Pages

Followers

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Sin & Repentance

 The wonderful news is that our Lord is a God of mercy, and He responds to repentance. Billy Graham

Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com

How true. Living in our denial of sin is counter to being repentant. NO ONE is without sin. It is why we should never judge another for the mistakes they make.(Mt 7:1, Lk 6:37) To do so would bring judgement on us that could be harsher than the one we judge would suffer. It is like saying we are not sinners. We have not been given the right to fudge the living and the dead. That has been given to Christ.(Acts 17:31, 2 Timothy 4:1, John 5:22, 1 Peter 4:5, Romans 14:9) It is important to go into this season and holiday of Christmas with a heart of repentance to fully appreciate what the birth of Christ means. Without that birth we would not have the grace of forgiveness that we cannot earn by any works. Only ask and repent, turn away from the sin and change your heart in the knowledge you are forgiven. The Christmas season is a time when a new birth has come to change the heart of mankind into something better and more pure. Truly this is a greater gift than any that may be under the tree. It is a child that is pure of heart and selfless of spirit come to bless any that would embrace the grace Yahweh is offering to all people. The joy of the season is all around us with light displays, gift buying, parties with all manner of celebrations. How much of this really matters if it does not recognize the reason for the season? I enter this season with head hung low in the realization the child whose birth we celebrate will grow up to be crucified on a cross for me, that I may be forgiven for my sins. It is only right that I honor the gift of His life and death for my sins by repenting of any sins in my life. No present under the tree means as much to me. How do you view the Christmas season?

I am not sure the image where the image I am sharing with you is from but I thought it was a cute love image. Enjoy!


Copic colors:  
The Girl: Clothing -YR24, R30 - Hair - E35
The Boy: Clothing B45, B28, B32, E39 - Hair - E35
Mail Box: W2, 100, R29, E87, Wink of Stella Silver
Grass & Vines: G14, G17, R81, Y08

That is it for this post. Snow is on the way. It is not looked forward to since it means shoveling. Stay safe wherever you are and have a happy holiday. Remember to always "Love The Details".

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this today! TFS! Your image is adorable too and colored so well. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such heartfelt words and a gorgeous image. Stay safe and warm, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.