Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Covenant

Throughout scripture we read about promises and oath swearing. Humankind has made contracts making all sorts of deals swearing to keep all sorts of oaths none of which mean anything except those they can fulfill in their lifetimes. Beyond that these contracts and oaths mean little and in time are of little importance to anyone. They are forgotten and no-one remembers them. They become as dead as the one who created them. That is where God's covenant is different. An eternal God and His covenant is forever. (Psalm 105:8) A promise from "I Am" is never out lived. The greatest gift of His only son draws all of His creation into this covenant with his people. It is forever irrevocable. How do I know this? (Matthew 11:28-30) tells me that He will take all of my cares and troubles and give me rest. The world will tell you otherwise but the world is not eternal. All things of the world pass away and are forgotten. That includes our physical worldly bodies. Our spirit and spiritual bodies are not mortal when the spirit of God is accepted and lives within us. (Hebrews 9:15-18) At our death the covenant is not revoked but fulfilled. Our bodies may return to the earth but our souls live on. What happens to us in life is preparation for the fulfillment of the covenant made with our Lord and God through Jesus Christ. The choice is ours to accept or reject, to believe or not. 
 
This next image is a Moontear that was Done twice. The first one printed out with heavy shadowing. When colored the look it produced is much darker over all. Not even close to real looking.



The copics used are:
I also used an Artisoft Umber pencil to draw the very thin twigs and limbs in both images.

This is a redo for the wife's step sister. It is markedly different from the other image. It printed with less pronounced shading which in turn made the overall image much lighter when finished. Fewer colors were required to do the image.



The Copics used are:

As you can see, image shading can make a large difference in the result. That is also true of the use of shading when coloring. Where the shadows are placed can alter the image completely. 
That is it for this week. Thank you for stopping by. May the good Lord bless and keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

6 comments:

  1. Different due to the shading - but both beautiful. I love the highlights in her hair. Very pretty coloring.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose to accept and believe! Not sure how one can't chose to accept and believe. A great post Jim!

    I loved the first image and thought this little gal was so pretty just as you colored her. Then I went down to the second one and oh my, the shading really does make a difference! The second one is so light and bright! Although both are equally stunning! Hugs & blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Jim - I have believed and accepted, and as I am toting up the years, I am finding I am looking forward to the fulfilment of that promise more and more!
    Love your colouring, and yes, the shadows make such a dramatic difference between the two coloured images. Fabulous work, as ever.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Very true! Good post!

    Love the artwork. They’re both so beautiful. You have such talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both versions of the image are absolutely stunning! You truly are an amazing colorist! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Fabulous coloring on both of them! I wish I could do that too.
    Thanks for kind words on my blog.
    Blessings
    Mariann

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.