Pages

Followers

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Blessings

(John 15:16 You did not choose me but I chose you.) How often we forget this simple fact. I find that the above message is very true in the light of this bible verse. More from the book that never was.

You Are

 

You are as the green meadow

With a blanket of new fallen dew

Glistening silver in the dawn.

              

You are as billowing clouds,

Cotton against blue, soft and pleasant,

Mirrored in a crystal lake.

            

You are as the delicate butterfly

Gliding gracefully in the still air

With a beauty all its own.

 

You are as the highest mountain

With awesome heights and capped peaks,

Set on stone foundations.

 

You are as the stars on moonless nights,

Gleaming gems on black velvet cloth,

Sparkling through a summer night.

 

You are as the noon day sun,

Golden light all warm and good,

Giving life to all it touches.

              

You are as the turtle doves,

Nestled close, softly cooing,

On a quiet summer's eve.

              

You are as the singing brook,

Flowing, growing into a river,

Filling the oceans of the world.

              

You are as the endless universe,

Going into eternity

With no beginning and no end.

               

You are my Lord Jesus,

Whom I love so dearly.

Who loves and cares for me.

  ãcopyrighted

 ----------------

I See, I Feel

 

I see the word of God issuing forth

to change all it touches everywhere.

I feel the word of God entering in

To fill all the long empty places.

 

I see the spirit of God blazing,

Burning truth and love into reality.

I feel the warmth of His nearness

When it seems there is no place to go.

 

I see the risen Son of God, Jesus,

In the breaking of the bread of life.

I feel the breath of His presence

In the loving touch of caring friends.

 

I see the triune glory of the Father

Covering all things in perfect love.

I feel Him in all that is His creation

With every sense and His spirit within.

 

                                                ãcopyrighted

------------

Sharing

          

                        It was once asked of a simple man of no great education how it was that he  believed life was love. His reply was simple. "If you were to go out into the field and see a wild flower that was beautiful in your eyes, would you find peace and pleasure? The flower did  what it was created for by using its beauty to love you, since it was created in love. Since it could love you, it was created for you and you alone. You in turn know peace and will share the love you were given." He was then asked, "Why not pick the flower and preserve it?" In reply he said, "If you were loved by a flower and caressed by its fragrance, would you pick it and cause its beauty to wither before its time or would you permit it to live as long as  possible to preserve its beauty and fragrance for others to enjoy also? Would it not be better that it were where you could return and enjoy its natural setting and also allow it to seed for future pleasure?"  The questioner, after  pondering this, thanked the man and left. As he walked away, the simple man saw him pause, walk into the field and reach down as if to pick one of the wild flowers. He smiled  instead, breathed in deeply as he turned to  stand erect. Still smiling, he  nodded in  agreement and went on his way. The man of no great education and simple means stood in the roadway with peace in his heart sharing the  fragrant love the breezes were bringing in from the fields.

ãcopyrighted

------------
I don't know if you are tired of the images from Moontear yet but here is another one.

The Copic colors are;

After being sick for more than a week, losing most of my hearing and just feeling out of it I am feeling much better. My hearing is mostly back but not quite back to normal. 
Until next week, may the good Lord Bless and Keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Gloriousher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and beautiful artwork! I’m happy to hear you’re improving! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to learn both you and Jill have been sick and to lose your hearing has to be frightening. I wondered why she hasn't been posting to her blog. Your coloring skills are just exceptional and definitely a gift. May God bless you both with complete healing as this winter season gets underway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're feeling better! As always, your words and coloring are beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed to see this more than you know. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful words Jim - I enjoyed and appreciated both poems and the 'simple man' essay.
    So often we are guilty of seeking the blessings, rather than the Giver of those blessings for the wonder of who He is!!
    Beautiful colouring - I am in awe of your work
    So sorry to hear you have both been unwell - not a good start to your winter at all. We are in our 5th wave of covid here, and just going into summer!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jim. I'm finally getting back to reading blogs after my 2 joint replacements. Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a comment. Beautiful post & your coloring is just amazing! Glad you're feeling better. We're trying hard to hide from all the bugs--haha! Enjoy the holiday season, Greta

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.