Pages

Followers

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Comfort

 If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom, and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. W. Somerset Maugham

https://www.brainyquote.com

Psalms are a place to find comfort. My favorite is the 23rd Psalm in the King James bible.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

He leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I willfear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runeth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: andI will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I use many versions of the bible (20+) along with their study guides and a host of resources that were put together over many years. Here are some more Psalms to read on comfort. Psalm 46:1-3, 138:7, 18:2, 22:24, 37:24, 37:39, 55:22, 9:9, 3:31-33, 27:14. Also Nahum 1:7, John 16:33, Matthew 11:28, 2 Corinthians 1:5, Lamentations 3:31-33.

Note: If there is a subject you would like to have me write about please let me know. These posts are prepared at least a few weeks in advance to allow for research as needed.

This is the final Precious Moments image colored.


The Copic colors are:


The Copic in the lower left corner is B63. There was a glare from somewhere. The skin has a yellow tinge to it which is not the case in the image itself.

That is it for this post. Remember to "Love The Details." Be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 23 has always been one of my favorites too... and of course, the image is beautifully colored... they always are.
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summerset Maugham certainly summed that up so accurately... our only goal that gives us blessing, and eternal security, is the Lord and a relationship with him!!
    Beautiful colouring Jim
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.