Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Looking Back

 

 

Looking back to that point in time in 2014 when this blog was begun there was an apprehension of "what am I doing". I didn't know what I was doing or what I could possibly have to share that others would find interesting. The insecurity felt was palpable and almost crippling. I have shared that I am not someone who likes being on stage or in the limelight. My DW often told me I would have made a good monk or hermit. In the beginning I had an alter ego named Cherokee. (My father often said we had American Indian heritage) In the beginning it was this alter ego that made the blog possible, less intimidating. As time went on I became uncomfortable with a native American alter ego and just phased him out. I thought about reviving him on occasion but it just didn't feel right. The path in front of me was taking shape and calling me forward. I gradually retreated to get my spiritual life back on track. In 2016 I fell in my back yard while doing yard work. It nearly cost me my life. It was also a very special experience that gave me more focus in the direction I needed to go. At the end of 2019 or early 2020 I suffered a silent heart attack. It was discovered when I went to have my blood pressure checked at a local clinic. I was sent to the hospital emergency room and spent the day there while they worked on getting my blood pressure to an acceptable level. It was well over 200 and the probable cause of the heart attack. I was sent home at the last minute and to the doctor the next day. I am now on two blood pressure meds and one heart med. I thank the Lord for every day and am trying to share it with those looking for something more. There is far more to the walk in a life. We are here for such a short time and others can benefit from what each of us can share from our walk with Christ. The word of Christ is vital to where we are going and to who we are all becoming. There are others that have experience far more special than me. Some share and some are closed to sharing the walk they are on. For me it is important to give what I can. Thank you to everyone who has shared the walk with me. You are far more special than you know.

This image is one that my DW gave me to color. I have no specifics as to where it came from but the colors are listed after the image.


This was done as a fall image. It is not the best of coloring but it is eye catching. The Copic colors are:

R35, YG06, YG09, G03, G05, BG70, E23, E27, E31, T3, W2, Y18

I hope you like it. That is it for this post. Remember to always "Love The Details." God bless and Keep you always.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting post. Our experiences - good and bad - make us what we are. Glad you have found the right way for yourself. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I 'found' you Jim, and love what you share - God is good, and your ministry on this blog is a great encouragement - probably far more than you ever realise.
    love your colouring - it's a different image to your usual style, and you have done well
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The five years since your accident have passed in a blink. It's so hard to believe it's that long, but so much has happened in that time for both of you and us, and I'm beyond grateful that we're in each other's lives.

    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.