Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Remembered

I am not sent to be remembered when I die. When I die few shall mourn but those who mourn shall themselves be mourned by many upon their death. I am sent for those that shall be remembered and therein shall I be remembered. Honor falls not in life but in death that brings life.

copyrighted        

The quote from my book is a statement of how I view being remembered. It is not a matter of feeling important or of making an impact on those around me. It is the importance of just living a life that may only be seen by a very a few in a way that makes a difference in their lives however small. Everyone affects others in some way. Whom can you look back to in your life that affected you in such a way that your view of your life changed and yet they are no longer a part of your life? How long were they a part of your life? I had one individual in junior high school that was in special education that was not a part of everyday life for me. He was always jubilant and everything was a wonder to him. He would come to me when he was excited because he knew I would listen and be excited with him. He was often teased when he was this way. That teasing was carried too far one day and he had a fatal seizure. I was devastated at his passing. It was a huge loss to me even though we didn't have a lot of contact like normal friends. To this day this individual lives in my heart and memory even though it has been over 60 years. It isn't the big things in life that are important but the seemingly little things that matter. Some of the most insignificant instances are the most significant times in our lives. When we truly live in the moment, the moment becomes a lifetime. 

To day I would like to share an image that was a challenge. The skin color was obviously not a light shade. This was an image I have had for some time and pulled from Pinterest. The artist signed his work in the lower right but I can't read it. Again this is only an exercise in coloring. The images will not be used for any other purpose.


   Copic Colors
Eyes - E23
Lips - R11
Skin - E30, E31, E53
Hair - T5, T3, T1
Blouse - E19, E33
Ear Rings - Wink of Stella Silver

The ear rings turned out to be a bit much but still worked out well. The skin tone also worked out well although a bit blotchy when photographed. The actual image is very smooth complected. I hope you like the results. Remember to always "Love The Details."

5 comments:

  1. Yes, so often life's momentous memories are made in minute moments - moments we have no idea that will be so important for the future. Thank you for your observations Jim.
    Love your colouring of the image - that is stunning!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words. You have coloured the image really fabulously! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always very thought provoking. You know I love how you colored that picture. Those are something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious... you, your words, and your coloring xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment today, Jim! I have just spent a long time catching up with you all the way back to here. You and I would spend long hours talking on the porch if we were neighbors. There wouldn't be a lot of debating going on, however, as we are so like-minded. So, of course, I totally agree with all your commentaries and observations, lol! I'm sorry I have been so absent. I could swear that I checked in here not that long ago and it opened to a post that was very old, so I assumed you were not blogging. I have no idea what I clicked on to make that happen, but I'm glad you wrote because that prompted me to come check again. How lovely to see all your cards and the beautiful artwork you have kindly sent to me. Your recent inlaid works are incredible! Like jigsaw puzzles, but oh so much more fun and gratifying! I've noticed the subscribe button so I signed up and hopefully now I won't miss too many of your delightful and thought-provoking posts! Take care and keep safe! Love and hugs to you and Jill, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.