Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Hardened Hearts

 

I have noticed that there are many more views than Comments so I am temporarily making the comment section available to all who wish to comment. No sales, advertisements or bad language will be tolerated and will be deleted. The comments will be posted after they have been moderated.

In today's society it seems that the above Brainy Quote is lacking in many ways. It is unfortunate that Martin Luther King's words, "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others", are not followed. There are so many hardened hearts these days. Some weeks back I shared that my neighborhood was a place where we help one another when we can. There are those that are not able to do things that we are able to do. The helping hand and kindness shown to them is contagious. Looking at others with uncaring or judgmental eyes is not the way of the Lord. A hardened heart is one that does not accept the possibility that love can change things. It is also an indication that person thinks "I am right and only I count". (Deut 15:7, Prov 28:14, John 12:40, Heb 3:8) Lawlessness will surely follow in the footsteps of this attitude. The only way to become the instrument of peace is through love and compassion. A caring heart will change us into an instrument of peace. (1 John 4:8-9, 4:16) I can change little in this world but by changing what little I can change with compassion and love it will have an affect on the greater community and that will eventually change far more than I will ever see.

The piece I am is a star that has been inlayed with Glitter stock. As with the inlay last week I have no idea where the stock came from. There are 262 inlays in this die cut. Yes there are a ton of pieces left over that I cleaned up to use later. I use my flash on the first image to highlight the sparkle and the second image is without the flash to better show the colors used.



All of the die cuts are mounted on Grafix "Double Tack" to make it easier to set the inlays. When A card is created the back of the double tack can be pealed of for quick and simple mounting to the card being created. The paper colors are red, light gold, yellow gold, light blue, blue gray and dark metallic blue. The dark metallic blue really sparkles with multi-colored flashes. There is a second version of this die cut that I will share next week. 

That will do it for this week. Please stay safe and practice safe distancing and wear the mask if it is required where you are. Remember to always "Love The Details".

5 comments:

  1. Yes, practicing love and compassion starts a ripple effect that goes way beyond the initial action!
    Loving you inlay work Jim - that is one magnificent piece! Having been 'bragging' that we were some 10 weeks without a community case of Covid, we had one earlier this week...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing inlay Jim. Stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting the example that so many of us try and do will hopefully cause a domino effect. I truly think there are more kind people than they aren't, but I also know there are "me, me, me" people too. I feel those are the ones who weren't talk that scripture and where instead spoiled. Let's hope that these people see the light and change their ways as it is much better to help, give and love that it is to hate. Takes a lot of energy to hate. OMWord, this inlayed piece is stunning! What a beautiful card it will make Jim. You and Jill stay healthy, stay safe and continue helping your neighbors. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and beautiful card

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.