

Followers

Saturday, December 19, 2015

In Time For Christmas

Hope comes in many ways but all give joy to the Spirit and a belief in the possibilities of the future. 

These past two months have been a trial by fire in many ways. The loss of my computer. The aggravation of restoring everything that was lost (Yes I religiously back everything up every day), Reloading all of the programs that were on it and dealing with the companies involved and the registrations. That followed with a loss of telephone service and the DSL that was carried over that same line and dealing with a telephone company that for the most part has become insensitive to customer service is disheartening and frustrating. I was beginning to think I was supposed to just give it all up and get off the net. Through the anger, frustration and hopelessness there is the knowledge that Christ has come and defeated our advisary. In this season of remembrance and joy of His birth and the grace he brings to us with forgiveness, He has triumphed and we are the recipients of that gift. I hear of the struggles and trials all around me. There is great strength in humility and steadfast belief in Christ for all who believe in His word and His example. It all began on the day of His birth and carried on for 2000 years. 

I have been given a ministry of prayer. There are several hundred in the "One Day At A Time" prayer book and they are prayed for every day. I have also been given a blog to witness and encourage others with. Both are part and parcel of His work. That includes the art and cards that you stop by to see. It has been expressed that the blog is different in many ways. All I can say is Thank You Lord. It is His work, not mine. It is an honor to be back and share as well as encourage those who visit this humble endeavor. 

Today I would like to share two cards received. One is an old birthday card from my sister and brother-in-law. It is one of those cards that sing when you open it. 


I considered including the sound file from the inside of the card but it is annoying if it plays too long so it is not included.


The sound byte is a LOOOOONNGG single high note. ANNOYING) I thought it was worth a chuckle or two to show the inside and comment. 

The next card was just received from Em Fairly from Creative EM. 


Thank you Em. You did a beautiful job with the card. My photo is a bit on the yellow side but, in person it is perfect.

That will be it until the cards I created and sent out get to their recipients. Thank you for being patient with me and thank you for your visits. I will be trying to visit as many of you as possible in the next day or two. If I do not get to you, have an exceptionally Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and remember to always Love The Details.




   

12 comments:

  1. Love these cards, that fat lady singing did make me smile, I want to wish you a joyful and blessed Christmas
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back Jim - and having persevered through all sorts of difficulties :-) We are about to go onto fibre cable this week, (from copper) so I hope the change over is trouble-free. Thanks ofr sharing the cards - the top one must have been fun to receive!!
    Christmas blessings to you and Jill
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ministry to the Lord is in singing ( not a fat lady )
    Hope and Jill have a blessed season with loved ones surrounding you

    MERRY CHRISTMAS

    lIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those cards! I would like to wish you a blessed and joyful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jim--So nice to hear from you. Wishing you & Jill a peaceful, blessed holiday. I did get a kick out of that BD card & can just imagine the annoying song! Glad you've got your internet & phone back. Take care, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jim, glad you got the tehnology issues sorted. That fat lady card is a riot. Hope you have a very happy xmas and best wishes for 2016. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your frustration on the loss of the computer and all apps. UGH! Glad you stuck with it and are now back on.

    Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi IC...a timely post reminding us to quell the annoyances that can so often surface - particularly this time of year, when everyone is rushed. I'm glad you got the tech problems all sorted, without too much lasting irritation. And I do know what that can be, when the providers seem to know less than the customer does, and doesn't really care anyway! It's good for all of us to remember what this time of year truly represents, and all the other stuff is just 'schtuff'. TFS the cute card and the pretty card. I enjoyed both of them. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year...TFS & Hugs to the both of you. Hope that 2016 brings all that is needed at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jim, Beautiful and funny creations love your images. We only just got back from vacation and thought I'd have a bit of a play with images. I wasn't going to publish till the new year but accidentally pressed publish instead of draft so here I am....no more though till the 1st January. Have a wonderful Christmas and hugs to you...xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy that there are prayer warriors and no doubt many have been blessed and helped by your prayers! DH and I have gone through many frustrating times this year too, seems like the enemy knows his end is near. May your Christmas be filled with peace and joy together with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cool. That singing fat lady caught my eye. I'm glad she didn't catch my ear as well. That sounds a little painful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Jim, computers are wonderful when they work, but they sure can be frustrating when they don't. I trust all is now settled. I got such a giggle out of your birthday card and know that it must have delighted you. What a beautiful card by Em. She's talented. Well, as you can see by the way, I am still wading through emails, but I wish you and Jill a blessed year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.