Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Forgiveness

 

Recent times have seen many things that confound our sense of sanity. Things seem to be upside down and inside out from normal. It is distressing to see everything twisted out of shape and distorted beyond recognition. In some cases hate is displayed openly with caustic results. Hate cannot drive out hate. (Luke 11:15, Matthew 12:24, Mark 3:22) Only Love can do that. (1 John 4:8-9, 1 John 4:16) Life will never be without differences. Our lives must not be governed with hate or discord. The love our Lord  wants us to practice is that of compassion, understanding and cooperation. (Leviticus 19:18) Love thy neighbor as yourself. He did not say an if, and, or but this or that. It was a flat command. It is the ultimate summation of the commandments. (Romans 13:9) My last post was to pray for all things that are a concern for us, for our society. There is a lot to be concerned about in our world. I for one am not God. He is far and above anything I am. His strength is all that sustains me in this world. This world would take that from me if it could and it is trying to do so. The word the bible teaches is that man is not in charge but God is in charge. (Psalms 82:1) Humans are not in charge, God is in charge. What made this country great was a spirit of cooperation and respect. The motto "In God We Trust" is not followed much in our society as witnessed by the animosity rift in the population. My heart breaks at the lack of love we show for those around us. This time of pandemic does not help but it should not deter us from caring. If we cared more about the suffering of others the world would be a much different place. 

Today I am sharing the second image from Sugar Nellie. It is sad that they have closed up shop. Their images are my all time favorites. This Image is also of Victoria.

This is a very soft version of the coloring I usually do. The copic colrs are:

Shoes - E09
Coat & Hat - BG90
Dress & socks - G14
Finger Nails - R20
Eyes - G00
Hair - E51
Skin - E00, E000, E0000, Rv0000, R01

The weather here has been cold with a bit more snow than we have had in a few years. On the 22nd of February we had about three inches in just over three hours. Here is a few snap shots of it coming down. 


Thermometer on the shed is reading in the high 20's with the snow coming down fairly steady. these picks were taken through the upstairs window screens so they will appear grainy.

 




The street is fairly clear and plowed because we live on a snow emergency route.


At this point it was snowing very hard, thus the almost foggy look to the image.


That is it for this post. Thank you for the visit. God Bless and remember to "Love The Details."

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Jim and I loved reading it! Let's just all love one another! I so wish everyone would say that, the whole world over. Wouldn't that be so wonderful?! Yes, it can be hard to love some, but we have to try don't we?! Maybe one day....The Lord is definitely the one in charge, not us. I love your image Jim, you have colored this beauty up so beautifully! I wish I could color like you do, it is just stunning. It is a real shame that this store has closed up because these images are just so beautiful and precious. Loved seeing your snow photo's. But I am enjoying this week's warm up. So ready for spring as I'd rather mow grass than shovel snow! lol Just really ready to be outside and feel the sun beating down on me. lol Blessings my friend, hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful words and image. The snow is beautiful, but hopefully things are continuing to warm up now.
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad God is in control!! your words are so true Jim - I applaud you for writing and publishing them!
    As usual your colouring is spectacular!!
    I enjoyed the snow photos - it must have been rather spectacular. We only get snow where i love about once in 5 years, on average, and it does not 'sit' at all.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too loved those Sugar Nellie images and you've colored this one beautifully! I'm trying to put all that snow in the past and focus on warm sunshine now. Hate and sharp criticism both seem to have crept into the wind lately, but kindness matters....always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - look at all that snow. I had a foot over Valentines Day but it quickly melted. Love how you colored that cute image - you're right, it's too bad they closed up shop. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear those photos make me so happy that I live in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Jim and love this image and fantastic results. Your photos are glorious, something I have not experienced in my side of the world... would love to...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I'm just happy that there is NO snow on the ground right now! I didn't know that you were even taken those photos...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.