Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Becoming

 


With the celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus it is time to reflect on the path we are on in our lives. For some the journey is only begun. For others it is half over or possibly in the twilight of life. The future is never known or guaranteed. My dear wife shared with me that the word for this year for her is "hope". (Rom 8:24-25, 15:13) It is where we all start not only in our physical endeavors but, most importantly, our spiritual endeavors as well. In most cases hope does not hold any promises but for those in Christ there are assurances. As long as our faith and beliefs are centered on Christ we are promised a place is prepared for us in heaven. (John 14:2-3) It is not ours to say who is or is not among those who will be called. It is our place to be sure we are the ones being seen as belonging to Christ. How we are seen may be the difference with someone who has been turned off by those pretending to be Christians that have appointed themselves as judges over others. Jesus was our example of how to conduct ourselves. Yes will be pain and trials in doing so at times. Yes you may even be persecuted for it. It is what Jesus said it would be for Him but it could very well happen to us. (Matthew 20:28)(Mark 9:12 & 9:31) 

Today I would like to share 2 cards I made for two very special people. The first one was sent to Darnell. The second was sent to Em. They were both done slightly different one from another.  The image was a die cut from Hunkydory Moonstone Die Set "Peace on Earth". I considered doing both as a clear window but didn't have the required clear plastic. Maybe a later project. First Darnell's Card.      


Copic Colors:  Y15, Y17, E000, Y13, E99, E55, Wink of Stella 102 Silver & 101 Gold, Y02, T2, Co, E03, B21, B41, T0, T4, YG0000, G03, B06, BV13, BV17, BV25, B41, BV01


As you can see there are a few colors in this image. There are as many on the next image as well. This is Em's card.



Copic Colors: Wink of Stella 101Gold & 102 Silver, BV0000, BV000, BV02, BV08, BV34, R02, R29, R39, YR31, Y08, Y11, Y17, Y21, Y35, G17, B23, B29, B32, B41, E31, E34, E35, E42, E50, E95, T3, T7, C00, C0, 100

The bead stickers are from my stash as were the cardstock. It is hoped everyone has had a wonderful, safe, holiday. Please be safe and come back soon. Remember to always "Love The Details". GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU SAFE.


4 comments:

  1. I have chosen "HOPE" for my word too for this year! I have been attacked by "Christians" myself and it isn't the way I want to be as it really does turn people off to the Lord. I am confident in my faith, but it still didn't feel good to be attacked. I so agree with you in Jim and we all need to conduct ourselves the way Jesus did. We are not the judge and jury over other people, that would be the Lord for sure. Your cards are just beautiful, I love the stamp you used and I really love how you colored both cards. Stay safe, stay well! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photographed very nice for you...but I saw the real cards and I still don't think the pictures does them justice. Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such heartfelt words, Jim. Jill's right about the cards... photos don't do them justice... particularly your coloring, which is absolutely stunning, as always! It's such an honor, not only to receive the card, but also to be featured on both your blogs on the same day... a wonderful, humbling surprise!

    Love ya both xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Jim and I can well image that the photos don't do them justice!
    My word for the year is REST - primarily to learn to rest in the Lord and trust him more fully
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.