Pages

Followers

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 9, 2014 Prayer

Pray as a child, with purity of heart.

Today there is no pretty picture and saying. But I would like to address prayer and what scripture says about it. Prayer is our personal bridge to Christ and God our Father. The perfect prayer is looking to heaven with a glad heart. No words needed. Silence before Him is most precious to Him. That means not thinking of the days activities, what you are going to pray about but SILENCE mentally, physically and if possible, emotionally. My favorite passage for this is 1 Kings 19:9-13. The whisper of the voice of God is not heard unless you are quiet in your heart and mind. Listening is also part of the perfect prayer. Prayer should not be long and wordy but short and precise. Matthew 6:7-8 Says this explicitly. The Lord's prayer that follows is very precise, not one wasted or confusing word. If you have ever listened to a child pray you will see these things being practiced. It is just one of the reasons these next two images are special to me. Both images are from Our Daily Bread.



I am not completely happy with either card  but the did turn out OK.  I wanted to do something much different but did not have everything needed.
The only paper things not hand cut using an x-acto knife were the die and the tag. I used Tombo Mono Multi glue to fasten the die cut to the dark blue background paper base and used double sided tape to fasten it to the white card stock.
I created the sentiment in a photo editing program. Used narrow double sided tape to attach it to the back of the tag. used the same tape to fasten the tag to the Dark Blue base card.
The stamp (in case you missed it) Praying boy by OUR DAILY BREAD.

Goodie List

Image: "Praying Boy" from Our Daily Bread.
Copic Colors: Hair: E31,E35,E37
                          Skin: R00, Rooo, R0000, RV0000
                          Jammies: B02, C2
                          Ground: E33      Grass: YG17
 Other items are : Holographic peel offs, Chain  peel offs
 Glue: Tombo Mono Multi Use Glue
 The dies used were Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight and
 Back to basics Tags.

The next image is also from Our Daily Bread. It is titled Praying Girl. I was originally going to use the sentiment "Bless My Mommy and Daddy" but there just wasn't enough room for it.. 



On this card I only cut the center hole for the image with the x-acto knife. The procedure is much the same as the "Praying Boy" card. The glue and tape are the same. The bow and roses were fastened with the Tombo glue. The two corner die cuts were given to us by a friend so I have no idea what die they were made with. They were also fastened with the Tombo glue. The only peel offs are on the left fold edge.


Goodie List

Image: "Praying Girl" from Our Daily Bread
Copic Colors: Hair E31, E35, E37
                          Skin R00, R000, R0000, RV0000
                          Nightie RV21
                          Ground E33
                          Grass YG17
Dies: Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8
Roses: Boutique Fleur
Tombo Mono Multi Glue

Well, that will do it for a few days. I have three more cards to do and one of them will not be easy if I can do it at all (At least the way I want to do it). I may do a post this weekend but that is going to depend on how the next two go. It is now time for the good, the bad and the ugly. POST time. No matter what I will always LOVE THE DETAIL.

34 comments:

  1. It is the details that you put so much thought and work into and they really make the card and/or the image. Both of these are very sweet. That saying, "Out of the mouths of babes" is so true in so many situations. It's almost a shame we grow up and lose that innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm a bit bias here...but knowing you as long as I do...smile.. You don't surprise me too often with what you can accomplish. . I know you can do almost anything that you put your mind to...but you did amaze me with making your own cards here...(Am I out of a job? LOL)
    And everything is such precision...even using the exacto knife. Way to go...great job on not only the great coloring, but the great design on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards is so pretty and precious at the same time! I love those beautiful dies with those sweet images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful post. A child's prayer is so sweet and innocent and how God must love to hear them. ''

    The cards are precious. The coloring looks great.I like the peel off stickers and beautiful dies. Your sentiment looks great on the first card.

