Pages

Followers

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Gentleness

 

Saint Francis of Sales said, “I would rather account to God for too great gentleness than for too great severity. Is not God all love? God the Father is the Father of mercy; God the Son is a Lamb; God the Holy Ghost is a Dove, that is, gentleness itself. And are you wiser than God?” (Shea, J. G. (1887). Pictorial Lives of the Saints (p. 68). New York; Cincinnati; Chicago: Benziger Brothers.)

I have endeavored to follow the rule of not being judgmental or critical of the world around me. It is, after all, God's creation. The path that some take is not the path I would take. I agree that God is Love, the Father of mercy, Christ the Son was a Lamb and I know the Holy Spirit is a  dove. Indeed that is gentleness in every way. If The Spirit of God is to live within us then it must be a house of gentle peace, mercy and love. Anything else has the effect of bringing turmoil and confusion. Those are dangerous roads to travel for any length of time. Being human brings with it many things but the greatest thing we have is choice. What would your choice be? 


Today I am sharing an image created some time ago. I am not sure if it was posted before but it is sitting here staring at me and it is rather lovely. I have no particulars on it so enjoy.


This is a fussy cut I will use to make a card. It will more than likely be a sympathy or special occasion card. Until next post, stay well keep safe and wear those masks. It helps all of us keep safe. Sending hugs 
, and blessings to all. Remember to always "Love The Details."


6 comments:

  1. How pretty this is Jim and it will make a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting right now There is a situation with an eldery neighbor who is failing and her adult daughter who has been caring for her has stage 4 cancer Covid is playing a part that is making things much harder for them . It is so sad at the moment all we can do for them is send prayers uand I want to do so much more . I ask the Lord to put arms around them because we can not HUG ................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post for right now Jim. We all need to take a step back, bet ourselves under control and give everyone a little "gentleness". Yes, we all have a choice, we all make choices that another person wouldn't make...but the Lord wants us to love all his children. To offer that "gentleness" to all. So I am with you with trying very hard not to be judgmental or critical. I fall with that at times, but I am trying to do better. As soon as I'm being that way, I apologize to the Lord and ask Him to help me do better. Wow, your oval is stunning and will look amazing on a card base. I love your (is it a calla lily?), the swirl and the background. Love, hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. You are quite the artist yourself, as I have seen some of your work on Jill's blog.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.