Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Psalm 34:2-9

 


      2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; 

         let the humble hear and rejoice. 

      3 Proclaim with me the greatness of Yahweh, 

         let us acclaim his name together. 

      4 I seek Yahweh and he answers me, frees me from all my fears. 

      5 Fix your gaze on Yahweh and your face will grow bright, you will never hang your head in shame. 

      6 A pauper calls out and Yahweh hears, 

         saves him from all his troubles. 

      7 The angel of Yahweh encamps 

         around those who fear him, and rescues them. 

      8 Taste and see that Yahweh is good. 

         How blessed are those who take refuge in him. 

      9 Fear Yahweh, you his holy ones; 

         those who fear him lack for nothing. 

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Ps 34:2–9). New York: Doubleday.

It is not a matter of right or wrong but of faith and belief that drives the devotion we feel for our God. Sinners though we are we also know we are loved and forgiven. It drives us to be as perfect as we can be in this life in the knowledge He is always going to answer us in our time of need. It is hard to fear a God who is loving and forgiving. It is easy to fear a God that will punish a rebellious evil minded sinner. God wants a child that will love Him back and love those around them. After all He created them and loves them every bit as much as he loves you. He created all of us.  

This is an image that my DW made a card from and posted back in April on "Ribbon Challenged". (April 14, 2021) The colors seen here are somewhat off as a result of the photograph. The stamp is from a magazine called  "Creative Stamping." Issue 93. It was fun to do but as any image like this it took a little time and patience.


I purposely tried to keep the colors subdued instead of going kaleidoscope crazy. The Copic colors are:

YG41, R32, YG91, R14, G14, Y17, Y26, Y04, BG34, E81,E29, BV01, E23

I pray the good Lord has been kind to you. My He bless you always and keep you safe. Remember to always "Love The Details." God bless.

7 comments:

  1. What joy in trusting Yahweh for everything. What a joy to be able to freely worship him too.
    Wonderful colouring Jim.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The psalms are always beautiful. Love your elephant, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post as always...and wonderful coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post and I really love those colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have trusted in the Lord since I was a very young child, I know I have to love everyone and that is the part I sometimes struggle with on people who have did me wrong. But I know I must forgive and love anyway, so I try hard to do just that. This is a great post Jim, we all need this reminder. Our Lord loves us all, we are all His children so we must love too. Wow, that elephant is amazing! I love the way you colored him for Jill. I love the colors you chose as well, hard to color something like this to keep it from looking like a kaleidoscope and you did a fabulous job of it. It is just beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.