Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

I Chose You


(John 15:16-17) Most people assume they found the Lord and followed Him. The truth is He called them and they had the choice of following or not following the Lord. We are baptised when we are very young before we understand what it is all about. I know we are called regularly but either ignore that calling, feel we are just too busy or just don't care. With all that is going on in the world these days, that includes all of the negative press surrounding "religion", people tend to think the Lord does not exist and if He does He is way out there somewhere and is unaware theat we exist. That the Lord would stand at our door and call us means there is a purpose for us in His scheme of things. We cannot know ahead of time what that calling will lead to. It is often something we are actually good at and, just as often, something we are not aware of. Don't be discouraged by the "better than thou" attitude of some or "put off" by the behavior of some. The calling of the Lord is real and His purpose for us is special. It is a place only we can fill in our own unique way. Do not fear answering that call. If you feel a calling, seek out someone you trust and work it out. You will never regret putting yourself in His hands and care. He is more trustworthy than anyone including ourselves.

Note: If there is a subject you would like to have me write about please let me know. These posts are prepared at least a few weeks in advance to allow for research as needed.

This week I am sharing an image from Stamping up that my DW gave me to do for her. The card stock caused the Copic pens to bleed some of the colors used. I think the image turned out pretty nice anyway.



I haven't used the photos lately because glare drowns out some of the caps. 

That is it for this post. Remember to always "Love The Details." God bless and keep you safe.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and Jill! This was an excellent post Jim, one that I hope makes people think. Yes, most are baptized at a very early age. I wasn't, I was baptized (in a river in SC) at 13 and understood what it was all about thankfully. I almost think we should all be rebaptized after we are at an age where we understand what it is about. The Lord is good, the Lord loves us, we can count on the Lord even if we don't always understand everything. I'm on the side of the good Lord for sure, can't image getting through life's struggles without Him! Cause lets face it, life is hard at times! Your image that Jill asked you to color is beautiful and you have colored it up beautifully. Love the yellow door and red bike. Looks like a place where it is fun to chat with the neighbors. lol Love this! Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thought provoking post and stunning image, my friend. Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Lord calls gently, and too often we don't respond, or respond slowly, which in the big scheme of things is to our detriment.
    Loving your colouring Jim, it's beautiful
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post...and you did a great job coloring the image that I purchased!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.