Pages

Followers

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Negatives

 

I have been feeling depressed lately due to some events in my life. It was a struggle to find a Brainy Quote that fit this post subject. Depressions are almost always the result of negatives in our lives. For those who grew up with an abundance of negatives in their lives it can be a struggle to deal with them or maybe not. For me it can sometimes be a struggle. I know I will come through this because the strength I feel is not my own but that of faith. These posts are an attempt to help others see that life is what it is and we must live through our negatives and turn them to positives. How do you do that? Take my last post as a hint. Every day is a miracle in its entirety. Next month I turn 80. This puts me in a live moment by moment mode. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. To miss today's miracles would be to possibly lose them forever. To love or care for someone or not tell them would be risking them never knowing. My DW and I tell each other every day "I love you." The moment, Good or bad, is a reminder of the fragile nature of our existence on this earth and in this life. We are given the choice to hold our Lord's hand and walk with Him or to deny His existence. How sad that so many think the Lord does not exist and that there is nothing to look forward to when our life ends here on earth. My heart aches for those struggling today and those who feel there is no hope. (Matthew 11:28  "Come to me all who labor and are over burdened and I will give you rest") The rest that is promised does not mean we will not have to live our lives in the moment. It does mean we are assured of rest at the end of our struggle. It is a promise of what follows our life on this earth.
 Today's image is from Coloring for Adults. I was unable to find this image again but there are TONS of images to keep you busily searching for hours with almost any subject you want.


The Copic colors are:


Very simple. Love this pallet once in awhile. Still technical yet simple enough that it can be quickly done.

That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless and keep you well and safe. Remember to always "Love The Details."

Your comments are much appreciated. They are a blessing to me.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jim, I feel for your - depression and I were pretty constant companions early in my life, but God was gracious and broke it's hold, and later in life He guided me into a fuller healing of the issues that caused it.
    I know what you mean that when one gets older, we must not take life for granted. I am thankful that overall I keep good health, especially when I look at some of my friends of a similar age - (early 70's).
    Love that image, and you have coloured it so beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim! Depression is hard, but I think your faith will pull you through it. Getting older is hard, as I know so well! Take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow really isn't guaranteed - ever - but we just keep on plugging away. Each day is precious and we have to be grateful for them. Happy early 80th birthday!
    You shading on this is so beautiful! LOVE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry I missed this post until now. You know I feel your pain to the point of physicality. You truly are a blessing, my friend. As for my birthday, it was quiet but blessed.
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.