Pages

Followers

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Death

I am writing this post on Sunday the 30th of April. Once again a death of a friend has entered my life. This time it is my neighbor of two years. He was only in his thirties but we became close friends in those two years. He was a man searching for the Lord and a church to attend where he could help others and volunteer his services. He found that Church about a month ago. We often sat and talked about God, Jesus and what it meant to be Christian. He and his wife wanted to to have children with his wife but were unable to. He was eager to make a place for himself and his love for his wife was obvious. He had one problem. He was a recovering drug addict. It caused many roadblocks that he worked hard to overcome. I admired him and came to love him in his enthusiasm and sincerity. Three days ago he overdosed in a motel room. His wife says he had been depressed for several weeks for reasons unknown. His wife and sister came over to tell us the sad news. No-one knows why he overdosed but he left a wife who loves him and knew him from childhood and two dogs. There is a hole in our lives now with no answers as to why it happened. I talked to him the day before and he was looking forward to going to the replica of noah's ark and a Christian theater production we had told him about. There were no indications of what was coming. This is life in the Christian world at times. It is hard to even concentrate right now. I just wanted to let the faithful people who view this blog know why there is no image this week. I will post an image next week. 

May the good Lord bless and keep you safe until then. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jim - I hear your hurt and bewilderment - such a difficult time for you and those who loved him, and who were also loved by him.
    Prayers and blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so sorry. Continued prayers for all of you.
    Love, hugs and blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim, I'm so sorry to hear that your friend died, that's sad.I hope you are keeping well, hugs, Valerie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read this Jim. I know he treasured your friendship and love. Addiction is something very hard to overcome. Sending you and Jill hugs.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jim, this post saddens me so much! I can hear the hurt and sadness in you as well. I am so thankful you were this man's neighbor for the past two years, that was not by accident I assure you! God knew where and by who to place this man so that he could come closer to the Lord. So I'm glad this man had you to talk to him about God, Jesus and what it meant to be a Christian. My prayers are with his family and friends as you all navigate this very hard journey. It sure hurts the heart when losing someone so young. Prayers, blessings and love to all, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.