Pages

Followers

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Power

 Society today seems to be enamoured with  with celebrity, name recognition, politics and the power that they bring. At what cost? Desires? Lusts? Hatred? Left wing? Right wing? None of this matters in life (Acts 20:24). All of these things can lead us astray. Entered in the right way some of these things can be a gift. Used in the wrong way imparts the means to become full of one's self and that can lead many astray. A good example of the gift of celebrity, name recognition and, to some extent, political power is Billy Graham. A more humble man you would have trouble finding. Yet his example and reach was world wide. another good example was Pat Robertson. The 700 club is far reaching. The good that both men brought to the world is wonderous. There are many women that have done the same. Celebrity had little effect on them because they counted themselves as servants rather than leaders. They were not above us but with us in our walk on this earth. Take a good look at The entertainment industry, the politicians, the wealthy, those with an exceptional education. Many of them are above those around them. At least they think they are. The truth of the matter is everyone is the same in the end. We all came into the world with nothing and we will leave with nothing. Some were more at advantage than others with wealth, intelligence, good looks, tallent, charisma and etc. It only matters what is done with the advantage each of us has. It is not a case of I have and want more but what can I do for others with what I have. The blessings we have are for us to share with others. (James 3:13-18)

 This week another Moontear image. This is the second of 50 digital images in a coloring book purchased. I will be gradually working my through them. (Please note: all of my coloring is copyrighted and the Moontear images are copyrighted by Moontear. Do not copy them)


The copic colors used are:


Almost all of the images shared are at least a days worth of work. The amount of detail is great. I have to take a break every so often to give these old eyes a break. No magnifier is used so they get blurry after awhile. 
 Sorry it was a bit late posting. I may start posting on Wednesday to give me a few extra weekdays to prepare. Until next week, God Bless and keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

6 comments:

  1. Another beautifully colored image. Love the flowers in the foreground and the way you colored her hair. Beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful lady. Now this will surprise you - Back in the early 60s Billy Graham was in England, and I went to a rally where he was speaking. A friend dragged me along, and I think I only went because Joan Baez was singing there. But I must admit, he preached very well, and was very sympathetic. Joan Baez sang 'Just a little boy standing in the rain', and I got to shake hands with her and with Mr Graham. No, he didn't convert me, but it was a very memorable experience! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! There but for the grace of God go I. I would hazard a guess that people will experience an intense disappointment from those who hold the power in the coming days. Always enjoy your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is the problem with these types of people, they think they are above everything. There are a few that have done good the world over, but most do not. It is more like what is in it for them, not what I can do for others. I don't get star struck, because I feel like they are no better than me. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like I do. And like you said, we are all born into this world with nothing and we will all leave this world with nothing.

    This image is beautiful, your colors is gorgeous as always Jim. I love her hair but I love everything as you always color so beautifully. Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all born into life bringing nothing, anything we have in the way of intelligence, talents, and opportunities are but gifts from the Giver of Life - and truly, we are His servants - not everyone understands (or are taught) that, and ego and power become goals in their own right - unfortunately
    Beautiful colouring Jim - I am in awe of your talent
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billy Graham will always be, perhaps ironically, head and shoulders above other similar such people. Not because of his stature, but as you say, because of his lack of ego compared to their massive ones.

    As always, your coloring is stunning xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.