Pages

Followers

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Listening

 

Psalm 131:1-3 Song of Ascents

Yahweh, my heart is not haughty, I do not set my sights too high. I have taken no part in great affairs, in wonders beyond my scope. No, I hold myself in quiet and silence, like a little child in its mother’s arms, like a little child, so I keep myself.

---------------------

Wisdom of Solomon 1:1-7

1 Love uprightness you who are rulers on earth, be properly disposed towards the Lord and seek him in simplicity of heart; 2 for he will be found by those who do not put him to the test, revealing himself to those who do not mistrust him. 3 Perverse thoughts, however, separate people from God, and power, when put to the test, confounds the stupid. 4 Wisdom will never enter the soul of a wrong-doer, nor dwell in a body enslaved to sin; 5 for the holy spirit of instruction flees deceitfulness, recoils from unintelligent thoughts, is thwarted by the onset of vice. 6 Wisdom is a spirit friendly to humanity, though she will not let a blasphemer’s words go unpunished; since God observes the very soul and accurately surveys the heart, listening to every word. 7 For the spirit of the Lord fills the world, and that which holds everything together knows every word said. 

-------------

I found this in my saved documents. It spells out how I see God and Jesus working in my life. The credits are at the bottom.

Something more about his ways

He comes where He commands us to leave.

When Jesus had made an end of commanding His disciples, He departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities. Matthew 11:1.

If when God said ‘Go,’ you stayed, because you were so concerned about your people at home, you robbed them of the teaching and preaching of Jesus Christ Himself. When you obeyed and left all consequences to God, the Lord went into your city to teach; as long as you would not obey, you were in the way. Watch where you begin to debate and to put what you call duty in competition with your Lord’s commands. ‘I know God told me to go, but then my duty was here’; that means you do not believe that Jesus means what he says.

He teaches where He instructs us not to.

“Master, … let us make three tabernacles.”

Are we playing the spiritual amateur providence in other lives? Are we so noisy in our instruction of others that God cannot get anywhere near them? We have to keep our mouths shut and our spirits alert. God wants to instruct us in regard to His Son, He wants to turn our times of prayer into mounts of transfiguration, and we will not let Him. When we are certain of the way God is going to work, He will never work in that way any more.

He works where He sends us to wait.

“Tarry ye … until …” Wait on God and He will work, but don’t wait in spiritual sulks because you cannot see an inch in front of you! Are we detached enough from our own spiritual hysterics to wait on God? To wait is not to sit with folded hands, but to learn to do what we are told.

These are phases of His ways we rarely recognize.[1]

[1] Chambers, O. (1986). My utmost for his highest: Selections for the year. Grand Rapids, MI: Oswald Chambers Publications; Marshall Pickering.

Another of the Moontear images.



The Copic colors used;

This image colored very soft. The details were a challenge but worth it.
 

That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless and Keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured image. I can paint, but I cannot colour in! And it's always interesting to read your thoughts. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep thoughts today Jim - something to ponder, thanks
    Beautiful colouring... when I grow up I want to be able to colour like you!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an word of encouragement - Eph 3:16
    May you be blessed
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Excellent post!
    Lovely coloring too! You really are a very good artist!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.