Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Opportunity

 


When was the last time you felt this way? It is a place of tranquility and peace isn't it? Was it in the presence of that special someone or that special place of peace and quiet or possibly both? Have you ever found yourself suddenly at peace when nothing but chaos raged all around you? How do you explain these happenings? The above Brainy Quote can be seen in two ways. From our point of view or from the Lord's point of view. From our point of view there are a myriad of interpretations, the best of which is seeing the Lord Jesus and what it means to be in His care. From the Lord's point of view it is that He gave His all for us, He is at rest with us and He is now in heaven with His father.

There is one more way of seeing this. It is a view of the whole of humanity through the eyes of Christ. To love others as you love yourself, To be at peace with one another no matter our differences and through this feel as though we have come home. All of these things are what our Lord has commanded us to do. Unfortunately this is difficult for humanity to come to grips with. We cannot apply this to one segment at a time but must apply it to all or it will not happen. It almost seems overwhelming but Christ has promised us strength if we lean on Him. (Sirach 32:24, Psalm 125:1, Isaiah 26:4, Hebrews 3:6, Romans 5:11) It is not by our strength (Mark 8:33) but by His strength that we can accomplish this. (Psalm 65:6, 1 Timothy 1:12) Let Christ be your strength. He is our rock, our guide. Turn to Him. 
   

Today I would like to share a craft project that took a little over a day to complete. It is an inlay using glitter paper. The paper is leftover and loose paper that I have no idea where they came from. This is a variation on the images shared on my blog a few weeks ago.


At first glance this does not look very complicated. Considering that the image has 195 inlaid pieces it is not so simple. It was done with leftover pieces of glitter paper. If you have ever tried to die cut glitter paper you would soon find that it does not cut through completely like ordinary card stock. It is messy and often needs to be trimmed to remove edges. FUN! My DW said I am a brute for punishment.😏 That may be but it is satisfying when it is done. This will be made into a card in the future. Here are two pending inlay versions I will be doing in the not too distant future.


  The one on the left is started but the rest is being pondered for what colors to use. The one on the right has a glitter paper frame. All of the inlays are held in place with Double tack from Grafix films. Next week I will share an even more intricate inlay project.

 Thank you for dropping by and hopefully leaving a comment. In the meantime please be safe practice safe distancing and wear those masks. Until then always remember to "Love The Details." God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. What a challenging post Jim - certainly a lot to think about - and we must certainly lean on the Lord's strength to fulfil His commands!
    Loving your inlay work - I am not surprised that it took you so long. And yes, some glitter card and paper does not cut well!
    We have had no community transmission of Covid for over 2 months here, so we are pretty slack about masks - I do ensure I know where I have been and when, and also make the most of the hand sanitizer, especially at larger stories (not that my local ones could be called large by most standards!!)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of work, but it's gorgeous! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be where I am today if I had not leaned on the Lord's strength. He has given me peace when I was in turmoil more times than I can count. Yes, there are times I didn't lean on His strength, but it wasn't long before I realized I needed too. The Lord can bring me peace and settle my worries. This is something I learned as a very young child. The Lord will always be there for us to lean on as He loves his children so very much. Yes, I am at rest with the Lord. Wow Jim, that is certainly a task you took on well! I love how beautiful this image came out with your inlaying skills. I can imagine how much time it took, it is literally like putting together a puzzle. Yes, glitter card can be very difficult to cut if it has that plastic coating on the back of it. Almost impossible to get a clean cut and you have to end up finishing it up with a craft knife. But you did a great job and your perseverance paid off! It is stunning! So love this image and I can't wait to see the other two done as well. Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a perfectly timed post, my dear friend. My interpretation of the quote, as I prepare to draft Gram's tribute, is that it's her saying it to Granddad. I'll email it to you when I'm happy with it.
    Love, hugs, and blessings
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.