Pages

Followers

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Coping

 
This past week has been hard on both Jill and I. We have faced many lost friends in the past, some of them close. This time it was close to home, literally. We became close to the couple next door. Her husband passing so suddenly was a shock to her mental and physical being. She comes to us when she needs to talk and let loose. There is a lot going on and none of it is fun. Jill and I want her to have someone to vent with that will not judge either of them. I often wish there were someone close to be able to do that with. She is a sweet, beautiful  person. Jill and I think she is strong and will get through this in time. It will take time. That is enough on the subject for now.  

My message is simple. The 23rd Psalm. Many of you know it but if not read it. It is comforting and reassuring. It helps ground you in what is important. 

Today I am sharing another Floral Princess image. This image was a 4x6 that was a challenge because of its size. Much of the detail is too small to capture. This image was done with Artisoft water color pencils.


The colors are;  Purple, Emerald Green, Magenta, Grey, Light Peach, Peach and Yellow Ochre. I do not have many water color pencils so this was something different for me. It turned out decent. Next week I will share the follow-up that is an 8.5 x 11 inch done with Copics. Until then may the good Lord bless and keep you safe. Remember to always "Love The Details."

6 comments:

  1. To listen to your neighbours heart, and support her, is the most important and Christlike thing you can do for her, Jim (and Jill).
    https://www.incourage.me/2023/05/to-love-is-to-listen.html
    Loving your colouring of that pretty image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image, as always, is beautifully colored. I'm holding you, Jill and your neighbor in heart and prayer. I may not be physically close to you, but I am always here for you. Ping me an email and we can get together within moments whever you need/ want to.
    Love you both more than you know
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you are there for your neighbour, Jim, that's very important for her just now. The 23rd Psalm is really beautiful, I remember having to learn it by heart when i was about 6, and I haven't forgotten it. But don't ask me what I had for breakfast this morning! Your image is wonderful, love it. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out more than decent - it's stunning! WOW! So beautiful!!
    I know it's hard but I'm so glad you're there for your neighbor.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am mesmerized by your coloring with another media. The face looks so real and the gorgeous color of the dress is well done. You even preserved the lace in the veil! SO happy to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing a loved one/friend the natural way is hard enough, but to lose a loved one/friend in this way is even harder. I'm sure this poor woman has guilt of maybe not seeing or doing more, though it isn't any thing she could have done. I'm so happy she has you and Jill to vent too, she needs that and she needs exactly the non judgmental support that you are both giving to her. Thank you for that! She will get through this with the help of good people like you and Jill. They always say it takes a tribe to raise a child, well it takes a tribe of understanding people to help a widow get through her/his loss too. Psalm 23 is very comforting and reassuring I agree!

    Your colored image is just so pretty. Love the soft lacy look of the purple dress! Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.