Pages

Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Psalm 118:8

Many people feel so pressured by the expectations of others that it causes them to be frustrated, miserable and confused about what they should do. But there is a way to live a simple, joy-filled, peaceful life, and the key is learning how to be led by the Holy Spirit, not the traditions or expectations of man. 

Joyce Meyer @ htps://www.brainyquote.com

It is not a tradition, a law nor a human expectation of man that is meaningful in this life. These are places where failure is guaranteed. Israel tried for centuries to follow laws and traditions and failed to the point they lost the country they lived in. The problem is these things cause men to become blind to the truth that is right in front of them. Psalm 118:8 says "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than Man." Traditions are man's and therefore incomplete or flawed. Man's expectations are no better. They may not be wrong but they are incomplete. Read Psalm 118: 8-14 and take note of verse 14. "Yahweh is my strength and my song, He has been my savior." Christ sent Yahweh's paraclete, the Holy Spirit, to be our guide, comforter and our savior. The early Christians lived in a world that was exceptionally cruel and uncertain. It was the unwavering faith that eventually caused the world to take notice and begin to believe in Christ. The Holy Spirit brought peace to them even in the face of persecution. If you read scripture and Christ is your savior then the Holy Spirit is there to be your guide. To have unwavering faith in Christ is to have unwavering faith in Yahweh. Yahweh lives in Christ and Christ lives in us in the form of the Holy Spirit. Trust in the Spirit of God not in man. You will never be disappointed.

This is the final Victorian house image and DW's favorite. She says that is because it is yellow, her favorite color.

That is it for this week. Remember to always "Love The Details." God Bless and keep you always safe.


5 comments:

  1. The yellow house lifted me. Thank you for sharing that I am struggling to find time for anything outside of husbands doctor visits I read your posts even if I don’t comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Jim - living with God is always an adventure, and His peace is amazing, especially in the midst of the uncertainty of the currant age.
    Beautiful colouring
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautifully composed post and image xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post Jim, we need to turn to the Lord in this day and age as well. So many are so lost, but if they would just turn to the Lord, all will be good. I put my trust in the Lord daily, I pray daily as I don't know how to get through a day without any prayer. I pray multiple times a day/evening and sometimes in the wee hours of the morning. The Lord has gotten me this far in life and I'd hate to think what my life would have been like if I had not had the Lord in the hard and good times. Do I still sin, of course, am I perfect, absolutely not...but the Lord helps me to be the best person I can and when I'm not, He doesn't leave my side, but instead has patience with me, whispering to me my wrongs. Loving the house in yellow too!! It's so happy, had the feeling of love lives inside and looks like it is bathed in the light of the Lord! Just beautiful!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.