Pages

Followers

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Solitude

 

Solitude is strength; to depend on the presence of the crowd is weakness. The man who needs a mob to nerve him is much more alone than he imagines. Paul Brunton
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com


I must admit that I am not a person who enjoys crowds of any kind. Solitude is a place of quiet meditation, a place of healing. It is the place Jesus sought at the end of each day to renew his bond with His father in heaven. (Mk 1:35) It is a place where strength can be found to settle the soul, to gain insight into the place we occupy in this life. It is a place where we can put aside the business and strife of everyday life and find peace outside those places that distract us from what is important. Solitude provides a place where the state of mind can go from chaotic to peaceful and serene. Solitude should not be feared but embraced as a place for the soul to renew it's contact with Yahweh. My DW has often said of me that I would have made a good Monk. It is not denied that solitude has been and is important to me. It has been the one place that is a calm and peaceful refuge in a world that is not. It is often the place that these posts are created and refined. It is not a place to hide from reality but to stop and reflect on what is the true reality. The pace at which we live does not always provide the luxury of peace and quiet. It is often required of us to find that place where we can just stop, shut out the world, be still and listen in the silence of solitude. I often put ear plugs in to shut out the noise. There are many places in scripture where Jesus sought solitude to pray. (Mk 14:22-25, Mk 6:45-46, Lk 5:16, Lk22:41, Jn 22:41 from the New Jerusalem Bible) I am in good company. 

Today I would like to share a house mouse image. 


Copic Colors:  V0000, RV00, R43, Y23, Y28, BG11, BG18, E41, E43, E50, E71, E84

That is it for this post. Please stay safe, wear your masks and social distance. More and more people around us are falling victim to COVID. I get increasing numbers of prayer requests for it. Don't become a statistic. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. God bless. Remember to always "Love The Details." 

6 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful, Jim - and I love your wise words. I am one who craves others and surround myself with people and just love to chat chat chat! My husband loves his solitude and quiteness :) Love your House Mouse coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house mouse piece is wonderful! Stay safe and healthy, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that I too crave solitude, but also love spending time with those I love, including you two, so it's a delicate balance. Your house mouse is a treasure, as are both of you.
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haved never had a problem being alone even as a child I was happier playing alone . I love your image and it brought to the front to wash wash wash your hands .............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Honey, and you know I love all your coloring! Love Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring on that image is fabulous, Jim.

    I am not having any difficulty with the solitude part of C-19 - I love my alone time as well. Lovely words and thoughts, Jim. I really love the top quote as well. So true. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.