Pages

Followers

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Who Am I?

 


At this time of year many are rushing to get the shopping done, presents wrapped, the tree up and decorated, the lights up on the house and all manner of holiday preparations done. This year is not like any other year I can remember for any of the holidays that were celebrated. This year much time has been suddenly placed in our laps with no prior warning or fanfare. It has posed a problem of identity for many people, a place not known before. For me it was a time of stress and searching for answers. High blood pressure and a silent heart attack didn't help calm things down. A nation divided with politicians building iron curtains and turning everything into a war zone didn't help either. Spite and anger driven hate stalling the workings of government even at the time of this writing has caused me to stand back at take stock of who I am. It is not in my power to stop any of this nonsense and I want no part of  it. I can't speak for anyone else but myself. I am asking myself "Who am I?" There is no simple answer to that question. Any answer I would have would only be what I think I am. It would be a self opinion. How others perceive me would be only partially correct or not correct at all. Living life makes me who I am. The choices I make, what I believe in, what my interests are, my dislikes, in fact the whole of my life is what makes me who I am. I am who I am. My favorite statement is " I am all that humanity is or ever was." I don't recall who said it but it was profound to me. The answer to "who am I"  is a simple "I am who I am." It is not set in stone because it is in constant flux, ever changing. Who are you?

Today I would like to share a house mouse image. Enjoy.


  Copic Colors:

RV00, E53, E31, Voooo, T2


Tis the season to be merry and joyful. Many of us do not have a lot but what we do have we should be thankful for. There are those that have far less than we do. Remember them and be generous toward them this Christmas season. Give some joy to the needy. This will be my last post for the holidays. See you after New Year and to always "Remember The Details."

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year

3 comments:

  1. We're living through difficult times. Love the house mouse image! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house mouse and the love they are sharing for each other, much of what this country needs now in this divisive times. I love your post and just long for the days where everyone can show and recieve kindness. Merry Christmas, Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post, as always. Merry Christmas to you and Jill xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.