    I must tell you I cannot use a craft knife. I've tried different kinds but I can never do a good job with them. Wish I could...maybe I just need a lot of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love you hear my 7 year old daughter pray. So simple, sweet and sincere. Your cards adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your thoughtful comments - they always make me think :-) Your colouring of the images is beautiful, resulting in two beautiful cards.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading your posts and the cards are so precious and fab dies too..huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards. Gorgeous dies and the images are coloured beautifully. have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fab post! Thanks for the inspiration and the wonderful cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sweetie, these are amazing, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jim, both of these are precious and beautiful! Great job on the cards and that fussy cutting! So much patience!! Love these.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet, Jim! Not only have you colored beautifully, but you're a wizard with an Xacto! Thanks for sharing the thoughts and scripture about prayer! A wonderful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your comments about prayer and the Scripture!! I had my husband read it too.
    Both your cards are just beautiful!! I think Jill is getting worried. LOL!!! Blessings to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to meet you, Jim, is it? I stopped in my tracks when I saw the Finnish beauty up above. What a lovely image and your coloring with green eyes is stunning. I also love how you tucked the bits of braid into the frame of the image. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both amazing. Somber writing for such a creative soul. so for you a Haiku (yes I was a poet and dint know it)..

    We sit and reflect
    Our creative soul silent
    Awaiting his word


    Enjoy the details, and I love that you visit so many card crafters, it really lifts the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Both cards are very beautiful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful images, dies, details...gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely cards...and thanks for your kind visit
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jim, this post was very timely for me. I am doing some SMART goals for my life right now and I have been trying to phrase my prayer goal a little better and this gave me the little inspiration I needed to complete it and feel good about it. TFS! Very pretty card - each of them is precious and give me the perfect vision for my goal. Love them. Hope you and Jill have a fab weekend and the idea in your head comes out perfect on paper and then some! Hugz to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards Jim!! I love thoese sweet angels praying! Reminds me of kneeling at my bedside as a kid reciting :Now I lay me down to sleep..." Have a great weekend! I'm off to check out those 1st cards you told me about!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The joy of children's innocence; the listening silence to hear the whispers; the power of simple prayer; a heart of gratitude: again, you've given me pause to reflect. You've inspired me with goals: to quiet the noise; to limit the sound of my own voice; to ask, respectfully and briefly; to express thanks with a full heart. Your kneeling-in-prayer children delight my spirit; they are beautiful. Your cards to showcase them are stunning. I come away feeling a sense of peace and harmony....thank you (and yes - rechargeable batteries are on my shopping list! *grin*)
    c

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is nothing more poignant than children at prayer! These are simply delightful, Jim! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of the images are darling and great coloring on both!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such beautiful cards. Lovely images, they really capture the sweet innocence and simple beliefs of childhood.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both cards are so amazing, I love the beautiful soft coloring and the little prayers are so cute.
    Wish you a sunny, blessed weekend.
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow both cards are just stunning! Such gorgeous colouring and the die cuts look amazing! Beautiful words you seem to have such a talent at writing and colouring :)
    Have a great weekend
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello,
    I love your words on prayer and quieting the spirit! My soul craves the peace of these times of communion with Christ. My son and I have been down with bronchitis since we got back from the wedding and my energy level just is not coming back! I was thinking of you and Jill and just wanted to say a quick hello! Home all is well for you as we celebrate Easter in the coming days! Blessings!!! Jill2

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning Jim, These images are adorable and you created beautiful designs show casing them. Great message this morning on prayer. My best and only true friend is Christ, and how can I not speak to Him daily.
    Have a great and blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your words on prayer. Great cards too! Amazing coloring and design.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Two adorable cards - the colouring is beautiful and I love how you framed the images.
    Sylvia .

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are just so sweet! Love the images and your amazing coloring. I also really love he die cuts,too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so glad I decided to end my evening at the pc with this lovely post. Your words about prayer are so 'right on', and perfect as a day's ending. Yes, Silence in the mind is quite hard to achieve at times. But necessary. I think it must take a lot of practice as well. Well thought out for the 'words' part of the post. I'm liking your cards very well. Of course the coloring is wonderful, but you were hesitant about your ability to turn the images into cards - as I recall from a few posts ago. I think you were needlessly worrying on this subject. Look beautiful to me. You did a great job. You & DW make a cardmaking team hard to beat! TFS the thoughts & also 2 lovely cards. Hope your days are going well for the both of you. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my word, these are astounding. Loved your write up with these too. I love the bits of gold you have put around. The oval.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love both the boy and girl and your beautiful coloring. The Our Fathers is a perfect prayer! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.