Pages

Followers

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Permission


The mind is a sacred zone of the body. It is where we are tempted to do the things that are against what common sense and the word of God says is wrong. Permission is needed for the thought to go further and enter into an action. Rejection needs to happen as soon as the thought enters our mind. I often wonder how it is that temptations seem to linger in my thoughts. It is because they were allowed to enter through hesitation and the smallest of consideration. Is it the human condition to allow this? Is it weakness on my part? There are many things in our past that were allowed to be in our lives that now haunt our present. I find  myself calling on the name of the Lord to take these thoughts away from me time and again. I have to remind myself that I am no longer a part of this world. I have died to this world and have become a part of the world in which Jesus is a part of when I accepted Him as my savior. Physically I am in this world but spiritually I am in the spiritual world. This also means nothing enters this earthly existence that has not been allowed to enter (given permission). This all comes down to faith and divine grace. Calling on the name of Jesus affirms belief in Him and places a lock and "Do Not Enter" sign on the door. Temptation can knock but can no longer enter unless you open the door. Jesus experienced and practiced this in the desert when tempted by Satan.(Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:12-13; Luke 4:1-13) 

This week, another of the images from Moontear.


The Copic colors used are;


That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless and keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the way you colored this beautiful image and brought her to life. I can't take my eyes away from her with those captivating eyes and sweet little face. The flowers are just beautiful too with those lilac colors in her hair and in the foreground. God bless and have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right about your assessment on why we can harbor negative or destructive thoughts. We must pray that Jesus will guard those floodgates and keep them pure for His sake. I must admit that those thoughts are standing right at the threshold after all Danny and I have been through lately. Satan certainly knows how to attack our weaknesses and entice us to give into hopelessness, doesn't he?
    Blessings, Jim, and thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again a fabulous colouring project, and a well written text. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words Jim, and oh how often I have to call out to the Lord when thoughts creep in in an unguarded moment.... or wrong memories surface... it's a daily leaning on the Lord!
    Loving your delicate colouring of the image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a heartfelt post and beautiful coloring, as always.
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mind and I are in knockdown battles. It pains me to admit.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful message and so true too. The coloring of that child is incredible! You captured the hair color perfectly. This is a gorgeous piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Negative and worrying thoughts are the playground of the devil. He preys on our weakness, or when we are tired or ill, and he puts those thoughts in our mind. Coincidentally, I wrote about this yesterday:
    https://www.catholic365.com/article/38825/how-do-you-deal-with-scars.html
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post and wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hermosa entrada, me encanto, y la imagen preciosa y el texto magnifico.
    Abrazos y besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracias por visitar mi blog, te dejo un abrazo y besos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a beautul day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.